Swallow and Admit

Absolute Boyfriend

                “Kim Seh Lyung!” oh, how much her mother loved to address her by her full name. Inshi held her daughter by the arm, restless. It was early in the morning; she wasn’t ready to deal with her handful of a daughter first thing. “Kim Seh Lyung if you spill the medicine you’ll ruin your uniform and you’ll pay back every single drop!”

                “Umma!” she pushed her mother away, trying to evade her attempts. “I don’t wanna!”

                “Really, stop acting like a little kid.” Inshi released her grip, slumping against the kitchen able. She slapped the small plastic cup down on the marble counter.

                The cup was filled to the brim with brown caramel syrup, only it didn’t taste how it looked. Seh Lyung squirmed uncomfortably in her chair, refusing to anticipate the disgusting liquid. “C’mon, Umma. I’m almost sixteen, I don’t need supplementary medicine.”

                “But the label says that you’re supposed to take this until you reach adult hood.” To accentuate her point she read over the medicine’s label again. “Take after sleep without food. Renew until 20.”

                “At least let me drink it on my own.” Seh Lyung pouted, trying to stop her mother from forcing it on her again.

                For a second Inshi didn’t believe her, her dark eyes shifty. But tired of playing the game, she gave a nod. “Fine, but you better drink all of that.” She inched the medicine cup closer to Seh Lyung’s hand. “It’s too early to argue, I’ll see you after school.” She said, going to the second floor.

                “Love you!” Seh Lyung exclaimed up the stairs, a little happier that she didn’t have to bother arguing with her mother again. But the scowl soon returned to her lips as she returned to the kitchen, glaring at the bottle of medicine. Time for revenge. She swept the putrid medicine in her grasp, going to the sink. She tilted the bottle ever so slightly.

                Until Hyunseong grabbed her wrist. But Seh Lyung didn’t realize who it was, and opened to scream.“AH—”A hand immediately covered , almost making her drop the bottle of medicine. In Seh Lyung’s mindset, there was definitely a behind her. She tried moving, but this guy was way too big to move a centimeter.

                “Please—don’t scream.” The phrase was labored and a little frightened. Hyunseong felt Seh Lyung relax at the sound of his voice, and immediately backed away. Seh Lyung turned around with wide eyes. He put a finger to his lips, signaling if her mother found out of his presence they’d both be dead.

                “How did you get here?” Seh Lyung whispered, and only then could she notice the draft. Her free hand moved to her bare arm, turning to the kitchen backdoor that led to the yard.

                Hyunseong softly shut the door, the sunlight peeking out from the window reflected against his shiny brown hair. “Sorry, uh. I just wanted to see if you had breakfast. ” He held up a small pink lunchbox. It was generous of him to still pack her food when they temporarily weren’t living together. He gestured to the medicine container in the girl’s hands. “What’s that?”

                “I thought you guys could hear from next door,” Seh Lyung said lightly. “Don’t you have super hearing?”

                Biting the inside of his cheek, Hyunseong forced himself to nod. “Yeah, uh. I just wasn’t paying attention. He couldn’t tell Seh Lyung that he had lost most of his powers, like detection, hearing, and a bit of his strength. Maybe it would come back. But he knew for sure he couldn’t tell Seh Lyung his problem now, at least not yet.

                “It’s just some really awful tasting medicine.” Seh Lyung stuck her tongue out.

                 “You’re sick again?” Hyunseong asked, instantly worried.

                “No. It’s like children’s medicine.  I really don’t need it.”

                “Oh.” Though his eyes continued to linger on the brown bottle. Finally, he grabbed the bottle from her hands, spinning it around in his. “But I think you should take it. If it’s good for you.” He started pouring the liquid in a spoon, measuring it out.

                “You’ve got to be kidding.” Seh Lyung shook her head. “I really don’t need it.”

                “If it makes you feel better, one time Donghyun-hyung drank soy sauce thinking it was coke. And he survived.”  Then he remembered how Minwoo threw up after he drank it. Hyunseong pushed the spoon closer to Seh Lyung’s lips. “So if your doctor says you should you should.”

                Seh Lyung shifted away. “I swear, if you don’t—”

                Hyunseong shut his eyes, forcing the spoon into Seh Lyung’s mouth. It was easier to do without warning. Just as soon as he did, he pulled the spoon out, letting it clatter against the table. “There,” he said, his hands free. “Was that so hard?”

                Seh Lyung’s eyes were watering, and her cheeks puffed out, red like a clown’s nose. She couldn’t fathom the texture, it was like the sticky feeling of having your thighs stuck to your chair on a hot day and combined with the scent of the boys’ locker room. If it weren’t for Hyunseong’s presence she would’ve spit it out already. Forcing herself to swallow the putrid medicine, she found that it only made it worse.

                “W-water!” she gasped, and Hyunseong speedily whipped out a bottle for her, cap already open. She greedily took it from his hands and drank half the bottle. But the aftertaste still wouldn’t fade. “Agh, it tastes so bad! What do I do!?”

                At a loss for words, Hyunseong started to panic. What could he do?  As the worried boyfriend he was, everything was going so quickly. He stood up, the chair falling helplessly to its doom and crashed against the floor. It sounded so loud against the quiet house. Strike one, he’d never let himself be unnecessarily brash. Reaching over to the distracted Seh Lyung, he stopped her whining by cupping her cheeks with his hands. Strike two, he’d never be so forward like now.

                And strike three, he’d never imagine he’d be the one kissing Seh Lyung.

                It was far sweeter and curable than any medicine Seh Lyung was ever prescribed. And it was weird, not that she didn’t like it—trust her that she definitely did—but she never expected it. She supposed that’s what made it so special. Especially to the joy that Hyunseong broke away from his shy shell.

                Hyunseong pulled away, breathless. Seh Lyung couldn’t help but giggle at his expression. Hyunseong noticed it and gave a sheepish smile, looking at his feet. He extended his hand. “Everyone’s waiting for us at school. Let’s go?”

                Now, the only taste Seh Lyung could notice was his lips.

                At school, Seh Lyung could feel everyone staring at her. Even when she looked around and they were simply looking the other way, she had a feeling that when she turned her head they’d revert back to looking at her. The question was, why? It was like first day of school butterflies once again, only this time it was more innerving than nervousness.

                “Guys!” Jeongmin bounced out of nowhere, running in circles. “You will not believe what just happened now!”

                “What?” Hyunseong asked, a tad annoyed he was making a little scene in the halls.

                “So you know how like every day freaking Se Young always tries to flirt with me and whatever?” Jeongmin was getting way too caught up in his little talk. “And today, she ignored me!”

                “And you don’t find that strange?” glowered Hyunseong, crossing his arms. “She’s been after you since the first day of school, and you think she’ll just give up all of a sudden?”

                “Why not?” Jeongmin’s eyes were large and confused at Hyunseong’s serious demeanor. “I thought this day would never come, I’m just lucky enough that it happened.”

                At that moment, Ji Eun appeared from the corner. She clutched her books so hard and tight against her chest that her knuckles were whiter than usual. Her head was held high, as walked down the hall. Trails of guys were behind her, tripping over each other as they fought to make the first move. She made brief eye contact with Seh Lyung, whose mouth was open in confusion.

                Ji Eun brushed her off like a bug, turning her head away and walking faster.

                Seh Lyung’s heart dropped, and not in the mushy-gushy romantic one-sided way. It was the feeling of losing a friend. A real one. Was it real? What had just happened?

                Ignoring Jeongmin and Hyunseong’s calls for her, she sped off down the hall, going into the third-year classrooms. Huffing, she slammed her hand on a locker, looking intently at the locker’s owner.

                “Kim Seh Lyung.” Se Young addressed curtly, adjusting the strap of her leather purse. For once, Se Young looked normal, if not passive. It was strange; usually she was off with Jeongmin like a leech. Her eyes shifted around the room, trying to ward off anyone staring. “What do you want?”

                She was Ji Eun’s best friend. Seh Lyung could imagine that Se Young had some idea of what was going on. “Sunbae,” she breathed, never imagining she’d turn to her for help with such a kind girl like Ji Eun. “Tell me, because I have no idea. Does Ji Eun hate me, or something?”

                “I wouldn’t know. I haven’t spoken to Ji Eun since she and Minwoo broke up.” Se Young’s eyes looked away, as if she didn’t want to be the breaker of things. She was the epitome of gossipers, but she didn’t want to speak this time around. “But lately, it’s rumors. But there’s been… speculations.”

                “Like what?” Seh Lyung wanted to know why Ji Eun and Se Young haven’t been speaking, but decided to save it for later.

                “You’ve been awfully close with all the boys you hang out with. Kwangmin, Youngmin, Minwoo, Jeongmin and Hyunseong-oppa.” It was strange how Se Young didn’t seem jealous or energetic at the mention of their names. “Wouldn’t you think it’s a little strange, for someone else to see that image?”

                Of course, Seh Lyung knew it was strange. “So basically,” she swallowed, finding this taste far more bitter than the medicine this morning, “they think I’m a… a—”

                “?” Se Young finished crisply. She watched the poor girl’s face fall, Se Young gulped, but nodded. “And people also believe it has some connection to your teacher.”

                “Teacher?” how could this possibly have anything to do with Donghyun?

                “More rumors. They think he’s having teacher-student relations with you.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

hoh dang. nuff said.

RinaSeungMin: Oh well, until the day I see it I won't believe it >.<

Lilmisschique: Taemin's hair, gah. Anyway, I really wanna learn Korean so all the funny stuff actually makes sense to me >.< I was looking at M.I.B. Academy today, agh. That teacher...

-oppa-: Happy birthday in a little over a month! Ahaha.

bluedragon: Don't worry, I'm busy too >.< APUSH is terrible to keep up. That's why I'm always late with the updates.

pipoomica: I never thought they'd take the medicine thing so seriously, hehe. Now I feel bad for scaring everyone when it was just children's medicine.

ringgoB: The sweater scene was my favorite! Partly because I'm biased, but d'aww so cute. I used to do it all the time to my grandma XD

ELFyourface: I miss BWA so much, that's why there's always references in my story~

Youngmin4eva: Jeongmin is such a cutie, so dramatic :) And I don't think it's strange, my mother bases everything on looks. Or maybe I'm just used to it.

Andwea97: There's always that quality of Seh Lyung's mother that has to annoy you, that's why I put her in, I couldn't have the Boyfriends and Seh Lyung happy forever!

FORTY CHAPTERSSS. THANKS FOR STAYINGG <3

Did anyone cry watching the last Ep of Hello Baby MBLAQ? No? K.

Also, I hope I can get a chance to update more. I'm usually 6-8 chapters ahead of made and have them stored on my computer, but I'm so drawn up in APUSH that I'm dying to keep my head above the water. I used to be so annoyed how people on AFF would put their stories on hold because "they have school." I used to think "School is so easy what are you talking about?" now I regret what I said. I feel your pain.

I must keep my #18th rank and keep my Boyfriend story updated!

~Camille