UNBOUND

The Lair (Book 2) UNBOUND
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Hi there, Tokki!”

 

“Kwon Jiyong what are you doing- YAHH!!! Are you filming me?”

 

“I’m not,”

 

“You obviously are! What are you doing here? What are you thinking!”

 

“You didn’t go to school. It’s been days now. Bom noona told me she saw you here in their hospital so, I decided to just drop by. Smile!”

 

“Aisht, take that camera away, Jiyong. I look ugly,”

 

“You don’t. Besides, I miss you. You don’t answer my calls. You don’t reply to my messages either. You think I’d just sit my off?”

 

“I’m sorry but… Dad was getting suspicious lately.”

 

“You’re not telling me that you wanna break up with me again, are you?”

 

“Jiyong… I’m sorry but,”

 

“You can’t break up with me,”

 

“This is the best for both of us,”

 

“Why do you always do this? Is breaking up with me your only way? Don’t you love me?”

 

“I do… But we’re both too young and…”
 

“You’re mine,”

 

“Sorry?”

 

“The moment I first saved you, I told myself you’re mine. Don’t forget that,”

 

“Kwon Jiyong…”

 

“Oh come on! Stop being like this. I’m not letting you go just like that! Now come on. Smile!”

 

“Stop filming me, I’m warning you!”

 

“Oh, I’m scared! Haha! Tokki! Look! Here!”

 

“Stop it Kwon! Go away!”

 

“Tokki! My Tokki is shy!”

 

“Stop doing this Jiyong! It’s not funny! Besides, I’m not yours! I mean, solely yours! How could you say that?”

 

“But you’re really mine! Aisht, why do you always forget that and always try to break up with me? Tell me you don’t like me then and I’ll stop this,”

 

“I… I hate you! You’re so mean!”

 

“That’s different!”

 

“I… I…”

 

“In case she forgets again, ladies and gentlemen… She’s mine. I am Kwon Jiyong, and I promise to make her remember again, and again, and again.”

 

 

 

I stood in front of door of the hospital room I have been frequenting lately, lifelessly. Soullessly.

 

After playing and replaying and killing the replay button of my only beautifully imperfect saved video of her nonstop, I decided to submit myself to this final test.

This moment felt quite the same as the childish acts we did before.

 

For a lot of times, we tried. We hid. We fought. We broke up. We got back together.

 

Only that this time we cannot, and the most devastating fact is that I will never be able to make her remember ever again.

 

I broke my own promise.

 

I could not feel anything. I did not know if I was still breathing. I could not even hear anything.

 

I mustered up my courage when I heard some voices inside the room. "Come in," the domineering voice said and with heavy steps, I took my route to madness.

 

"I brought you a companion," The general, the once a kind sir said, pertaining to me.

 

"Oh... Who

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter