Chapter 14: iWant Him Dead

I Wanna Be Yours (난 당신되고 싶어)

Kim Hanbin ruined my mood.

Why wouldn’t he stop? He kept messing with my thoughts as if he got nothing better to do. It would be better to forget everything he said in the music room, it was probably one of his tactics to allure me, to get my sympathy, so then when I got close to him; God knew what would happen then. He was just like that, he was that kind of person and I should have known it. I should have realized it but I didn’t—because I was literally stupid.

            After changing and leaving the school area, I went straight to the bus stop, and seated myself alone as I was uncertain which bus I would take. I missed three buses already but I didn’t feel like coming home, I wanted to go somewhere alone; somewhere I’ve never been to. I thought it would be great to do something out of routine but then again, what could I do seriously? I was not familiar with the streets aside of the school and my home. Because someone would bring me there straightaway whenever I wanted to go somewhere, whether it was taxi, my mom, or my mom’s driver, or even Jennie.

            Kim Jennie, what happened to you? What happened to everybody? What happened to me? Why did everything feel so different nowadays? Jennie and Lisa acted weirdly today, maybe they fought when I was not around, but why would they even fight? They cared about each other. What Lisa said to me earlier gave me a false thinking about everything. I exaggerated for no reasons, while all I wanted was things to get back to the way it used to be. Before Kim Hanbin played with my mind, before I went to Nam Taehyun’s party, before I met Song Yunhyeong.

            Sometimes, I wished I had never found out. I should’ve just stayed at home or enjoyed the party without having to look for Mino and let it all pass by, not knowing things and lived my life as usual. But instead, I had to deal with all of these confusions. Song Mino was a different person when I met him in the hallway. Two years I’ve spent my life almost every day with him, never once he glared at me that way, it felt strange to be treated like that by someone you used to love so much. Especially when I knew exactly what kind of person he was.

            It was the fourth bus already, I should have gone somewhere, but my body refused to move. The sun was setting down, leaving the sky heavenly orange. The moon was up already and suddenly I felt scared for being alone—and my phone vibrated.

            I took my phone from my pocket and looked down to the screen where SYH’s name popped up. This person called me again out of nowhere, I wanted to ignore the call but at the same time I wanted to know why he called me. At least just a few talks then I would hang up. So I dragged the green slide and pressed the phone against my ear.

“What do you want?”

“Aish, chill out Lee Hayi-ssi”

“I-I’m sorry, I’m having a bad day today. Just—make it quick”

“Just in time!” He seemed happy “I have something that will cheer you up”

            This conversation was getting less interesting honestly. I regret picking it up in the first place.

“is this what you want to say? I’m hanging up”

“No! Wait! I promise you this will be worth your time. But—are you free tonight?”

            Did he just ask me if I was free?

“What is it? Are you asking me on a date?!” I almost yelled.

“What?” I heard his laugh “No—but if you want to make it that way then….”

“What the—oh my goodness, what is wrong with you? I’m hanging up and no, I can’t, I’m busy tonight!”

            I hung up—but he called again immediately before I could even manage to put my phone back to my pocket. He was being careless about my ease. How to shut him up seriously?

“I have homework to do!” I told his stubborn mind.

“It won’t be a date” okay? “Just one hour” what was he trying to do? “I promise”

            Just when I was thinking about doing something out of my routine, this person showed up and asked me to actually go for it. I did not want to go home, yes, I wanted to go somewhere. But did it have to be with him?

“Where are you going to take me then?”

I could almost hear his smile on the other line. “Where are you now? I’ll pick you up”

He obviously wanted me to die again, with him coming to my school nearby, I was sure people would go nuts by the first step I’d take in school tomorrow. Anyway, I did not want to be picked up by him, it would be awkward and disturbing. Song Yunhyeong had a bad record in my memory.

“Believe me, it’s a bad idea to pick me up”

“Aish, you’re worrying too much. Just say where you are, I’m going to pick you up”

He insisted to come and pick me. Maybe, he was really a daredevil, or he was careless about his own image, or he was careless about me, but five minutes after I told him my whereabouts, a silver Hyundai car stopped in front of the bus stop. Then the passenger seat’s window slowly went down and I could see Song Yunhyeong’s typical hairstyle as half of his face was covered by a black mask on the driver’s seat with one of his hand peeled on the steering wheel.

            Nice play, even though there weren’t many people in the bus stop but still being careful was the most important thing. When he said I was worrying too much, he was actually right about that, I should have realized that he was used to being in disguise—it’s a celebrity thing. I got hesitant for a moment because once I get inside, there would be no turning back, I was going to spend the evening with Song Yunhyeong and I would have to pretend I enjoy the moment.

            His gesture told me that he was being impatience and his arm straightened to sign me the come-in-quickly move. I quickly made my way to his car and opened the door. I seated myself straightaway as I put my backpack over my laps and he accelerated the car, drove away from the bus stop to wherever he would take me to. I found his car too humble for a celebrity, there was literally nothing around, as if it was freshly bought—it smelled like a new car. Song Yunhyeong pulled down his black mask. He revealed the rest of his face and started to smile right away.

“I wonder what makes you change your mind” he grinned, keeping his eyes on the road.

“Where are we going?” I gazed at the window, didn’t even bother to take a second glance at him.

He muttered. “Just…a fun place” he managed to find the word.

I closed my eyes and whined myself out as I clicked my tongue. “No, don’t tell me it’s the amusement park!” i said stomping my head against the seat. “I’m too tired for that—and I’m wearing my school uniform!”

“What? No!” he half laughed unbelievably. “Is that how you define ‘fun’? The amusement park?”

Oops, don’t get me wrong Song Yunhyeong-ssi but I really had no clue. From tonight, I was officially a dummy to him. Yes—he responded as if I just said something incredibly stupid. “Well—no, but...where else would it be”

“Nowhere special, but I promise you it will be fun” he took a glance at me. “You don’t even have to change your school uniform, I’m sure they accept high school student too” he was thinking for a second. “Or maybe they don’t?” he said unsure.

“What?! So students are not allowed to go in? Are we going to a club or something?!” I yelled at him hardly.

Would he ever stop creating a mess? One thing that I learned from Song Yunhyeong was that he was the kind of person that would give you tons of surprises. He liked to do unusual things—no, he loved it. First, it was the phone thingy. Second, the text messages he sent. And the last was this. Calling me out of nowhere, picking me up from the bus stop and we were actually heading to somewhere I hadn’t found out yet. I was kidnapped—this could be considered as an act of kidnapping, where the victim itself was willing to be kidnapped.

            As I exaggerated, I glared at him who was surprisingly laughing his stomach out.

“Why are you so funny, Lee Hayi-ssi?!” he said stomping the steering wheel. “Why would I take you to a club when you’re wearing your uniform? Do you think I’m that stupid to suddenly call you and asked you to hang out with me without actually knowing that you’re seventeen and it is school day?”

He kept laughing at me; I wanted him dead, right now. He was acting like he spoke to a little kid when I was actually eighteen and old enough to not being treated like someone who was not aware that clubs didn’t take kids in uniform. For God’s sake, I was just asking him where we were heading to.

“Well then tell me where we’re going!” I demanded him.

“You’ll see” he said.

 

 

 

 

 

 

And I let him surprise me more than he did before.

 


 

A/N: Hello! I am breaking my on & off hiatus and happily telling the world that FINALS IS FINALLY OVER! *throw confetti* Though i'd still spend this week with doing my unfinished assignments, I will start updating for at least four to five more chapters before the next semester begin. I would like to thank you for your patience since i am not updating often :( But after my university entrancement test is done (and my life will be settled) i will be endlessly updating! (fyi I'm applying for english major, so wish me luck!) And thank you for the lovely comments :)

 

Vote, comment, and subscribe! :)