Tricks and Treats

No Quick Fix For Consciousness

 

 

              Three weeks had past and it was already Halloween. It was a big day for the fraternity that Woohyun was a part of, and whether he liked it or not he was going to participate in all the stupid activities that the three amigos had planned. Sungyeol, Dongwoo and Hoya were too far into this whole celebration of the century thing, every party was thrown as if it was the end of the world. The party to end all parties. No expense was spared. This time they had gotten one of the local indie bands who had recently come into fame to perform at this year’s Halloween bash. It was a very big deal.

Hoya was in party mode weeks before the event details were even finalized. As soon as the flyers went out, he was ready. This was his thing. It was his time to shine, and show everyone once again that he was the best. Academically speaking he was at the top of his class, he had more friends then he could ask for and his personal life wasn’t that bad either. Hoya had everything going for him. One of his more enviable qualities, Lee Howon had standards and the bar was always set very high. This party would top the last one and the next party should top this. The only person he was ever trying to outdo was himself. He had a right to be cocky and big headed. He was good at everything. No one else could come close so why should he not give himself a good challenge?

 

Woohyun watched as his three frat mates were going over their check lists laughing and calling out tasks for the new pledges. Ordering the new guys around was one of Sungyeol’s favorite things to do although in the end if he was too harsh he couldn’t help but immediately coddle the newbie and offer his help in completing the assigned tasks. Such a softie. Dongwoo was very distracted these days, he had other things on his mind. Every time his phone would ring he would giggle and smile cooing away as he answered with a nice long ‘Baby!’ and disappear into an unoccupied room for long periods of time. Luckily for him Hoya was distracted as well always on his phone, planning and making deals from what Woohyun could tell. The calls always seemed to be important, business oriented. That was the life of a fraternity head, busy, busy, busy.

Woohyun continued on like normal not sleeping, working and going to school. But lately he was tired, which was unusual. After living like this for years he thought he had adapted to not getting any rest. Even though he was tired, exhausted even, in the recent nights he still could not sleep. Instead he was spending his time, when he did make it to bed, staring up at the ceiling… thinking. He only had a few hours but it felt like ages when he couldn’t even bare to close his eyes. It was as if there wasn’t enough time in the day, like he was forgetting something important. He could feel the tug in the pit of his stomach, like a hunger. A certain need for interaction. He used to be able to go days or even weeks without speaking a word, just staying in his room with his notebook writing all day.

 He would often go to the library and read for hours on end but even that was leaving him empty and looking for something more. Nothing was enough. The feeling churned inside of him. Was this how he was going to feel for the rest of his life? Could anything quale this sudden urge for human contact? If that’s what it was.

He did feel better when he sat and watched movies with Dongwoo on the couch pressed next to each other shoulder to shoulder under a blanket, but it wasn’t like that. I was just the feeling of a body. He even started to like listening to Sungyeol talk about girls. The way the kid would get excited smiling and fidgeting around twisting his fingers. Woohyun watched everything. He absorbed his surroundings and seemed to feel more then he ever had. Almost like something had woken up deep inside and wouldn’t give him release until he got his fix.

Looking at Hoya made him sad though. Was that how he appeared to everyone else? He was always locking himself behind closed doors. On the outside Howon was smiles and handshakes, friendly and always surrounded by people. How did he really feel? Woohyun wondered.

 

 

Sunggyu had finally gotten his bike back after spending his winnings on fixing it. He was about to leave the mechanics shop when he got the call from Myungsoo.

“Hey I got a gig for us tonight.” He paused for a long while waiting for a response.

“Yes, okay and?” Sunggyu just wanted to get home and crawl into bed. He huffed out loud.

Willing his body to move these days was becoming difficult. Not because he was in pain. He had healed very well and quickly after his accident. He just did not feel the need to be in public. More than anything, he wanted to curl into a ball and hide. Only a few days ago after a couple beers on the roof with Myungsoo, he was talking crazy saying things like letting go and becoming a cloud, if it wasn’t necessary to eat or breathe then he didn’t want to do it. It was almost as if his soul was being pulled towards the sky and at any moment he could float away with the breeze.

“I already know what you’re going to say, but just listen.” Myungsoo paused again expecting a defiant sound to come from the red head, but Sunggyu stayed silent so he continued. “It’s at a frat… It is a Halloween party and we have to wear costumes.” Before he could even finish his sentence, Sunggyu was already in an uproar.

“Hell no. Are you insane? Kim Myungsoo, since when did you ever think that I would get dressed up for a gig? Is this a joke and at a frat no less.” Sunggyu laughed. “You’re really funny, Soo. Hilarious. Where did you ever come up with this idea?” The sarcasm was pouring from his mouth.

“Mr. Lee, It was his idea. Apparently the fraternity hired this popular band and they canceled last minute.”

“Nope. I’m hanging up now. Are you home? So I know if I can punch you when I get there…” Sunggyu snickered. There was a slight annoyance to his tone.

“Oh well then I guess six hundred dollars isn’t worth it. I’ll see you when you get here.” The line went dead.

“Myungsoo!” Sunggyu just stared at his phone.

Call ended.

 Bastard.

So he text him. How could that brat not let him know about the money first? Money is very important considering he just spent most of what he did have saved up.

Sunggyu climbed onto his motorcycle and started the engine. It purred like a kitten. Kicking the stand out he balanced for a moment with the bike between his legs giving it a good pat and then he was off. He didn’t bring his helmet; he wasn’t that far from home.

All Sunggyu really wanted to do was sleep, but it looked like that would have to wait. Money was great motivation. If he didn’t feel bad for the waitress at the diner he would have quit ages ago and just slept for the remainder of his life. He could always try to make a living out of racing. He would never do it professionally, where is the rush in that? He could race more and save up all his winnings. He had only lost once, to some stupid guy on a crotch rocket probably super charged fuel injected bull. Sunggyu had to pat himself on the back. He won based on pure talent not because his bike had a trick engine. The bike he rode was his grandfather’s candy apple red 1955 Harley Davidson Panhead, it even had a side car attached to it when it was given to him in his will after the old man had passed. Apparently, his grandparents were a rowdy bunch back in the day and his parents wondered where he got it. He laughed to himself just thinking about it. He really missed that old man. His eyes scanned the wet road. He was almost home.

 

Two weeks prior they were putting their plans together and managed to get the local famous underground indie band to play for a small fee. That meant all the hot, sorority girls would definitely show, because girls like that always flocked to greasy-haired dirty looking guitar players. Well, the band just canceled. Hoya was fuming. Sungyeol on the other hand had an idea. He knew some people who might be interested. As Hoya was busy making his own calls to ream a few people. Sungyeol had made a call of his own. The band he was part of would be performing at the house tonight. He didn’t dare tell Hoya because well then they probably wouldn’t get paid. Sungyeol chuckled.

“Hey Nam,” Sungyeol threw an arm around Woohyun’s shoulders. “Guess what?”

Woohyun shrugged the lanky guy’s long limbs off. “What? Or do you really want me to guess?” He shoved another strawberry in his mouth and smirked at the scene of Hoya harassing the pledges in the common room.

“My band is going to play tonight.” Sungyeol sounded cocky, but then his tone suddenly changed to a whisper. “Don’t tell Hoya okay? I just said I would get a band. Besides one of the guys in my band just so happens to be his arch nemesis…” He trailed off going on about how Hoya just actually hates everyone.

Woohyun cut him off. “I had no clue you were in a band.” He looked at Sungyeol sideways.

“Yeah for about three years now. Where have you been?” Sungyeol said sarcastically and that’s when Hoya walked by giving him the most evil death glare. Maybe he was on to him. Sungyeol was praying to god the frat leader didn’t hear anything that they were talking about, or he would have his balls in a vice.

Dongwoo was the complete opposite, he was an absolute saint, and if he were a saint then Lee Howon was Satan in the flesh. You only had one chance with Hoya. There were rumors about him killing people for sport, but that could never be true because he was too busy caring about his appearance to get blood on his hands or anywhere near his finely pressed polo’s.

The whole group had noticed Woohyun’s slightly less enthusiastic demeanor over the past few weeks and to be honest they were quite annoyed by it. Hoya in specific. He was the party guy and if one of the clan was feeling down it killed the mood. Hoya had coaxed Woohyun out of his room with promises of good writing material and a new leather bound notebook. Woohyun knew the head of the fraternity had to be stern but he really did care underneath it all. He wasn’t that bad…

Sunggyu was on Woohyun’s mind twenty four seven. It was bad. He didn’t want to be filled up with thoughts of another person; it made it hard to concentrate. The small gestures stayed with him, long fingers running through bright red hair, or the constant picking at holes just to make them bigger. Woohyun laughed. This person makes holes bigger, quite the opposite to himself. He would want to patch it up. This is what made things so interesting and intriguing. Kim Sunggyu was his complete opposite, and maybe that is why he felt the way he did. They do say opposites attract. If you stood them side by side Woohyun was clean cut and well-dressed whereas Sunggyu had off colored hair, tattoos piercings and leather. Complete opposites. He sat down at the breakfast bar and shoved another strawberry in his mouth. Tonight had better be good.

 

The party was on.

Woohyun was dressed in his costume… an orange shirt that had the words ‘This is My Costume’ printed on the front he thought it was pretty clever considering he wasn’t one to dress up, but a costume was required. House rules no one entered without a costume and a five-dollar cover charge. He was already three drinks in and the lights looked nice. Everything was sparkling, black lights and glowing orange jack o’ lanterns. Hoya had insisted that they all take a shot together before opening the doors. One shot turned into four and Woohyun was feeling good. He always swore that he didn’t like to drink but that was only ever on the day after consuming one too many and right now he couldn’t see the problem with having a couple at a party.

“Hey Woohyun you look great.” Dongwoo’s girlfriend found Woohyun sitting in kitchen on the counter red solo cup empty. “Where is Soojung? I thought she would be here with her entourage trying to get her claws into you.”

Woohyun laughed and lifted his cup to his lips before realizing the cup was empty he frowned. Dongwoo’s girlfriend was small and cute, like a fairy. Moreover,  ironically that is what she was dressed up as with wings and all. A fairy covered in flowers, ribbons braided into her strawberry blonde hair. They had similar vibes, her and Dongwoo. They were what Woohyun wanted to write about, the reason why he wrote. For love. To have something like they had was all he used to dream about, finding the perfect girl and the future didn’t matter as long as they were together. He jumped down off the counter.

“Hmm. Well, I haven’t heard from her in a while.” He shrugged and walked over to the large bucket of ice full of buried beer bottles. He pulled one out of the freezing water and opened it pouring it into his cup.

“You don’t like her?” Brianne, Dongwoo’s girlfriend did the same taking a beer for herself.

As she was pouring Dongwoo came up behind her wrapping his arms around her waist. She smiled already knowing who it was.

“Hyunnie is out making new friends these days, one step at a time. Right Nam?” Dongwoo raised his glass to Woohyun with a smirk on his face. His cheeks were red and the hood from his dinosaur onesie was falling into his eyes. He was already drunk.

“Girl… friends?” Brianne raised an eyebrow trying to infer something Woohyun really didn’t want to hear. Who cared if he was dating? She saw his slight reaction to the word and didn’t need an answer. “Oh, well at least you’re getting out more. Cheers to that!” Her smile was cute and could melt anyone’s heart.

Woohyun cracked and laughed along with the dinosaur and the little sugarplum fairy. Next thing he knew a zombie crashed into all of them clanking their drinks together with too much force, it was Sungyeol. Apparently, he heard the word cheers and could not resist. Soon enough they were toasting to everything and anything, some people from the crowd began to chime in. Woohyun would have more than a few new friends by the end of the night.

 

The music was blaring so loud Sunggyu and Myungsoo could hear it as soon as they pulled up.

“Remind me why I am here again?” Sunggyu pulled the visor down adjusting his teeth in the mirror. He was still not feeling that great about performing at a fraternity. Those guys were always stereotypical s.

“Money.” Myungsoo put the car into park slowly turning to face Sunggyu who was obviously having a hard time. “You look fine can we just go already?”

“Yeah yeah. Here, Your ears.” Sunggyu pulled a pair of black cat ears from somewhere under his cape. Myungsoo leaned forward with a Cheshire grin wiggling around waiting for Sunggyu to place the ears on his head. “Stop moving around. You have your tail right? Where did you even find this stuff?”

“Halloween is my favorite… I had it just laying around.” Myungsoo pursed his lips in a fake pout pawing at Sunggyu.

“Forget it, let’s just go we still have to set up and the party already started. This is going to .” Sunggyu huffed and got out of the car slamming the door behind him.

Suddenly he was yanked back hard. There was a tight grip round his throat and he was choking. He fell backwards landing hard on the ground gasping for air. In a flash there was a body hovering over him reaching out for whatever had been holding him back. Who was this mysterious man from the walking dead that was about to save his life?

“Yeol!” Myungsoo screeched running and jumping on his tall friend just as he released Sunggyu from his cape that had been caught in the car door.

“Hey!” Myungsoo and Sungyeol were a mash of arms and legs.

Sunggyu just watched the two from the ground, still too stressed out after he watched his life flash before his eyes.

“Yo, man I know you hate frats but no need to attempt suicide just to avoid the gig.” Sungyeol laughed hard as he had Myungsoo in a headlock dragging him around to the back of the car. “You going to stay on the floor? And what are you with a cape? A vampire?”

Sunggyu didn’t answer. He untied the cape and tossed it somewhere out into the street. He already had fake blood running down his chin and vampire teeth Myungsoo insisted on cementing in with denture glue. ‘If you rock to hard tonight they won’t even fall out.’ Why did he listen to his idiot roommate? But now they were here and there was no backing out.

Sungyeol helped carry the equipment into the frat house. It was only 10 pm and everything was in full swing. There was a small area set up where Sungyeol had been doing his DJ-ing earlier in the night. They set everything up quickly and Sungyeol met them with a bottle of tequila making sure to get well lubed up before they started to tune their guitars.

As soon as the first note reverberated through the speakers, the crowd began to form. Sunggyu looked out into the mass of people eyeing a few classmates. He adjusted his jacket holding his pick in his mouth for a moment to get himself settled in. The girls right in front with their tiny matching nurses outfits turned to show him their s. He couldn’t help the vampire grin that spread over his lips. What was so bad about being a rock star when ty girls are always throwing themselves at the stage?

Myungsoo was bright eyed batting his eyes at all the people throwing out kisses here and there and they weren’t even performing yet. Sungyeol rece again with a few beers handing one to each of them. Myungsoo and Sunggyu pounded them back before setting the bottles down on the amp in front of their make shift stage.

“What do you think Hoya is going to do when he finds out that it’s us who are performing?” Myungsoo turned around to Sungyeol who was adjusting the hi-hat on his drum set.

“I don’t know and I don’t really care. I finally get to use these babies.” He pet the sparkling blue drum set caressing one of the cymbals. “You’ve been waiting so long haven’t you my babies? Don’t worry I will play you long and hard tonight.” Myungsoo and Sungyeol both cracked up almost falling over.

Everything was set and ready to go. It was show time.

Sunggyu stepped up to the mike holding it in both hands. He his lips before he spoke looking out over the crowd, his guitar hanging loose over his shoulder.

“Happy ing Halloween! We are Queen Mab!” Sunggyu was feeling the rush now; the adrenaline was pumping through his veins. He looked to the side at Myungsoo who was obviously eager to go. For a moment they shared a devious smile. Myungsoo and Sunggyu both took their jackets off and tossed them somewhere off to the side. It was so very rock and roll. With one foot up on the amp and his guitar now in hand he screamed out in to the loud room “ you frat house boys!”

Defiant until the end.

The people roared and all the girls screamed. Sunggyu closed his eyes enjoying the moment. And right then everything just seemed so perfect.

 

 

“I will shove those 6 kilos down your throat.” Hoya stared at Woohyun who had just drunkenly barged into his room.

He must have been on a very important call with his minions because as soon as the door cracked he was on his feet getting up to slam it shut on who ever thought it would be a good idea to trespass, but once he saw Woohyun he calmed down a bit. Woohyun shrugged a sorry and spun out of the room closing the door behind him a little harder then he should have. He shushed himself cackling in the hallway. He was definitely drunk and the only reason he wound up in Hoyas room was because he just really had to pee. It was the next door on the left. Luckily, there was no line. He pulled down his shorts and gripped the rim of the cup in his teeth steadying himself with one hand on the sink. The bathroom was small. He caught sight of himself in the mirror laughing, the beer in the cup sloshing up into his face so he tipped his head back swallowing the rest of the liquid with much skill, well as much as an intoxicated person could have. Some of it wound up running down his chin and over his neck.

He looked at his own eyes, black and blue smudged and blood shot.

“Oh .” His mouth fell open after he heard the rebellious opening from the band that apparently planned to make a big show out of tonight’s stage.

Woohyun dropped the cup. It seemed like slow motion when it fell into the toilet. What the hell was Sungyeol thinking? Hoya was going to kick that idiot’s for sure. Did the lead singer of his band just tell the frat guys to off?

He put himself back together and busted open the bathroom door. Hoya had the exact same idea almost ripping his own door off the hinges. Their eyes met for a moment as they looked down the hall but Hoya was already flying around the corner and out into the raging people. Woohyun was about to follow but he was stopped by a hand planted firmly on his chest.

“Hey, babe.” It was Soojung. “Aw you look more pretty then I do.” She giggled tracing a finger down over his chest. “We match.”

Woohyun had almost forgotten that in the time between throwing back drinks in the kitchen, to just now when he walked out of the bathroom, that he had an impromptu costume change.

After a few rounds with his new friends, some of the sorority girls from around the block got their hands on him and unfortunately he wasn’t being very cooperative. Dongwoo and Sungyeol decided to help the girls out but suddenly everything took a turn for the weird. Clothes started to come off, soon enough he was in a closet with Dongwoo’s girlfriend and one of the ditzy blonde sorority girls. For some reason she was too. All he could hear were Brianne’s giggles in his ear and his dinosaur friend’s laughter from right outside of the door.

Sungyeol and Dongwoo were holding it shut as the two girls stripped Woohyun, dressing him up in a powder blue lace corset and black ruffled booty shorts. He knew he would definitely regret this in the morning, but a party was a party.

So, when Soojung leaned up on him reaching around to grab the cotton tail that Sungyeol had stabbed into his with a safety pin he had to face palm.

“Hi, yeah. Wow. Look we do kind of match.” He sighed and reached up to his head. The sarcasm was unmistakable. “But look I have bunny ears and you have cat ears. Rabbits and cats really can’t ever be together, so I have to go now.” He smirked at his own drunken logic.

Soojung just pouted and pulled her hands away from Woohyun staring at the floor. Even though she wasn’t completely sober she still fully grasped what he was trying to say. They would never be. Woohyun watched as her face changed but in an instant she was bright as ever.

“Someday I will make you mine Nam Woohyun!” She yelled the words as she stomped away down the hall running after Hoya.

Woohyun shook his head. He needed to find Hoya and make sure he wasn’t about to pummel Sungyeol into the ground. He rounded the corner searching the room full of people. He knew that Hoya was wearing all black today but so was the majority of everyone else. It was Halloween. Couldn’t people be a little more original? It would have made his life so much easier.

Then he heard it. His heart stopped beating and he stopped dead in his tracks, his black and white converse skidding on the hardwood floor.

The sound rang in his ears. The room was empty except for him and the person singing on stage. The rest of the world faded around him. This couldn’t be happening, not here not now. This was his home this was where he slept ate and drank. This was the place where he could be away from the reality.

His mouth went dry as it all came rushing back to him. The sound of the crowd cheering, guitars and drums pounding in his ears, it was all too much. He was smiling, so hard that it almost hurt. He tilted his head back looking toward the ceiling to thank whatever god had allowed this to happen. Kim Sunggyu was on stage. Everything that he was currently feeling had just intensified by ten thousand percent.

 

Sunggyu was belting out the lyrics to the last song that he wrote, spitting the words out into the crowd he was holding hostage with his eyes. Myungsoo was at his side, head bobbing to the music, and as he looked back Sungyeol was going just as hard pounding on his drums covered in a thin layer of sweat. The room was heating up. The people were eating up the rock fueled energy that Sunggyu was spewing into the mass of frat boys and sorority girls. This was a party.

He ran his tongue over his lips biting at his tongue ring as his fingers slid over the frets. He scanned the crowd. There at the back near the wall, he saw Nam Woohyun wearing fluffy white bunny ears and he was smiling. When their eyes finally met Sunggyu went mad. He played like he had never played before. The connection was electric even from across and crowded room. 

They kept eye contact for much longer then either of them could stand and Sunggyu had chills running up his spine, skin covered in goose bumps even though he could swear the temperature had risen since they arrived.

 

Woohyun was about to move closer to the stage but a body crashed into him forcing him against the wall. Rushed hands were pressed into his skin and soft lips captured his. He went completely stiff for a moment unsure of how to react. Something like this had never happened to him before. Was it just another drunk girl trying to get their hands in his pants? This is where he could feel the feather light touch of fingers traveling. He snapped out of it pushing the body away. It was Soojung she was biting her lip staring up at him from under her long eyelashes.

“Got you.” She booped a finger on his nose. “I guess today was that day, huh Nam?”

Woohyun was livid subconsciously tightening his grip on her shoulders until she pulled away crossing her arms over her chest.

“What the hell do you think you’re doing? Christ.” He looked from her to the stage and back again. “Will you please just get it through your head, this, us, we will never work.” He was furious, yelling and balling his fists, but he would never raise a hand.

Hoya wasn’t that far away and he had seen the whole thing. He didn’t know which problem to handle first, Woohyun and the girl or ripping Sungyeol’s throat out. Hoya walked over to Woohyun placing a hand on his shoulder to hopefully bring him down. Woohyun didn’t even acknowledge that the frat leader was there he was too busy staring daggers into Soojung to the point where she started to cry.

Woohyun disappeared into the crowd and Hoya was left with the sobbing mess of a girl.

 

Soon enough their whole set was over, Myungsoo and Sungyeol were on a high. Soo was hanging off of Yeol like a monkey to which after being introduced to Dongwoo he implied that is what he should have come dressed as. Sunggyu was thoroughly pissed off at the sight he had witnessed. Nam Woohyun had once again brushed off his performance for some less important matters. Who was that stupid girl and why was she allowed to take all of the fluffy kid’s attention? Was he only ever a second thought to Woohyun?

Sungyeol and Myungsoo had the right idea, get faced wasted. Although Myungsoo wasn’t able to hold his liquor that well he wouldn’t be driving home tonight because Sungyeol promised cuddle for his little kitty friend, so it shouldn’t be a problem. Dongwoo had also invited Sunggyu to stay, offering up any bed that had an empty spot.

“Brianne doesn’t mind if I share, do you honey bun?” Dongwoo was preoccupied with his arms around his precious girlfriend.

“Hmm nope, well as long as you stay away from other females.” They both laughed.

Sunggyu shook his head it was like they were the same person.

“Tonight is just great, man you know how to really put on a show. And when you guys took off your jackets, all the girls screamed. You should be famous already.” The happy guy in the dinosaur outfit continued to babble on as he finished off another bottle of beer.

Sunggyu was holding onto his own beer loosely in his fingers lost in searching the whole place for those fluffy bunny ears, if only to find Woohyun and curse him out.

“Sunggyu,” Myungsoo apparently lost his tree and was clinging to Sunggyu’s arm now nearly dragging him to the ground. “I don’t feel good.”

“Oh god.” Sunggyu could only think of getting Myungsoo as far away as possible. “Where did Sungyeol go? Damn it.” He looked around but there were no zombies in sight. “Fine I’ll take you.” He turned to Dongwoo. “Hey man… nearest bathroom?”

“Downstairs and around the corner, but there is probably a line so you can use the one at the top of the stairs near the end of the hall.” Dongwoo scrunched his face. “You might want to hurry up. It doesn’t look like he’s going to make it.” And right at that moment Myungsoo started to gag.

“.”

 

Woohyun was pissed, but he also wanted to explain everything to Sunggyu and talk to him, tell him about everything that was keeping him busy. He made his way across the room of people. Everyone seemed to be having such a great time. He spotted Dongwoo and Sungyeol leaving the crowded kitchen.

“Hey have you seen Sunggyu?” He almost seemed to be out of breath.

“Did Soojung find you?” Sungyeol elbowed him in the side, only eliciting a glare from the angry bunny. “Never mind.”

“Yeah,” Dongwoo managed to remove his lips from his girlfriends for a moment to respond. “He went upstairs with that Myungsoo guy, in the kitty ears.”

Woohyun groaned rubbing his hands over his face in frustration. He knew that there was something between them but nothing like this. His stomach twisted maybe it was just the alcohol.

He gave them a ‘thanks’ and disappeared again. Sungyeol looked at Dongwoo puzzled.

“Wait, how does he know Sunggyu?”

Dongwoo just shrugged too busy to give any sort of an answer.

 

Woohyun debated on whether or not to go upstairs and confront his worst fears. What if it was nothing? What if they just needed to use the bathroom, or change? That was a good idea, changing his clothes. On his way towards the stairs he grabbed a random bottle off of the coffee table to keep him company for the rest of the night just in case things didn’t go how he planned.

When he reached the top of the stairs he could hear sounds coming from the bathroom. Every fiber in his being was telling him not to go and listen but of course he did. Gnawing at his bottom lip he pressed his ear to the bathroom door.

“Is that okay?”

“Hmm yes.”

“How do you feel ?”

“I feel good, Sunggyu.”

Woohyun had to slap a hand over his mouth to keep from giving himself away. He should have left but he continued to listen.

“Let’s clean you up.”

“I love you so much, Gyu.”

Woohyun choked. He wanted to drown himself. What was he doing? He opened the bottle and took a long swig. It burned.

“Yeah yeah you too…baby”? The last word was a mumble.

What was that what did he just say? ‘You too baby?’ ‘You big baby?’ Which was it? Woohyun wanted to claw at the door bit he opted for heading back to his room instead. He just loved to torture himself.

The door opened.

Myungsoo was right in his face. His eyes flickered with something evil. Woohyun watched as he wiped his mouth with the back of his hand and lifted his shirt to finish buttoning his pants. Myungsoo was smirking at Woohyun the whole time. Sunggyu was behind him, eyes heavy as he ran a hand through his hair.

Myungsoo pushed passed Woohyun and waltzed down the hall. When Sunggyu finally looked up he seemed to be in shock, stopped dead in his tracks, but Woohyun was already fleeing in the opposite direction. Sunggyu debated on whom to follow. Myungsoo won this time, he would really give Woohyun a piece of his mind later.

Sunggyu and Myungsoo rejoined the party for a while, but Sunggyu couldn’t help but wonder if Woohyun would come back down and talk to him. He just really wanted to rip into him about how he needs to stop ignoring him… and how were they supposed to be friends or whatever this was if Woohyun wasn’t even a willing participant in the first place?

When Sunggyu had hesitated earlier Woohyun walked away to his room slamming the door behind him. He was all riled up, but why should he even care. Sunggyu stood outside of Woohyun’s door for a moment. In the end he had chosen to leave. Now he was almost regretting his decision.

 

After changing his mind a billion times, Sunggyu found himself back upstairs. He pounded on the door. “I’m coming in.” There was no answer so… he walked in.

Woohyun was flat on his bed with his legs hanging off the side. There were no lights on except for the light flooding into the room from the hall. Sunggyu walked in and closed the door behind him. It was only polite since Woohyun seemed to want it shut in the first place. He didn’t even try to find a light, just standing there with his back against the door. Woohyun sat up.

“Can I help you?” He rested on his elbows propping up the bottle of booze with him.

Was he mad or just drunk, Sunggyu couldn’t tell. His eyes were adjusting to the room with help from the light of the moon. It seemed to always be full and bright. He looked around the room. It was clean and organized. There was one shelf reaching from the floor to ceiling, stacked with books. Sunggyu finally looked directly at Woohyun.

“Oh god what are you wearing?” He couldn’t help but laugh. When he had seen Woohyun from the stage he could only see him from the neck up.

Woohyun brought his hands to his chest and realized how exposed he was. He was wearing a ty bunny outfit, he just wanted to hide. He threw himself back on the bed unscrewing the bottle taking a sip.

“Well you didn’t even dress up. What are you supposed to be a crappy wannabe rock star?” Woohyun chuckled.

Sunggyu was actually offended. “I am a vampire for your information. “ He walked closer to the bed leaning over Woohyun grinning to show him his teeth.

“Oh , those look real.” Woohyun sat up pulling his legs up sitting cross-legged. “Are they permanent?” He reached out to touch them as Sunggyu sat down next to him on the bed. He seemed to have forgotten about the incident from earlier.

“They sure as hell better not be.” Sunggyu took the bottle from Woohyun and drank enough to make his chest burn. He coughed. “Wanna test them out?” He smiled at Woohyun making a goofy face, obviously not serious at all.

“Go for it.” Woohyun held his arm out. He was completely plastered.

“You are drunk.” Sunggyu laughed. “And you’re wearing that.” He pointed a wavering finger at Woohyun’s revealing attire.

“You don’t like it?” Woohyun pouted inching a little closer. “You think I’m not completely aware of what is happening right now, Kim?” Woohyun rested his hand on Sunggyu’s thigh for balance. “I grade your papers .” He reached up taping the red head lightly on the cheek before standing up to start pulling at his clothes. “Jesus, how do girls wear this ?”

This whole scene was hilarious. If anyone walked in right now who knows what they would think. While trying to unclasp the back of the corset with no help from Sunggyu Woohyun lost his balance falling backwards. Sunggyu caught him.

“Thank god for these vampire reflexes.” They were both in tears doubled over on the floor with laughter.

They both just lay there on their backs staring up at the ceiling for a moment. Woohyun climbed over Sunggyu to grab the bottle from the bed. Might as well finish it off, he thought. Before Woohyun could move back to his spot on the floor Sunggyu grabbed his waist and held him in place by his hips. Woohyun decided to just sit where he was, straddling Sunggyu. He finished off the bottle pulling Sunggyu up by the shirt.

“Here,” He pressed their mouths together roughly pushing the liquid into the red heads mouth. It was bitter and harsh. It was anything but a kiss. “Have the rest.” Woohyun pulled away his lips in a daze.

Sunggyu didn’t understand what had even just happened but he didn’t not like it. Before he could think twice he had Woohyun pinned to the floor beneath him.

“You shouldn’t have done that.” He smiled a toothy grin exposing his canines. “Vampire attack!” And he was at Woohyun’s neck. It was just a small bite but the reaction he got sent him over the edge. Did Nam Woohyun just moan in his ear? He whispered “.” And they were done.

Sunggyu left Woohyun’s neck and moved up to capture those full lips. He couldn’t help but bring his hands up to Woohyun’s exposed chest grasping at nothing. He had never done this with a guy before. His wandering hands were a mess. He was turning pink from embarrassment but the darkness of the room hid it well and at least Woohyun seemed to be enjoying himself.

Woohyun kissed him back wrapping his legs around Sunggyu’s waist. He had his hands tangled in that soft red hair. He needed more skin, fingers searching and traveling lower finding the edge of Sunggyu’s shirt slipping underneath grazing over smooth skin.

Sunggyu helped him out by removing his own shirt completely finally pulling apart to gasp for air. They laughed. The whole thing was forceful and careless, Sunggyu adjusted the bunny ears that were falling off of Woohyun’s head but his fingers seemed to be failing so he decided that they were no longer necessary and tossed them somewhere under the kid’s bed.

It should have been a concern when Woohyun was flipped onto his back but in the moment all he could register was the taste of alcohol on Sunggyu’s tongue when he flicked his tongue over his lips asking for entrance. Woohyun found himself groaning into the kiss feeling thighs pressed to either side of his. The contact was overwhelming but he only wanted so much more.

Sunggyu was only interested in touching as much of Woohyun as he could and when they managed to get rid of the useless corset only then did Sunggyu almost blurt out something about how wrong it is to be making out with his friend while they were both drunk and on the floor no less. Before he can get a word in edgewise, Woohyun is palming the crotch of his jeans and all the blood in his body rushed south, leaving him only able to gasp for much needed oxygen.

Woohyun’s breath hitched when Sunggyu's hands slide down over his hips to cup the curve of his through his frilly black shorts; his reaction to the touch is electric, and Sunggyu moves back to his neck to bite harder at the pulse point under Woohyun's jaw.

Neither of them have the patients  to make it up to the bed so they just settle for continuing on the floor with Woohyun’s shoulder blades pressed into the carpet as Sunggyu mouthed over his chest. Woohyun continued to endlessly press his fingers into Sunggyu’s back leaving a trail of tiny crescents to make sure that this was real.

They melted together as the moon filled the room covering them in a cool pale glow of shimmering light shone through the large window pain and as the party rumbled from below it sent small vibrations up through the floor which added to the sensation of the whole thing.

When they did finally part it took them a full twenty minutes to catch their breath and suddenly they were on their sides, curled into each other as their rasping laughter escalated to the point of insanity. Leaving them clutching at their sides, eyes pooled with tears as they face each other, cackling like crazy at their own stupidity.

They laughed well into the night and fell asleep just like that fingers locked together in the dark bathed in the pale moonlight.

 

 

 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________

an: Hi guys! Sorry for being late >_< How is the story so far? I hope you like it. Are you listening to the playlist its better if you listen on shuffle at this point at least until the whole story is finished. Cant wait for the next chapter things are finally starting to progress yay! Woogyu happened ^_^ Thank you again for reading and subscribing!!! LOVE YOU ALL lalalalalaaaaaa~<3 Busy busy.... until next time!