Ch.10

My Keeper

 

Changmin’s Pov

Sitting here staring at the calendar, six months have passed, the most painful and cold months of my entire life. Spring left a bittersweet taste in my mouth, Summer never gave me the warmth I craved, and Autumn has arrive, as the leave fall down so does my life. Little by little, I was falling apart, my family had notice since my father asked me to take some time off work and my sister, Ara, had been stopping by more often than usual. I felt sick, sick on the inside; the only thing keeping me alive was my little girl. She was on her way to make my life a little brighter. In three months, my little girl would be in my arms, and I would have a strong reason to keep living.

I stop staring at the calendar to look at the clock; it was almost time to pick up Yeon Hee, for her monthly check-up. She still doesn’t like the idea of having me only as the father and not her boyfriend or her husband but I couldn’t even look at her for more than a minute without feeling empty. Every time she was by my side it felt wrong like we didn’t belong with each other. I notice I had been driving for a long time until I came to a stop. I head towards the river bank, I got out and stared at the peaceful blue water and how it could disappear anything that went in. I stood there until my phone rang:

Changmin: “Hello?”

Yeon Hee: “We are waiting for you”

Changmin: “I don’t think I’m going to be able to make it to the check-up”

Yeon Hee: “What? Why not? You don’t care about your daughter anymore, do you?”

Changmin: “Don’t say that. I care more about her than about anyone in this world and I’m not in Seoul at the moment due to a business trip”

Yeon Hee: “I really hope that’s true and…”

Changmin: “I’m sorry but I have to go”

I took my phone away from my ear and hang up, it couldn’t get any colder than it was inside my heart.

 

So Young’s Pov

Six months ago, everything changed. I was now about to marry Jaejoong, my grandfather had arranged my marriage to him a few months ago. I remember how shocked I felt that day but what kept me up at night were Changmin’s words. Why would he say something like that to me? Why won’t he allow me to move forward? To forget him and be happy or at least give it a shot. I try to always keep a smile on my face whenever planning the wedding. I pretend to be happy with my decision, I pretend like everything is going to be fine and that once I get married, I will happy.

However, happiness seem a little too far away from me. I was so lost in thought; I didn’t notice Min Young come in until she spoke:

Min Young: “So Young, are you alright?”

So Young: “Mmm… Oh Min Young, when did you come in?”

Min Young: she deeply sigh “Just now, So Young, you’re not happy, are you?”

So Young: letting out a weak laugh “Of course, I’m happy. I’m just nervous; my wedding is in two months”

Min Young: “Are you sure? You look different to now”

So Young: “Yes. Different? No, I’m still the same So Young”

She sighs again and gave me a worried look just like the one Yoochun had given me this morning. Was my unhappiness really that noticeable? I got up and walk to the window, where I could see my reflection staring back at me.

So Young: “I’m fine. I’m going to be a happy married woman very soon. I couldn’t ask for a better man to spend the rest of my life with”

I felt like I was talking to myself instead of Min Young, like I need to cheer myself on. Min Young came to stand next to me:

Min Young: “I have two pieces of good news”

So Young: turning to look at her while she stared out the window “Really? What?”

Min Young: “Remember I told you about the writing job in England?”

So Young: “Oh yeah, what about it?”

Min Young: “They called I got the job and I said yes”

I gave her a bittersweet smile.

So Young: “Really? I’m so happy and proud of you but what about Yoochun? “

Min Young: “Thank you and Yoochun needs to get over his heartbreak on his own instead of hurting others”

I could hear the pain in her words; she was my only hope when it came to Yoochun. I thought she could be the one to unfreeze his heart but Yoochun won’t allow himself to feel her warmth.

So Young: “I’m sorry that my brother hurt you but I’m very happy you’re going to start a new path in your career and what’s the other good news?”

Min Young: turn to look at me “It’s about Changmin.”  

When she said his name, my heart skipped a beat or two. I froze I waited for her to tell me the news.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So for who know this story is based on a onshot I did then you know what Changmin's words were and for those who don't know then just read the forward :) and I know I kinda skip Yoochun and Min Young relationship to the point where Min Young wants to give up on him but its cuz I wanna finish the story quick since its drag on and on but for those who would wanna see how they got to that point, I will make a two-shot at request only. Have a good week :)