Hyunseong's Classmate

Absolute Boyfriend

                “Here.” Seh Lyung started waving a piece of paper in Donghyun’s face.

                “What’s this?” He asked, grabbing it. “You finished typing your pen pal letter already? It isn’t due until tomorrow.” Regardless, he put it away in his briefcase anyway. “When did you type it?”

                “Computer lab,” she said shortly. She sort of felt awkward being alone in the classroom with her teacher, or her boyfriend, whatever. But she tried to look cool about it and pretended like it was no big deal. “I want a reply fast.” She admitted. “The girl I got sounds interesting.”

                “So I’ve heard. According to Jeongmin she’s pretty popular.”

                At the moment, Hyunseong appeared, running at full speed. He wasn’t going to break a sweat either, he looked totally fit as he slipped off his blazer, his small muscles protruding from his uniform shirt. “Where’d Jeongmin go? He was just behind me…” he muttered, looking behind him. “And what about Minwoo?”

                “Jeongmin and Minwoo are going to clean the house for the weekend,” Donghyun clarified. “But I’m not too sure to why Seh Lyung wants to go to the mall, why is that?”

                Seh Lyung fiddled with the collar of her blazer. “I just want to buy you guys some night clothes, since it seems like the only kind of clothing you don’t own…” But yet, they own designer varsity jackets, leather shoes… “And if we’re supposed to have an authentic… human…. sleepover, we have to make it as real as possible.”

                Donghyun nodded briskly. “That’s a good idea. Let’s go.”

                Hyunseong came closer to Seh Lyung as they walked down the hall. “Would you like me to hold your backpack?”

                “No thanks.”

                He faltered, not expecting that answer, but gave her a half-hearted smile. “Oh, alright.”

                Once they boarded the bus outside, Seh Lyung immediately called for the window seat, in which Donghyun and Hyunseong exchanged glances to who would take the seat next to her. Donghyun rolled his eyes, and sat down next to Seh Lyung. “You have to be more assertive.” He mouthed.

                Hyunseong sighed, and slumped in his seat. He was the shy boyfriend, always wanted more but never put it out.

                “I kind of just want to buy pajamas,” Seh Lyung said, tracing circles on the glass window. “I guess we could get them from any street vendor, but I haven’t been to the mall here and I’ve heard it’s pretty.”

                Hyunseong nodded. “Then we’re happy to share this first experience with you, girlfriend.”

                “You just killed the mood.” She stated flatly, not missing a beat. To her, Hyunseong’s comment was a little strange.

                Donghyun thoughtfully patted Hyunseong’s back. “Don’t be so hard on him, Seh Lyungie.”

                She sighed. “Sorry.”

                “Forgiven!” Hyunseong said, smiling widely.

                “Why are you guys so easy to forgive?” she asked. “I could rob a bank and you’d forgive me—no, you’d probably help me, and we’d get away with it.”

                “Perfect boyfriends under any circumstances will forgive their girlfriends.” Donghyun said.

There was a sleeping couple in front leaning on eachother’s shoulders, and Seh Lyung wondered if they missed their stop. She looked over to the guy sitting next to her, Donghyun. She looked over to his shoulder, and imagined her head on it, just like that couple. She just wanted to test it out. Slowly, she leaned in and placed her head over his shoulder.

                It was, uncomfortable at first, considering how stiff she was in the first place. She felt Donghyun become encouraging and place his arm around her. Big mistake! Now she was getting all touchy with Donghyun, in public, and next to Hyunseong! Good job.

                “Are you tired, Seh Lyungie?” Donghyun asked quietly.

                “Mm.” she wasn’t tired, she was just being experimental. Of course, scientist genes.

                She eventually relaxed, and started enjoying the scent (was it real or artificial?) of Donghyun, and the rest of the ride was relatively tranquil.

                Hyunseong was the first person to enter the mall, and kindly opened the door for Seh Lyung, who was too embarrassed to even look at him.

                She quickly ran over to a random store, and started picking out packages of pajama bottoms. Donghyun and Hyunseong were quickly by her side, their arms open to hold anything she wanted to buy.

                “What’s Minwoo’s favorite color?” she asked.

                “What’s your favorite color?” Donghyun retorted.

                Seh Lyung shook her head, realizing that they’d like whatever she liked. So she picked out a red pair of flannel and gave it to Donghyun. She then gave a bluish color for Jeongmin. “You two can pick what you like.” And she held out a green pair and a yellow pair.

                “Those are fine.” Donghyun said, and proceeded to the cash register. “I think I’ll pay.”

                “No, it’s okay!” Seh Lyung came rushing up with a few bills. “I’ll pay for it,” she reasoned to the cashier.

                The cashier shook her head. “Your boyfriend already gave me his card.”

                Deflated, she slumped over to the side with Hyunseong, embarrassed to be referred as Donghyun’s girlfriend. She reached in her bag for her water bottle, but found it empty. She frowned. “Is there a coffee shop here?” she asked, looking around.

                Hyunseong glanced at her, his face etched with hurt, and it looked like he wanted to say something. But instead he turned the other side, and walked away.

                “Huh?” Seh Lyung watched his retreating figure, walking at a very fast pace. “Hyunseong? Hyunseong!” She noticed all the people in the store staring at her, and she quickly bowed. “Sorry, sorry.”

                “What happened?” Donghyun asked, walking out of the store with their bags.

                “I asked Hyunseong if there was a coffee shop… and he just ran off.”

                “Well is he planning to get you coffee?”

                Seh Lyung shrugged. “Maybe… but I didn’t like his facial expression.”

                Donghyun nodded. “Ah. I know. Question 401.”

                “Huh?”

                She felt that probably all the gears were turning in Donghyun’s brain. “401. The ideal boyfriend is—you answered ‘A little jealous.’”

                “What?”

                Donghyun chuckled, and patted Seh Lyung’s head. “The application test you took. Hyunseong is jealous because of what you did on the bus.”

                “Seriously?”

                “It’s what you wanted.” Donghyun said simply. “Of course, that can always change. It’s all in our adapters.”

                “This is just weird.” Stupid robot boyfriends. Now it’s all of a sudden her fault that he’s like this. “Let’s just go find him.”

                “I know where he is.” Donghyun said. “We have another program that pinpoints the exact location of Jeongmin, Minwoo, Hyunseong, and me.” They started going around the mall, more specifically the food court. “He isn’t alone,” he stated, standing still.

                Does it matter who he’s with? Maybe he’s with the coffee guy.

                It was until they finally caught up to him… and her.

                She was very pretty, in fact, beautiful. The girl next to Hyunseong was petite and adorable. She had soft brown hair tied into cute pigtails, and wore the same uniform as Seh Lyung and Hyunseong. Her eyes just seemed to shine. But she quickly left, and didn’t even notice her and Donghyun.

                Hyunseong quickly scrambled over and gave a paper cup to Seh Lyung. Hesitant, she took a careful sip from it. Hot chocolate. Her smile widened as she let the creamy drink roll in her tongue. “Thank you, Hyunseong-oppa.”

                 “Y-you called me O-ppa…” he garbled out, in disbelief. “Am I your oppa?”

                “Would you prefer sunbae?”

                “No! Oppa is nice.” He said bashfully with a smile.

                When they finally got home, they were greeted by Minwoo and Jeongmin, who both had small pink aprons around their bodies. The house was spotless thanks to them, and they were ready for the sleepover this weekend. Now it was relaxing time. The students were all on the couch, doing their homework, and Donghyun was busy grading papers. The three boyfriends probably knew all the answers to their assignments, and were taking their time writing them down to match Seh Lyung’s speed.

                “Hyunseong-oppa…” Seh Lyung said, causing him to perk his head up instantly upon call. “Who was that girl with you at the mall? I’m curious…”

                “Girl?” Minwoo asked, questionable.

                “You’re hanging out with other girls?” Jeongmin bursted, shocked. “This is why you should only call me oppa, Seh Lyungie~”

                “She was just a friend… you don’t have to worry.” Hyunseong said, embarrassed.

                “Oh, I know.” Seh Lyung shrugged. “I just want to know her name.”

                “She’s in my class… Lee Ji Eun.”

                Seh Lyung dropped her pencil, and Donghyun waited for her to scream. “What!? She’s IU! No way! She passed right by me and I didn’t even know!” she slumped in her couch, ready to whine. “No fair… my new friend was right next to me and I didn’t even know…”

~~~~~~~

Hi... hehe. I waited until the clock stuck 12, so it wouldn't look like I updated yesterday. Good morning!

Hello new subscribers! Who's your boyfriend bias? Hehe~