Kane Emmeline

Absolute Boyfriend

                “Seh Lyungie~” Youngmin sang, trotting down the stairs with an armful of laundry. “Hyungnim wants you up in the attic.”

                “The attic?” she repeated, looking at the boy strangely. “What’s up there?”

                “Dunno,” he shrugged, “tell me after. I’m curious too.”

                They brushed shoulders as she jogged up the stairs, finding the door that led to the attic. Dust flew in the air, and she pulled out a crumpled tissue from her pocket and pressed it to her nose. “Sahm-chon!”

                “Neh?”

                Confirming that her uncle was indeed upstairs, she opened another door. It revealed a less dustier room, but the place itself was still relatively messy. There were worn cardboard boxes piled high and dust bunnies hiding in the corners. Slowly moving the tissue away from her face, she walked to her uncle in the middle of the room. “What are you doing up here?”

                K.Will smiled in triumph, grabbing a box and spilling out its contents. The girl twitched, knowing he made this big mess. “Remember when you and your mother came to visit me when you were little?” he asked, his hands rummaging around the pile of random stuff.

                “I came here when I was little?” she replied, picking up a fallen photo album. She wiped the cover in one swipe of her sweater. February 2002.

                “It was before the house was remodeled and I was just your average student teacher.” K.Will reached over and flipped the cover open.

                Seh Lyung’s face leaned in at the dusty looking photographs. Her face brightened up at the sight of her mother looking young and happy. K.Will’s photograph looked even younger and actually handsome, like a K-pop star. Finally, there was her in the middle. Mini Seh Lyung, clutching a porcelain doll in a Victorian dress.

                Her uncle swiftly grabbed the album out of her hands and replaced it with a doll. The same doll in the picture. “Emmeline!” Seh Lyung immediately recognized, running a finger over her yellowed dress. “I thought I left her when I took her camping.”

                Rubbing his arm, the man shook his head. “Nope, you left it here. I just never had the chance to give them to you at those Christmas parties.”

                Seh Lyung fiddled with Emmeline’s ebony hair, wanting to brush it like when she was younger. “But you never went to those Christmas parties anyway.” Seh Lyung said softly, still halfway in her own world.

                To cover up his flushed face, he lifted up an armful of boxes and put them by his niece’s feet. “I think Emmeline’s other clothes are in the other boxes.” He pulled down the sleeve of his green blazer to check his watch. “I gotta go. I have a webcam conference with the Duke of Sweeden. I’ll be in my study!”

                Before Seh Lyung could answer (or question if K.Will could understand Swedish) he left, striding back to the dusty hallway. She carried on like normal, opening the first box. She found an old Polaroid camera. Satisfied, she propped Emmeline against another box and pulled out the contraption. Dusting off the lens, she smiled. Pulling it away at arm’s length, she took a quick selca to see if it would work. Grey film popped from the top, and she set it out to dry.

                Youngmin, Kwangmin, and Hyunseong walked in unexpectedly from the doorway. Youngmin gave out a low whistle. “So this is what you find?”

                “It’s really dirty.” Kwangmin commented, kicking an old rag.

                Hyunseong picked up the album from before, flipping through the pages. “Omo! Look, it’s Seh Lyung and hyungnim!” he showed everyone a picture of their younger counterparts.

                “Whoa! So cute!’ Kwangmin marveled, forcefully snatching the album closer to him.

                Youngmin winked. “I bet if we were babies we would’ve been pretty darn cute.”

                But just as quickly as Hyunseong found it, he put it back to its rightful place. Coughing, he held the backs of the twins. “Let’s comeback later. We’re supposed to be doing laundry.”

                Kwangmin stubbornly crossed his arms. “But I’ll stay.”

                “You’re my dongseang,” Youngmin retorted. “I should stay!”

                Giving up, Hyunseong reached over and opted to snatching their wrists, dragging them downstairs. “Bye, Seh Lyungie!”

                She blinked, realizing she wasn’t able to even get one word in. Well, it was pretty normal, considering six animated guys were always running around the house. Shrugging, she opened up the next box, revealing a bunch of old clothes. Though not even five minutes later, two more people decided to visit the attic.

                Donghyun’s hands reached for one of her great grandmother’s hats. “Do I look pretty?” he joked, spinning around like he was some sort of debutant.

                They laughed, and Jeongmin picked up a pick wool scarf. He spun it diva-esque around his neck. “But I’m the flower boy, I’m always he prettiest~”

                Though the little moment was cut short when they had to leave as well, saying they were responsible for making lunch. Trying her luck one more time, Seh Lyung opened another cardboard box. She saw a wooden cover. Hurriedly, she dumped it out of the box, revealing a tiny clothing chest. “Yay!” smiling to herself, she flipped open the brass lock, finding all of Emmeline’s little doll clothes neatly folded. Apart from the layer of dust, everything under it seemed untouched. She dug her hand in and found a small plastic brush. As she brushed Emmeline’s hair, the door opened once again from behind her.

                “I was wondering why everyone was coming here,” Minwoo chirped, bouncing over. He sat next to Seh Lyung, in front of the wooden case. “What’s that?” he asked, pointing to the doll in her lap. “It’s a mini person?”

                Once its hair was back to its shine, Seh Lyung proudly held the doll out. “This, was my best friend. No Minwoo, meet Kane Emmeline.”

                Minwoo giggled, and shook the little plastic hand with an added bow. “Hello, Emmeline-sshi.” He reached into the chest and found a tiny velvet coat, enjoying the little role-play. “You should wear this, the weather’s cold these days.”

                “Did you just talk to her about the weather?” Seh Lyung laughed, slipping the little coat around her doll. “You better not try to flirt.” She taunted playfully.

                Quickly shaking his head Minwoo said with upmost seriousness, “Seh Lyung is the only girl I flirt with.”

                Turning her head away, she smiled sadly. Of course that wasn’t the case, ever since she kissed him he had pretty much forgotten about his short-lived relationship with Ji Eun. For some reason, he had no recollection of his relationship with Ji Eun, so she decided to not discuss it. Realizing something, she got up. “Minwoo-ah, can you help me find something?”

                “What is it?” he immediately started going through open boxes, though he had no idea what he was looking for.

                “Emmeline’s boyfriend.”

                The boy gasped. “I didn’t know dolls could be in relationships.” He looked down at the box he just opened. His eyes sparkled at the sight of another doll, and picked it up. “Is this it?”

                “Yeah!” Seh Lyung eagerly grabbed it from his hands. It was a male doll similar to Emmeline, with chestnut colored hair and wearing a navy military uniform. She sat the doll next to Emmeline, and she suddenly felt ten years younger. “His name is Jeremy.”

                “Jeremy and Emmeline.” Minwoo said, liking the ring to it.

                “My dad gave it to me a year after I got Emmeline.” Seh Lyung stacked up the boxes as she continued her story. “I never played with him as much as I did with Emmie, but I’d always make them go on dates together.” She laughed at her own memory. “I think I made a play wedding for them…”

                Minwoo’s eyes never strayed away from the two dolls. The way that Emmeline looked so much like Seh Lyung, and Jeremy resembled Minwoo. He couldn’t help feeling elated. The mere thought of being Seh Lyung’s girlfriend, or the idea of marrying her someday.

                “Well,” Seh Lyung locked up the clothing chest, reading to go back downstairs. “After over ten years of separation, they’ve reunited and can be together forever!”

                Reaching for her hand, Minwoo got to his feet. “Like us, right?” She couldn’t help the smile that crossed her features. But she knew that wasn’t the case. Would it even be possible for her to remain forever with Minwoo, much less all six boyfriends?

“I hope so.”

                Sensing her uneasiness, Minwoo pulled her closer and rested his head on her shoulder. “Please don’t be mad at me anymore.”

                Seh Lyung felt the familiar pang in her heart, and pushed him away. “I already told you, it’s my fault. I let all this stuff get to me and took it out on you.”

                “But—”

                She squeezed his arm, causing him to stop. “Let’s not talk about this anymore.”

                For her sake, he agreed. Minwoo tried hugging her again, the feeling of protection taking over. Seh Lyung didn’t need to know this, but Minwoo had grown more in the past month than she ever had thought. He learned that there were many more reasons to be a boyfriend, and how he shouldn’t just be cute and stay by her side. It wasn’t just the constant need to grab Seh Lyung’s attention anymore. “I love you.” He whispered truthfully.

                Those were three words she never expected to come from Minwoo’s mouth. She had to admit, it sounded kind of strange. He hugged her waist tighter, as if a sense of urgency compelled him to. Her heart was thumping and her legs were going numb, and her fingers dug mercilessly into his shoulder. It bothered her terribly, that she couldn’t help the fact. It was the fact that along with the rest of the Boyfriends, she just might love him too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Agenda of Today's Update:

  • Address the end of Boyfriend W Academy
  • Address plan for 100 subscribers
  • Address hope for a short Jeongmin story
  • Address recent upbringings on accusations of plagiarism

Boyfriend W Academy is over... that means my life is over. Gah, every Friday I looked forward after a hard day at school to watch my boys having fun on their show. Sadly. It's the end. AGH. Bittersweet ending, didn't get to hear Minwoo's English, I didn't really favor the Not One But Two music video, and I realized I really don't like the song Jum Jum Jum. Gah, I'm being negative today.

If I make 100 subscribers... I guess you guys have been lacking random drabbles lately. My 100th subscriber will get a bias one shot. Because my goal was to make 100 subscribers, and I didn't know this story would be so... not successful, but acclaimed. I hope I'm spelling this right.

I really want to do a short Jeongmin story based off my previous Valentine's one shot in chapter 31. It's probably under a working title "Black Noodle Shop" or something. Anyone recommend some good poster shops?

Lilmisschique: LOL I really laughed when you were all "Minwoo there's a fiyaaaaa." I can imagine someone saying that. And the thing was from ep 7 of Boyfriend's show~

Ranvadew: Yes, Jeongmin and Onew are ah-maz-inggggg. Oh, you're worried about Ji Eun? Well, I guess you'll have to wait...

ELFyourface: I was just laughing at the Weekly Idol segment of Teen Top and you know, the old Block B controversey.

minwoo: I hope you enjoyed the little Minwoo moment in the chapter :) It was kind of a filler to give him some spotlight after so many chapters.

Youngmin4eva: Don't worry, I do too :)

As you can see, I really didn't address or reply to the comments regarding the plagiarism, and don't take that personally. I really want to thank everyone though, because it was my first time happening (like really being reported to the author) and it freaked me out BIG TIME. But especially to the usernames I did not recongize (forgive me!) I was really thankful you guys were talking to me about it, it made me feel a lot better. THANK YOU < 3

A big thank you (though this person probably won't be reading this) RainTRX for notifying me about it. And just to make sure I have defense, I'll be keeping a printscreen of the author's comment on the matter of My Boyfriends on this chapter, just in case I have to go to court of something, ahah~

Oh, and don't worry about the person who called me a . I really don't know what to tell this guy, so I'm just going to keep updating and see if s/he reports me or gets pissed off again. Also because I'm scared to confront this person.

AND CONGRATS ON K.WILL'S WIN<3

Anyways, Absolute Boyfriend is back on track!

~Camille