Neighbors

Absolute Boyfriend

                “Seh Lyungie,” called her uncle, who was hastily trying to tie his tie properly. “Aish, I’m going to be late…”

                With a bored expression, the young girl watched him squirm and writhe against the red piece of cloth. What kind of grown man still had problems with tying his tie? Reluctantly, she slapped his hands away and fixed his tie, her actions swift.

                “Ah, what would I do without you?” K.Will said, ruffling her hair. It had only been a few days since she they’ve started living together and he already seemed dependent on her.

                She shook her head. “I don’t know, sahm-chon. But you’re already late for your seminar at the university. You’re students are probably enthralled.”

                Professor K.Will quickly kissed the top of her forehead, grabbing his leather briefcase. “Please don’t spend your day eating ramen and watching Music Core!”

                “I’ll try.” She said, her reply laced with sarcasm.

                When her uncle left, Seh Lyung ironically her television to Music Core. These past two days were strange. In fact, her watching Music Core was the only normal activity she did since she got here. She wondered how her life was going to be like having an almost-mad scientist as her uncle.

                Her muscles were settled and stiff as she lay on her sofa. The open window revealed the shining sun; it was a really nice day. She groaned, forcing herself to get up. She couldn’t waste such a lovely afternoon. Seh Lyung took a quick shower, and slipped on a plain blue dress. Maybe she could go walk around or something.

                Opening the back entrance, she reached under the desk to grab her shoes.

                “Yah! Get back here!”

                Seh Lyung jumped at the sudden shout. She slowly directed her head to the voice. It was definitely a male voice, and it was pretty deep. She carefully popped her head over the fence.

                It was the two boys, now twins, from the other day. The brown-haired boy was aiming a garden hose threateningly at his brother, his face contorted with rage. The blond one was shielding his face for dear life, trying to dodge the other guy. Strangely, they weren’t dressed in swimming trunks or anything, they were in casual clothing. It must’ve been a spur of the moment thing, boys always got into those types of arguments.

                The blond boy suddenly leaned against the fence Seh Lyung was behind. His arms were put up in mercy. Seh Lyung tried to keep her composure, the only thing separating the blond boy and she were thin pickets of wood.

                The brunette boy gave a devilish expression, his water hose poised perfectly. “Jo Youngmin.” he said darkly. “Prepare to die.”

                He pulled down the nozzle of the hose, spraying Youngmin with ice cold water. He laughed, not taking his brother’s demeanor seriously.

                “Aah!” that wasn’t Youngmin screaming.

                Freeze. Double-take.

                The water hose was immediately relinquished, abandoned on the ground. Youngmin’s face fell, as he stared at the other boy in worry, not wanting to turn around. “Kwangmin-ah…” he mumbled. “Did you hear that?”

                Kwangmin nodded slowly. “Y-yeah, it sounded like a girl’s shriek…”

                Both boys faced the fence, their argument long forgotten. In unison, they both looked over the fence. “Omo!” There was a girl on the other side. She was pretty, with dark hair and large brown eyes. But she was drenched; head to toe in freezing water.

                Without thinking, Yougmin and Kwangmin effortlessly jumped across the fence, and tried their best to aid the very damp girl.

                “Hey, are you okay?” Youngmin asked frantically, not knowing what to do.

                Without missing a beat, Kwangmin slid off his electric yellow hoodie, putting it around the shivering girl’s shoulders. “Of course she isn’t! I just sprayed her with water!”

                “Yah, I’m the one who got wet the most! She just got leftover because of the gaps in the fence!” Youngmin complained, nearly forgetting why they were in her backyard.

                “You.” Kwangmin glared, pointing at his brother. “Shut up.”

                Biting the inside of her cheek, Seh Lyung tried her best not to snap at the two boys in-front of her. She suddenly felt dirty, even if it was only plain water. Trying to imagine herself alone, she turned in the other direction, ignoring them. Her blue dress now clung to her skin like a magnet as she shuffled back inside the house, leaving a trail of water droplets. So much for going outside.

                Seh Lyung rubbed her damp hair vigorously with her towel, now dressed in denim shorts and a plain white shirt. Her footsteps echoed loudly as she walked to the kitchen, trying to forget what just happened less than twenty minutes ago.

                She set a pan on the stove, pre heating the appliance. Then she dumped out the leftover rice in the cooker on the pan. To pass the time, she started cooking fried rice; she’d reheat her uncle’s for later.

                As if on perfect timing, the door knocked as she finished preparing her meal. “I’m coming!” she yelled, trying to put the freshly made fried rice in its serving bowl as fast as possible.

                She jogged to the front door, quickly opening it. “Hello—”

                Two guilty boys stood at her doorstep, Jo Youngmin and Kwangmin.

                “Hi.” Kwangmin blushed, not meeting her eyes. “We’re really sorry—”

                “We?” said Youngmin, eyebrows raised. “You mean I. I didn’t spray her.”

                “Well all of this could have been prevented if you knew when to keep your hands to yourself.” Kwangmin retorted, forcing a smile. “Anyways, may we please come in?”

                Seh Lyung managed to nod, still confused. Her uncle had said nothing about having guests over, and it would only be a few minutes, right? She didn’t have any reason not to, since Youngmin had already changed out of his wet clothes.

                “Mm~ what’s that smell?” he asked, barging into the kitchen. “Hey, did you make that?” he pointed to the steaming fried rice.

                “Uh, yeah.”

                “Some pork cutlet would go great with that.” Seh Lyung turned towards Kwangmin. “Should we make some?”

                “I think there’s some in the freezer, but I don’t know how.” She said quietly.

                “That’s okay,  Youngmin and I will cook it, we owe you anyway.” The tall boy reached in the freezer and said over his shoulder, “Where’s the spice cabinet?”

                Seh Lyung shrugged.

                Youngmin started going through cabinets and pulled out random objects left and right. “Are you the professor’s daughter? I’ve never seen you before.”

                “I’m his niece.” she clarified shortly. Did her uncle even have children?

                She watched in awe, observing the two twins prepare the pork cutlet. Originally she thought they’d come in and eat her food like most boys, and here they were, cooking for her. It smelt delicious; it looked like they had just come out of a cooking show.

                She should’ve met the Jo twins sooner so she didn’t need to agree to her uncle’s boyfriend program. There were two perfect boys right in-front of her! On top of that, they were actually human! Not that she regretted agreeing to her uncle’s wishes, but in the near future, maybe she could go on a normal high school life with Youngmin and Kwangmin.

                Wait, what?

                Blushing, Seh Lyung felt embarrassed about thinking too soon. That’s what she gets for being a professor’s niece—overthinking.

                “Done!” the twins chorused.

                They placed a few strips of meat on her rice, and Seh Lyung took no hesitation on eating it. “It’s really good.” She praised.

                “Thank you!” Kwangmin smiled, bowing. “If you ever need a cook we’re at your service.”

                “Don’t worry.” Seh Lyung said, waving it off. “I won’t burden you anymore. It was my fault I got wet anyway, I’m sorry I spied on you two.”

                Youngmin groaned. “Let’s forget about this, okay?”

                The girl thought for a moment. “Why were you guys fighting?”

                Kwangmin looked over to Youngmin, and Youngmin looked over to Kwangmin, exchanging glances. “It’s probably just stupid stuff.” Kwangmin shrugged. “I don’t remember.”

                “Neither do I.”

                She rolled her eyes playfully, typical for brothers to fight for no reason.

                “Oh!” Youngmin hopped up on the counter. “We didn’t get to introduce ourselves!”

                Seh Lyung looked at them attentively, even though she already knew their names, it would be nice for a formal approach.  

                “Hello, I’m the hyung, Jo Youngmin.” The blonde one said cutely, bowing.

                The brown-haired one followed him and bowed as well. “Hey, I’m the dongseang, Jo Kwangmin~”

                “I’m Kim Seh Lyung.” She bowed.

                “Seh Lyungie? What a pretty name.” They cooed.

                She smiled. “Thank you. Will you guys be going to school next week?”

                “Yep!” Youngmin said, bouncing off the countertop. “You better be in our class!”

                Seh Lyung shrugged, placing her finished plate in the sink. “Maybe… I hope so.”

                Suddenly, Kwangmin’s eyes got droopy, and he slumped down into the nearest chair. Seh Lyung looked at him worriedly, and fetched him a glass of water. “Thanks,” he gave a weak smile, taking sip so small, you couldn’t even tell if he was actually drinking it or not. “Hyung,” he whined. “I’m tired!”

                “You, Kwangminnie? You never get tired.” Youngmin said, but he reached over to touch his forehead.

                “I’m tired.

                Youngmin sighed. “We’ll get home quickly, okay?” him and Seh Lyung quickly filed for the door, Youngmin half-carrying Kwangmin. “Sorry Seh Lyung-ah, me and Kwangmin did a lot of work today and he didn’t get enough rest. If you don’t mind…?”

                “Oh, no problem! Thanks again!” she reassured. Work? Did Youngmin and Kwangmin have a job? She didn’t press further as she watched them leave.

                A little while later, Professor K.Will returned from his classes, almost as tired-looking as Kwangmin. He noticed the pork cutlet and fried rice placed on the kitchen table, ready for him to eat. “Ah, I didn’t know Seh Lyung could cook…”

                Upstairs, Seh Lyung lay in bed, thinking. Tomorrow wouldn’t be a normal day. Youngmin and Kwangmin would be at their so-called work, and she wouldn’t have anyone to hang around with. She’ll be completely free.

                Above from the fact, that the Absolute Boyfriends would come tomorrow.

                She silently directed her head over to the left, looking towards her closet. She noted the yellow hoodie that was placed neatly on a hanger. That was Kwangmin’s hoodie, he gave it to her when he sprayed her with water; she had to remember to give that back later.

                What a day. She sighed in content, the Jo twins, Youngmin and Kwangmin, were nice.

~~~

Question: "Why are the Jo twins human?"

Answer: LALALALALALALA I'M NOT ANSWERING THAT LALALALAALALA~

That awkward moment when I notice the boy in the end of the sleeping boyfriend picture is Seon Ho, an origninal member that was pulled out, not Hyunseong. Ugh, too late now, I'm sorry

Another thing I'd like to add, I'm not plagirizing. I told someone this before, I don't wanna be mean, I just want to clarify, but this is what I said to her;

"I remember clearly, that My Boyfriends was the second fanfiction I read, and I was really happy to, it inspired me to make another one of my fanfics.
I completely understand you when you say that my story is similar to hers. There's robotic perfectly perfect boyfriends that won't last forever, K.Will. I also would like to praise you for pointing out the similarities! Because it's good that you said it early, I want to make it as separate as possible.
I'd like to assure you that I'd never try to 'copy' or plagiarize her story/concept, and to be honest this story should be more based on the Manga/Drama 'Absolute Boyfriend.' If you haven't watched it I suggest you do, it's a bit cheesy but it's cute, ahaha~
I picked K.Will as the person who produced the Boyfriends because he's the eldest act in Starship, and worked with Boyfriend.
I'm really sorry that it's so similar to her fanfiction, but yeah, I'll repeat it again because I got paranoid >.< because I'd never be able to copy hers, too much guilt and not my type of concept. But I love her work! Please don't think that I'm trying to ruin her or anything, and yes this is unreasonably lenghtyyyyy."

Sorry guys, see you next time~

~Camille