Missing You

Absolute Boyfriend

                It was a great morning. It was quiet, peaceful, and Seh Lyung got a reasonable amount of sleep. If weren’t the fact Seh Lyung had no idea where the four boyfriends were. They weren’t charging in their room, nor were they making breakfast for her.

                She was going to wake up her uncle and ask, but he was still wiped out on the couch since last night and she didn’t want to bother disturbing him.

                So she ended up going to school all alone.

                But here she was, in class, and No Minwoo was happily talking to the twins as if nothing had happened. Hello? You were gone since this morning! She decided to keep up the façade and pretend it wasn’t a big deal. She slipped into her classroom desk and took out her homework.

                Which she forgot to do. She was planning on doing it last night, until Jeongmin’s talk made her sleepy and she decided to rest early. Sheesh, it’s only been a little under a few days and these boyfriends were already taking a toll on her.

                Seh Lyung was hesitant as she looked back and forth from Minwoo to her paper. Class wouldn’t start until twenty-five minutes. The perfectly completed problems on Minwoo’s desk were taunting her. He was busy talking to Youngmin and Kwangmin in the back, maybe he wouldn’t notice.

                She quickly snatched his homework and scanned the surprisingly neat handwriting. No, she wasn’t going to copy, much.

                “Seh Lyungie?” Minwoo bounced over to her, all innocent. “Why do you have my homework?”

                “Ah…” she blushed, sheepish. “I need help, sorry for just taking it.”

                “I forgive you,” he said instantly. “What do you need help with?”

                “This one.” And that one, and those… everything.

                Minwoo leaned in and reached for her calculator. He wouldn’t need one, but she wouldn’t understand it he started flinging answers. He leaned over her shoulder, his face close to hers.

                “So here you use the formula…” Seh Lyung felt Minwoo’s breath tickle her ear. Robots didn’t breathe, and it was probably a synthetic machine doing the work. Even so, she felt like she was in a reality, of a cute boy actually helping her with her homework. His close proximity made her forget why he was here—he as more distraction than help.

                “… and that’s how you find the midpoint.” Minwoo flashed a winning smile. “So do you understand now?”

                “Yep.” That was a complete lie. But thankfully, Minwoo believed her and walked off, and to her luck he left his paper on her desk, free to copy.

                When she finally got her lunch break, Seh Lyung jumped up and went to the bathroom, not bothering to meet Donghyun’s gaze. She was going to ask him, but decided against it. He’s the leader, so he should take all liability for this.

                “Oof!”

                Seh Lyung quickly grasped the boy’s uniform collar, preventing herself from falling backward. But then she realized who she was holding onto and immediately let go, leaving the boy to reach for her waist and pull her close with his fast reflexes.

                “Hyunseong!” she shrieked, trying to back away. Their noses were nearly touching.

                The third year boy was frozen to the spot, and showed a feeling of embarrassment. “A—are you okay?” he managed to ask.

                “I was walking too fast, I’m fine… just please let go of me.”

                “Oh!” Immediately, he relinquished his grip and helped Seh Lyung stand up straight. “I’m sorry.”

                “Where were you this morning?” Seh Lyung asked, tucking a dark strand of hair behind her ear.

                “At Youngmin and Kwangmin’s house.” Hyunseong said simply, and blinked as if nothing was wrong.

                “What!?” She exclaimed, pulling him to the side of the hall. “Why!”

                “We were tired. But we weren’t really tired.”

                “Is that supposed to make sense? You guys shouldn’t have been there, what if Youngmin and Kwangmin found you out?”

                “They did not. We pretended to do this thing where in humans do the act of respiring through the open mouth so that the currents of inspired and expired air cause the tissues of the nose and throat to vibrate.”

                Through Hyunseong’s professor-leveled vocabulary (of course, robot) Seh Lyung made out the simple answer, “Snoring?”

                “Neh!”

                “You should’ve at least told me where you were going first? I had so many bad thoughts that something bad happened to the four of you!”

                Hyunseong’s features softened. “Did something happen at the home?” he asked, leaning in.

                “No.” she huffed, crossing her arms. “I’m going to class now.”

                And she stormed back to her classroom, leaving Hyunseong alone.

                “What the heck’s up with you?”

                Seh Lyung’s head rested on her desk, as she stared at the whiteboard with an annoyed look. She tried avoiding Kwangmin’s finger which had been prodding her shoulder for the past few minutes. He was trying to get her to talk to him alone, since Youngmin and Minwoo were excused to do some errands.

                “Seh Lyungie, please talk to me.”

                The girl finally turned her head to his direction the slightest, her eyes flashing dangerously. “What do you want?”

                “Why are you acting like this?” he asked, ready to comfort her.

                She sighed, not wanting to lash out all of her discomfort on innocent Kwangmin. “I’m kind of in a fight.”

                Kwangmin smiled softly, reaching over to pat her shoulder. “You can tell me, I’m a good listener and I’m not a big mouth.”

                Seh Lyung returned his smile, feeling more at ease. Kwangmin was such a nice guy. “Well, I won’t give away names. But my friend went missing last night and didn’t tell me his whereabouts.”

                “Ah… was it Minwoo?” Kwangmin asked, holding his chin in thought.

                “What?” Seh Lyung’s perked up slowly, as she pretended to be cool about it. She laughed, brushing it off. “No, of course not. I haven’t seen Minwoo since we hung out at your house.”

                “How about Jeongmin? Hyunseong? Teacher Donghyun, or Donghyun-hyung?” Seh Lyung fought the urge to drop her jaw. Did Kwangmin just call his teacher his hyung? Ugh.

                “Why bring them up?” she asked, feigning confusion. Of course she knew that they had a little sleepover last night, but she decided to play along.

                “Oh… no reason.”  Kwangmin said, embarrassed. Seh Lyung gave him a little look, but didn’t press and just continued sulking.

                The rest of class Seh Lyung could think of nothing but Donghyun, Hyunseong, Minwoo, and Jeongmin. And it didn’t help that Minwoo and Donghyun were in the same room. In the first place, why did she even care about them not being around this morning? A few days ago she was yelling at them to get out. Was she really worried about them? It was really weird. Maybe it was because it was her Uncle’s creations, and she was unsettled with the fact her Uncle would be upset if he found them missing.

                Seh Lyung even walked home alone. Unbelievable. Her head’s down for only five seconds after the dismissal bell alarms, and when she looks up Donghyun and Minwoo are missing. Even Youngmin and Kwangmin couldn’t believe they got up and left so fast. She was going to ask if they could walk home with them, but they said they were busy and had to go somewhere else.

                Having no issue with the four boyfriends and the twins, she was left to walk home on her own. It was almost too peaceful for her. She suddenly missed them. She felt bad too, since all they’ve done was be nice, and even though they were programed to do so, she never returned their favor.

                She fumbled for her house keys, as she slowly opened the door.

                “Seh Lyung-ah, you’re home!”

                Past the door, appeared the four boyfriends. There were colorful streamers of pink and blue (her favorite) all over the top of the ceiling, and a pile of desserts on the coffee table. Minwoo came over with a glittery party hat and stuck it on her head, and she was too surprised to protest.

                Hyunseong came over and hugged her. It was the first time she had ever received a hug from him, and it was shocking because he was always in the back. “I told them that you were mad,” he said, gesturing to the other boys, all smiling. “We’re sorry, girlfriend.”

                “I’ll explain it to you later,” Donghyun assured. Good, because she didn’t want to get mad at them over nothing.

                Jeongmin gave her a halfhearted wave from behind. He was the last person she saw last night.

                “But why were you so mad, Seh Lyungie?” Minwoo asked, his eyes etched with misunderstanding. “We didn’t go far.”

                Seh Lyung looked back and forth between the four boys, and then to the floor, embarrassed. She couldn’t help but feel touched towards the four guys. Even though they were the fabrication of what a human boyfriend could give her, the feelings were all the same. “I missed you.” She admitted, her voice low.

                Upon her reply, Minwoo’s fictional heart pounded. “We promise Seh Lyung, we’ll never leave your side ever again.”

~~~~

Oh my goshhhh. I lack so much Jo twins in this fic. I should change that. You know... well, I'd also like to thank:

| TA~DA REQUEST SHOP |

For giving me this new, awesome poster! If you ever need a poster you should seriously consider them, they're super awesome and super nice!

I hope you guys had a happy thanksgiving, take care!

~Camille