Ch.11

My Keeper

 

So Young’s Pov

It’s been a week since Min Young told me about Changmin’s decision, and here I was sitting down looking at wedding dresses. Even if Changmin had made the decision of only taking care of the child and not marrying Yeon Hee, my decision had not change. I was still going to marry Jaejoong, I was still going to try and move on, and I was going to have a wonderful life with my future husband.

A hand on my shoulder brought me back from my thoughts, I look up to find Jaejoong looking down at me, I could tell he hadn’t slept in days and it made me worried:

So Young: “Jaejoong, what are you doing here?”

Jaejoong: “Can’t I visit my lovely fiancé at work?”

So Young: smiling “Shouldn’t I be doing that?”

Jaejoong: “That would be nice, my wife visiting me at work just because she missed me”

I could tell there was something wrong with Jaejoong by the way he looked down at the wedding book in front of me, he looked tried:

So Young: “Jaejoong, you look tried. Why don’t you go home, I’ll stop by later and...?”

Jaejoong: “You’re right, I’m tired, and I’m very tired of everything”

I didn’t understand what he meant by that and his next question took me by surprise:

Jaejoong: without looking at me “So Young, do you really want to marry me?”

I didn’t know what to answer him. I wanted to say not but at the same time, I didn’t want to hurt him. It was then that he looked at me and held my hands:

Jaejoong: “Answer me. Answer me please with your heart, not with your brain, which always thinks about everyone else expect yourself. So answer me with your heart.”

I knew exactly what my heart wanted but I just couldn’t put it in words.

So Young: “I’m…I…I’m sorry Jaejoong but… I don’t want to get married.”

As soon as I said that, I felt lighter and at peace with my heart. Then I remember Jaejoong, I looked up to see him smiling at me with my hands still in his.

Jaejoong: “So Young, you’re the woman I’m in love with but these past couple of months, I notice the light in your eyes, the one I fell in love with had fade away.”

I was about to speak when he gesture me to stop, so I just sat there and listen.

Jaejoong: “You might be the woman of my dreams but I’m not the one who keeps you up at night or the one your thoughts are filled with, so I needed to ask that certain question without anyone being around, so that I could hear your heart. Thank you, So Young, for pretending to be happy and staying by my side but beyond my love and ambitions, it’s time to let you go. I’ll talk to your grandfather but from this day forward you’re free from me.”

I was speechless as I took in every word Jaejoong had just spoken, my eyes were getting watery but I couldn’t help and smile. I stood up and hug Jaejoong and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

So Young: “Jaejoong, I’m sorry you felt like I was pretend to be happy but I never pretend when you were around. You did make me smile and give me hope; I have to thank you for always being by my side and keeping up with me”

Jaejoong: “So Young, I will always be here for you but for now I think it best if I take some time to be by myself and figure out what I’ going to do next”

So Young: “You will always have a friend in me and everyone will welcome you back with open arms when you decide to come back, take care.”

 

Jaejoong’s Pov

I hugged her for the last time and looked into her eyes; I could see the tiny little light growing again.

Jaejoong: “I will and take care of yourself”

She just smiled at me, I let her hands go and walked out before she could see the tears forming in my eyes, and I made my way to my car without a single tear rolling down my cheek. However, once I started to drive, I could feel my tear slowly rolling down until I had to stop on the side of the road and cried my heart out. Once I calm myself down, I knew inside my pained heart that it was time to let her go, I couldn’t chain her to me and make her miserable because that the end of the day, I would be miserable too. I was going to talk to her grandfather and leave to the country side of Spain, to figure myself out and my heart strong again, at least strong enough to see her in the arms of another man.

Jaejoong: “So Young, I truly hope you and Changmin all the happiness in the world and that both of you are strong enough to surpass all the obstacles in your way.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Double Update! What do you think? Please forgive me, Jaejoong fans for making him cry. It was bittersweet moment for me too