Ch.3

My Keeper

So Young's POV

 

I couldn't move, I couldn't breathe, and I could only hear his voice and see my life pass me by. I wanted to run but my feet wouldn't move, I want to scream but my lungs had no air, I closed my eyes so that I would only feel the pain and not see it. It was coming. It was closer and then I felt it, it was less painful then what I imagine it would be. When I open my eyes, I saw whole different story.

Changmin's POV

Run faster, Changmin, Run faster, Changmin. It was as if someone was cheering me on, as if someone wanted me to prove my love to her, to show that I do care but why in such a dangerous way. I had to save her, if she die, I would die with her, I scream her name over and over again but she didn't hear me because she didn't move, she just stood there with her eyes closed waiting for the truck to hit her. I stretched my hand out so I could reach her and with a harsh pull, she was on top of me and I was breathing again.

So Young's POV

When I opened my eyes, I saw a chest that was breathing in and out at a rapid speed and as my vision went up I saw him, his eyes were closed, his face was ghostly pale and he was trying to control his breathing. I started to look around, people were gathering, I try to get up when he said:

Changmin: “No, let’s stay like a little bit longer".

His words startle me as he held me tighter, I held on to his chest as I started crying. I didn't know if I was crying because I almost died or because I was in the arms of the man I loved with all my heart.

Changmin: "So Young, don't cry, nothing happened to you, you're safe now"

So Young: "I'm....I'm....I'm just a bbbit startle, I...I ddidn't see it...cccoming"

Changmin: slowing getting up “Don’t worry about it, nothing happened that’s what really matter"

So Young: I started to get up too "Thank you, Changmin, You could have gotten..."

I stopped what I was saying when I noticed he was bleeding, he was bleeding from his arm, he turn to look at what I was looking at and then back at me.

Changmin: "It's nothing, don't worry"

So Young: "Changmin, how can you say it nothing, you're bleeding!"

Changmin: "it’s okay, I'm fine it’s just a small cut".

So Young: "Small? Your whole arm is bleeding and it's my fault".

Changmin: “It’s okay; it doesn't even hurt and let's get you home."

So Young: "Fine but I'm driving".

I took the keys from his hands as he lead the way to his dark navy blue car, I started think about how I could have died without telling him how much I love him, as if he was thinking the same thing, he turn to look at me and said:

Changmin: “Yoochun would have killed me if something happen to you."

So Young: "And I would never forgive myself if something happen to you because of me."

Changmin: "It's not your fault, I decide to save you".

So Young: "Why did you?"

He was taken back by my question, instead of answering me he just continues to walk.

So Young: "Changmin, why did you?"

There was no answer, he just continues to walk, I wanted to know why, and I need to know why.

So Young: "Changmin, answer me."

Changmin: "Here's the car and I save you because...because..."

So Young: "Because what?”

I wanted him to say because he loves me and he couldn't live without me but I knew that he didn't.

Changmin: he sighs and said “Because I need to be on your mother's good side and your Yoochun's sister."

So Young: "Oh, of course how stupid of me, I should have known."

Changmin: "Yeah, I need your mother to sign some paperwork for the new project; I doubt that having saved her only daughter, she will say no."

I didn't know whether to start crying or be angry. He had used me to get on my mother's good graces, he showed me one more time that he didn't care yet I still love him. I turned around, head to the driver seat, I got in and wait for him to get in and moved the car towards my mother's home.

~~~~~~-~~~~~~-~~~~~~-~~~~~~-~~~~~~-~~~~~~-~~~~~~-~~~~~~-~~~~~~-~~~~~~-~~~~~~-~~~~~~-~~~~~~-~~~~~~-~~

So Young’s Pov

We drove up to my mother's home and I got out, slam the door and head towards the house, I was met by Yoochun.

Yoochun: " Hey little one, why are you all wet and dirty?"

So Young: "Ask Changmin".

Yoochun gave me a "you did what with whom" face; I couldn't help but start laughing

So Young: laughing “No Yoochun, I didn't sleep with Changmin."

Changmin: “Yoochun, you have a very dirty mind."

I stop laughing and turn to Changmin.

So Young: “Thank you, I'll ask the maid to get something for your cut and I think Yoochun might have some clothes that fits you."

Yoochun: "Cut? What cut?"

I pointed at Changmin's arm and Yoochun's eyes open wide.

Yoochun: "What happened?"

Before Changmin could answer, I told him what happened and left without any word. As I enter the house, my mother greeted me

Mrs. Park: "Oh my, So Young, what happen?

So Young: "Nothing, I forgot my umbrella and it's pouring outside."

Mrs. Park: “Oh well go get clean so we can have dinner, Yoohwan's back."

So Young: "Really? I can't wait to see him."

After dinner, Yoochun walked Changmin out the door, Yoohwan went to bed, my mother and grandpa went into his study and I sat by the window, looking at the stars when Yoochun came in.

Yoochun: "Are you really okay?"

So Young: "Yea, I'm fine."

Yoochun: "I don't mean on the outside, So Young but in here." He pointed to his chest.

So Young: heavy sighing "It's broken but I'll heal."

Yoochun: "You still love him?"

I and my brother shared the same pain, I love Changmin and he loved her, and we both got hurt

So Young: "Did you forgive and forget Dae Hae?"

My brother's face became serious and cold and his eyes filled with the pain and emptiness he felt.

Yoochun: "She left, she broke her promise."

So Young: "You have to move on, Yoochun."

Yoochun: "How can I? How can I? She was everything to me, she was my life, she was my happiness, and she was my future."

I was about to speak when my phone rang, I looked at the screen and it was my best writer:

So Young: "Hi Min Young"

Min Young: through the phone “Hey So Young, I just got an email that my book is going out soon."

So Young: "Oh I forgot to call you, so many things happen today, let's meet up for coffee tomorrow."

Min Young: on the phone “Okay, I'll see at the coffee shop next to your office, bye"

So Young: "Bye Min Young."

Yoochun: "Who was that?"

So Young:" Only one of my best writers, Min Young"

Yoochun: confused "Min Young? I have read almost all of the books your company published and none of the authors are named like that."

So Young: laughing "Min Young doesn't go by her name; She goes by MiYo, Park MiYo."

Yoochun: taken back "MiYo? I thought that author was a guy since all of books are action packed and well-written."

So Young: "Yoochun, I have a lot of female authors who write very well but Min Young is great at what she does."

Yoochun: "He well she is one of my favorite authors but don't you dare tell her."

So Young: “Fine, you're going to love her new book."

I started laughing, thinking about Min Young's reaction when I tell her my brother thought she was male, my smile and laughter were covers I need to foul people into believing I was happy and that everything was okay. I needed to help my brother get over the woman who broke his heart, help my mother be happy again, help my grandpa with the company, lead Yoohwan into a good career but who was going to help me? Who was going to help me forget and move on or at least make me somewhat happy.