My Heart's On Fire

Absolute Boyfriend

                This was it. Seh Lyung looked to Youngmin, whose deep brown eyes were pleading her to move forward. She nodded, feeling the sudden burst of confidence seeping under her skin.  Back straight and chin high, she walked over to Minwoo’s table, and sat in Ji Eun’s spot. But her smile faltered as she stared at him. Her face pale, she took in his appearance, which today looked more handsome than cute. That was going to be a definite distraction. With a hard swallow, she cleared . “Hi, uhm. Do you remember me?”

                In the span of three seconds, No Minwoo went from up to down. “Yeah, and I told you to stay away from me.”

                Disregarding the little stab in her heart, Seh Lyung forced a smile and leaned her face in. “Minwoo, listen to me. There is a really big problem and we have to go, now.”

                He shook his head, his expression firm. “There is no problem. Minwoo is happy because he is on a date with the most beautiful girl in the world, Lee Ji Eun. I cannot leave.”

                Seh Lyung wasted no time to get up and try to kiss Minwoo. She jumped out of her seat and puckered her lips, trying to do this quickly. But Minwoo was quicker, and slapped a hand over her face, pushing her back. “Minwoo if you don’t break up with Ji Eun-unnie you’ll be in trouble!” she cried, her voice stifled.

                “Leave me alone!” that got the attention of all the people in the restaurant, who were obviously annoyed by Seh Lyung. In turn she blushed, feeling sorry for herself. The only plus side was that the embarrassment was short lived. 

                From across the restaurant, Donghyun’s eyes peered over the newspaper he used to cover his face with, and noticed a particular worker. It was by the heating appliances.  She seemed pretty clumsy with using the grill. If she didn’t move the container of grease away from the grill soon enough, it could drop and catch on fire.

 Until he realized what the outcome would be, it was too late to stop anything. He slapped down his newspaper and got to his feet, at the same time everyone else did.

                Grease fire. In a matter of seconds the grill went ablaze, causing the cook to fall back and cry for her face burns. Workers scrambled out of the small kitchen as fast as possible, and by then almost half the kitchen was on fire. The alarm ringed. For some reason the sprinklers had failed to go off properly and reduced to a slight mist, not enough to destroy a fire. The extinguisher was burned to charcoal.  Everyone was in a flurry of fear as they headed to the nearest exits, almost causing a stampede.

                The black smoke was painting a blanket over their heads, and the restaurant was ready to meet its doom. Donghyun scrambled to Minwoo’s table, Youngmin and Kwangmin following. “No Minwoo, we have to go!”

                Youngmin and Kwangmin tried to pry Minwoo away from his seat, but he wouldn’t budge, and almost threatened to hit them. With their combined strength, they managed to pull off the back off Minwoo’s chair, but not Minwoo. “Minwoo, this is serious!” Kwangmin exclaimed, waving his hands around the burning building. “Do you not understand? This place is on fire!”

                Stubborn as ever, Minwoo shook his head. “Ji Eun told me to stay right in this spot. I’m not going anywhere until she comes back and says so.” This surely revealed the detrimental reasons of having such a dependable boyfriend, one who obeys every word his girlfriend says.

                “Like hell that IU-noona’s coming back!” Youngmin barked, shaking his friend’s shoulders. “You’re crazy if you think she will!”

                Jeongmin and Hyunseong scrambled inside, ignoring the protests of screaming civilians to not be a hero and try saving the place. “What are you guys still doing here!?” Jeongmin hissed, trying to pull Minwoo off his chair like the twins had tried doing before. “Minwoo—get off!”

                “Minwoo won’t leave until Lee Ji Eun comes.” Donghyun muttered, his teeth gritted together.

                In such a situation, Jeongmin still found the need to laugh. His voice laced with sarcasm he said, “Oh, sure! Why don’t we just call Ji Eun inside and let her choke from smoke inhalation! What a perfect idea, simply perfect!”

                “Omo, the smoke!” Hyunseong suddenly realized, grabbing a handkerchief from his pocket and pressing it Seh Lyung’s lips, who seemed to be holding her breath for a really long period.

                They were cinched for time, and the place was almost completely on fire. “Why can’t we just put the fire out!” Youngmin said, his voice trying to overpower the loud fire alarm. But he could guess in his head that the firemen wouldn’t get here on time.

                Donghyun shook his head. “No use. We can only withstand the temperature of 400 degrees Celsius, the temperature of fire.” He looked to Youngmin and Kwangmin. “We gotta get the dongseangs out. Hurry up!”

                Shocked, Hyunseong reluctantly pulled away from Seh Lyung and grabbed Youngmin and Kwangmin by the arms, disregarding their kicks and gripes. “But what about Seh Lyung?” he asked, almost out the door, with the twins.

                “Take her with you!”

                “No!” followed by a rough cough, Seh Lyung managed to get herself together. “We need to save Minwoo too!”

                “But you’re our girlfriend!” Jeongmin tried pulling Seh Lyung away too, but she clung to the table. He sighed, knowing it was useless. He ran his hands through his hair. He looked at the flames, which flicked against the cash registers, blowing them up. He winced, picturing himself in the same situation. “We’re going to be short circuited in less than two and a half minutes. Dammit, if you’re going to do something then do it now!”

                “Help me hold down Minwoo!”

                Donghyun and Jeongmin circled around Minwoo quickly. Donghyun pressed his palms over his ears while Jeongmin covered his eyes. “Hurry, kiss him now!”

                “What!?” Minwoo, feeling betrayed, couldn’t writhe with the sharp grip of two senior robots.

                Seh Lyung ripped the handkerchief off her lips. In the spur of the moment she accidentally took a breath, and coughed so hard hurt. She felt like little needles were pricking inside . Her whole body was hot and she was weaker than an earthworm. But she looked to Minwoo and the guys, knowing they were all doing this for her. Crawling on top of the table, she braced herself. Giving her final breath, she pressed her lips to Minwoo’s, praying for a miracle. After five seconds, she couldn’t hold it in anymore and fell over, her body exhausted.

                “It’s done.” Donghyun said breathlessly, tugging on Jeongmin’s arm. “Let’s get out of here.”

                And just like that, Minwoo’s mind clicked once again. He took in the flaming room and his girlfriend, lying on the floor. Immediately, he scooped her in his arms despite his skinny frame, and made a dash outside, leaving Donghyun and Jeongmin in tow.

                Outside, Hyunseong’s arms were full, trying to ensure that Youngmin and Kwangmin wouldn’t try coming back inside. He frowned, realizing they were taking so long. Hyunseong’s insides felt like they were going to burn up, but he had to make sure the twins were safe, because that’s what his hyung insisted. But he was supposed to get Seh Lyung out too, he wondered if she was okay. “Guys!” four figures appeared from the thick cloud of smoke, and everyone rushed to them.

                Especially Minwoo, who looked like the hero. He stepped out of the restaurant, cradling Seh Lyung protectively in his arms. Donghyun and Jeongmin continued to flank his sides, until the twins came running over and bombarded them with questions. The crowd of civilians gasped, marveling on how such a scrawny looking boy like Minwoo could save someone. Minwoo got on both knees, and let Seh Lyung’s legs rest on the concrete. He looked at her face, which was slightly grey from dust. He wiped a bit off and patted her face. “Seh Lyung-ah, wake up~”

                Everyone went silent, patiently waiting for his sleeping beauty to wake up. Slowly, her eyelashes fluttered together, and she slowly opened her eyes. No one had moved a single muscle. She coughed, noticing that someone was holding her. She looked up to the smiling face of Minwoo. Was it a dream? “Who are you?” she asked, her voice raspy.

                Minwoo chuckled, and ran a hand through her hair to remove some fallen debris. “I’m your boyfriend, No Minwoo.”

                Her eyes widened, it was really Minwoo? Had the kiss worked? Going into a sitting position, she got up and threw her arms around Minwoo’s neck, almost pulling him down. “You’re alive!” she gasped, suddenly feeling better.

                The crowd clapped and awe’d at the touching scene. Seh Lyung noticed that they had an audience and hid her face in the crook of Minwoo’s neck. The boy smiled at her embarrassment, finding it cute. “Let’s go home.” He said, taking her hand and leading her away.

                “This is going to be all over the news.” Donghyun groaned, knowing that K.Will would find out eventually.

                Thoughtful, Hyunseong patted him on the shoulder. They were about to follow Minwoo and Seh Lyung home when they suddenly realized. Hyunseong whispered in Donghyun’s ear, “Where’s Ji Eun?”

                He shrugged, putting his hands in his pockets. “Not here.”

```

                Hand in hand, Seh Lyung trailed down the stairs with Minwoo happily by her side. Everyone smiled knowing how happy she was. Everything had returned to normal. Both their faces have wide grins on their faces, stealing glances at each other.

                Jeongmin looked at them expectantly. “What now?”

                Minwoo let go of Seh Lyung’s hand, and let her go to the five guys. She took a deep breath, knowing that she had a lot to say. “I know I’m always being so reluctant about things, and sometimes I could be a brat.” She held her head down and turned red. “But I really want to thank you guys. In the future I’ll learn how to appreciate you more, because right now I owe you my life. I’ve never had friends, or boyfriends like this before.”

                She went over to each boyfriend and kissed them on their cheek. Even to Youngmin and Kwangmin, who seemed like new members of the family. At that moment, everything just seemed like a new adventure. They were starting off fresh.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Excuse me for making this chapter really cheesy. Does anyone know where this chapter is inspired from???

AND ALSO, NOTE ON THE LAST CHAPTER THAT I FORGOT ABOUT. Seriously, the only reason why I made that Onew-Jeongmin reference is because other people think they look alike. Really, I mean they have similarities, but everything else is just -----.

Minwoo watches . And Donghyun-umma found out. And then Donghyun-umma found out that Hyunseong-appa does too. Then the end.

Wut. 

Sorry, I was very interested in Boyfriend W Academy last night. I mean, DID YOU SEE JEONGMIN ON STAGE. Especially in the beginning he was like "Screw being in the audience, I'm going to show off to the bestfriends and hyungs." and he started b-boying on the stage XD I don't now if that was scripted or not, but that was pretty damn cool.

What else happened this week... well... Tintaptinatapblockbofcoursecontreversydon'ttouchmygirl. 

Oh, and Not One But Two music video? Hoh dang. They should upload that on starshipTV so it get tons of views like yeah~ but seriously as I watched the preview of them filming, it looked like a Big Time Rush music video o_o

minwoo: Minwoo's back :) For good.

Minkwang_: Everything is fine now, right?

TabzzVee: There's one thing I have to argue about. It's taken me so long to distinguish Jeongmin's voice. Really, I think Onew's just very unique, and no one can be the same as Onew. My opinion though /shrug.

ELFyourface: I feel bad now. A long time ago I think I told off someone for saying Jeongmin is Onew's twin >.<

Ranvadew: Thanks~ I'm not really good with plot twists anyway, I just do the story and sleep. I hope Jinki and Jeongmin is just coincidence, sometimes it bugs me when they say they're the same.

pipoomica: Hehe~ ahh, but I have to say I'm Taemin biased in SHINee~

Lilmisschique: Really? I'd like to see you try :) That would be interesting. We could have a debate on how you say how much Onew/Jeongmin are alike and I can rebuttal with how they don't.

Geez, I'm soo0o0o0o tired.

~Camille