Message in the Night

From Naughty to Nice

 

The three of you just sat in silence. Chunji and L.Joe, thinking about their past while you were thinking about how fortunate you actually are. You had the wealth, you had the looks, and you had the social status. You were healthy, and your parents loved you. Thinking back to the stories behind Chunji and L.Joe’s tears, you really reflected on how unkind and ungrateful you have been.

L.Joe closed his eyes. *Mianhae, Chunji-ah… You probably don't remember me from when we were young but I treasured you so much as a friend back then. When I went to Heaven… I just wanted to lock myself up so I wouldn't be hurt again… I'm sorry…*

"Chunji... L.Joe-ah... Why were you sent to me?” You said, voice not above a whisper. But the two Angels heard you loud and clear.

"God sent us here, to guide you to lead a better life. Away from the scolding and screaming…”Chunji quietly admitted.

"Yeah... What he said." L.Joe sniffed away a tear and looked at you, “Well…? Are you going to change?”

You quickly nodded back. “Yes! I will! I swear I will! I… I’ve realised in the minutes of silence we just that… just how lucky, and fortunate I am. I’m not ill,” you looked towards Chunji,” Nor am I in desperate need of money,” you looked towards L.Joe. Then, you just looked down at your hands, fiddling with them. “Tell me. What can I do, to make things right again?”

Chunji and L.Joe gave you a silent smile. Their goal was finally accomplished. They’re well on their way to helping you become a better person. And their first stop, volunteer work.

 

Chunji and L.Joe took you home, on a subway, just like you wanted. You bounded happily into your seat and looked around excitedly. “Wah, so this is what inside of a subway looks like… I only get to see them while their models when I visit my dad’s office since he has some branch building these.”

Chunji and L.Joe chuckled. It was great to see you smiling and being all excited again after that slightly depressing heart-to-heart just then.

When they arrived at your home, you gave them their usual hug. But this time, you wanted to add something special. You pecked each one of them on their cheek, just as you hugged them. The boys’ eyes doubled in size as they both subconsciously reached out to touch their cheek.

You chuckled. “I’ll see you boys soon then.” You gave them a wink and walked into your grand mansion.

The boys looked at each other in amazement. “Did she just…” Chunji started. “Kiss our cheeks…?” L.Joe finished.

Smiling like idiots, the two boys took the subway back home and replayed the scene over and over again.

But while they were asleep, they heard His voice. “Byunghun-ah… Chanhee-ah… You’ve accomplished your goal now… ~~~~ is now willing to change. You have one month to finish up before coming back to Heaven…”

Chunji and L.Joe's eyes shot open. They both and sat up in their beds and stared blankly in front of them. L.Joe decided to go to Chunji’s bedroom to check if the was just dreaming or had they really received that message from God.

L.Joe burst in through the door to see Chunji up as well. Chunji turned to L.Joe and the look in his eyes seemed to have confirmed each other’s doubts.

*We've only got a month left…*

----------------------

 Yes... I just had to make things even sadder