[ I ]

The Dead Wayfarers 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Fogs of smoke devoured the alleyways of Seoul on a cloudy afternoon. The shouting and running of men could be heard a few blocks away. The movement of large trucks and metal clanging against metal as well. 

It simply reminded one of the Industrial era, where the roaring of machines too could be heard. The air polluted with nothing but dark smoke with burning ashes blew into the air, carelessly. 

Except these smokes were released by rushed men as they lite fire to the broken pipes, putting a whole two story or so building in flames. 

"Pick up your inventory! We're leaving now!" A man's voice demand and sounded as an alarm. The stomping over puddles and on cement picked up, sooner or later the individual's steps became an endless running; as his neighbor ran beside him, their steps out of beat together. 

Meanwhile, in a single home just a few blocks away from that particular location, Seungho was standing alone. He traced the similar equipped building he once called home with his two older brothers, sister-in-law, nephew, and his beloved parents. 

It's been three months. 

Since he last saw his only living family. 

His second oldest brother, Yoo Kyungsoo. 

Three months earlier.... 

Seungho turned around to face the curious crowd. Something about them bothered him. They appeared too calm and comfortable, no one was sharing his feelings. The feelings of being uncomfortable, wanting to escape, uncertain of his whereabouts. 

"You're  confederate 102294 Yoo Seungho right?" A man asked from the increasing group. Seungho had missed whoever it was that had asked the question, when the latter noticed this he stepped forward. His messy greyish blond hair made him look foreign. His jaw was wide and his muscular arms were revealed as his sleeves had been torn off. 

He was a little bit shorter than Seungho, just like Kyungsoo, it appeared the man tied with his older brother in both age and height. They were older than Seungho. 

As the space between them begin to close due to the latter's quick steps to get closer, he stopped just a few feet away when he noticed Seungho's unwelcoming expression. A wide smile, revealing his large, strong, and straight white teeth revealed, and held out a hand to Seungho. 

"Sup! Name's Jang Dongwoo, confederate 938232 it's a pleasure to finally be able to work with you." 

Seungho squinted a little. The man before him appeared too innocent, knowing he's part of WWIV, Seungho wasn't sure if his mindset and heart were as sincere as his words and actions. Then another man, a little taller than the man Dongwoo, stepped forward. His black hair was pushed skyward and Seungho swore, he looked strong and cold. 

The two men greeted one another with a clap and half hug before turning their focus to Seungho. "He's my man, Lee Howon." Dongwoo introduced the lad. 

Seungho was in no mood to meet new people. Especially those who's trying to befriend him. Usually gaining new friends is looked upon as a positive and great thing. However, for Seungho it was a tiring long process. Friends are just friends. But behind the label, friends are people who need you and you need them. 

And he didn't want that. 

The first large group of friends he had ever had after the breakout, was more than enough to drive him insane. 

"I'm Lee Howon and I'll be in charge of you for the reminder of your stay." Howon said holding out a hand to Seungho. 

Seungho looked down at them then to Dongwoo, he ignored both of their hands and scanned the camp quickly. 

Fences. 

Brick fences. 

Brick fences with watch towers.

How the hell was he going to get out now? 

Seungho grabbed onto Howon's hand instead, ignoring Dongwoo's even longer, "Worry about yourself, I won't be in here for long." 

Howon smirked a little. "Don't act tough. You won't go anywhere without wanting to come back here. I guarantee it." 

Seungho traced the empty closest of his eldest brother, Yesung. In the closest were his brother's clothes, his nephew, along with his sister-in-law. He heaved a depressed sigh, "After putting those who had put the world into this condition and made me a fool out of me for allowing you to die in such a tragic way out, I'll come. And together we'll be together again. Yesung. Sister-in-law, Jong, mother and father." Seungho said ever so quietly before moving to the only one place he know where they are.

Their lifeless and rottening body remained in the basement where he left them more than three months ago. 

Seungho walked over and kneal beside his brother's body. "Yesung, it's time to rest now." 

Outside, Seungho placed his brother's body into a dug up ditch over the bodies of his four family members. The five lie quietly. Seungho pushed the pile of dirt over them. Then he stopped for a moment and turned to another body resting just a few paces away. 

It was Mark's body. His red-hair friend who had passed away without much knowledge as to how and why. Seungho lifted his body and gently lowered it over his brother's. Then he pushed all the dir

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter