UNWRITTEN 12

The Lair (Book 2) UNBOUND
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A voice.

A shriek.

A baby's cry.

They all pierced through the night and haunted me in my sleep. Somehow, I thought I wanted not to wake up anymore. Reality was harsh.

I wanted to die.

But her cries moved me. Consumed me.

Controlled me.

And soon scenes of the earlier events started to flash before my eyes.

She was bleeding, not because she got beaten just like me.

She was bleeding, that red liquid trickling down her thighs. And I stopped fighting back. I become rooted, pinned to the ground. I was  numbed for a moment.

And she was wailing so hard. Calling out my name. Calling out the child that was never able to see the harsh reality of this world we were in.

Was it gone? Was that tiny life we made really gone?

I watched as she was carried into the car and soon it was speeding away.

She was taken away.

There goes my everything.

Somehow I was thankful. I should be. I couldn't promise her a better future, and I know I will never be a good father. The child might just end up hating me for giving him a crooked, wasted kind of life.

But I won't deny the truth that I hoped, that I wished a better life for  me. For us.

Maybe I hoped too much. Maybe I wished too hard.

Because from the very beginning, I know I do not belong here. I just tried.

I am Kwon Jiyong. From Area 1.

I only belong to the Lair.

 

********************

They walk down the dark hallway in silence, hand in hand, no more spoken words. The idea of running away like that was enticing, especially now that they were away from the eyes of the head.

They were aware though, that there might be spies and traitors here and there but Jiyong was well decided. Hell, he won't think twice taking down anyone that might be on their way but he was still waiting for something, at least wanting to hear something– his father's final words.

Would the medical results Il Woo and Bom forwarded be enough to make his father change his mind? There was no assurance and though he was already decided to leave and bury who he was in Area1, still, he wanted to know what his father has to say.

His communicator suddenly buzzed and he felt Dara tighten her hold of him.

"It's okay," Jiyong brought her hand to his lips before pulling away. He took a look on his communicator and the code zero was flashing indicating the head of the group. "It's father,"

Dara nodded and stood in the corner, her heart drumming at a double pace. She could just watch him walk away slowly, and she did not dare follow him, giving him the privacy he needed.

 

"Take her here. I need a few words with the two of you before anything else."

Jiyong looked at Dara when he heard his father's commanding voice on the other line of his communicator. He walked away and signaled Dara to wait for a while and the girl nodded in understanding.

"I am not buying that bull again dad. We are using the east exit. Send Choi Seunghyun here."

He heard his father sigh and for a moment there was only silence. He was about to put the device down but his father spoke once more.

"If I allow you to do things on your own, don't you ever come back here all wounded and broken, Kwon Jiyong. I am tired of you. You always take the hard way to learn yet still, you never learn..."

It was a cold remark but still, Jiyong's face split to a grin that he couldn't contain. He rubbed his lips and tried to hide his smile. His father finally understood. He knows he understood.

"Father..."

"Don't bring the bastard here if he comes out. Don't do the same mistake as I did.  Don't try bringing your family here."

Jiyong was lost for words. He couldn't believe his ears. It was a warning, at least his father made it sound like that, but to him, it was an approval. He didn't notice he was already grinning idiotically until his father spoke some more.

"I have never heard you laugh for quite while now. This is why I never liked that woman," 

Jiyong glanced at Dara who was just watching him from a distance and he could tell how anxious she was. He sent her a smile of assurance and she  returned him with a brighter, warmer one.

Who would not like this girl?

"She has so much control over you. After everything that has happened I thought you've had enough."

Jiyong didn't answer but inside his head was a silent admission: Yes, she has so much power on him and that will forever be one of the greatest wonders in his life.

Even the mightiest man can bend for a woman.

"You're right, father. I've had enough. And this time, I'll make sure the same thing won't happen again."

"You make sure. And don't forget, you still have your responsibility to fulfill in this group."

"I know."

"Good. It's enough that you still know your duties."

There was a pause before the voice on the other line faded with the murmured 'until then' and soon the call ended. Jiyong had to lean back against the wall as he shut his eyes. He was happy. He knew he wasn't free yet, but still, he felt so much joy. He was afraid, but he couldn't deny his heart was racing so fast just by painting a future in his head.

There was hope. And even if there was just a tiny glint of it in his horizon, he would certainly not hesitate to take a chance on it if it's for Dara.

He slowly opened his eyes when he felt some tiny fingers on his face and her worried look greeted him.

"Don't push things too far. I still can bear with it. I'll apologize to Il Woo. I'll go back to training if your father wants me to. Don't worry about me..."

"No." Jiyong said as he shoved his communicator back to his pocket and marvelled at her panic-struck face. He frowned at her and traced her furrowed brows with his fingertips before planting a soft kiss on it, easing the crease on her forehead.

"We're leaving tomorrow." He told her firmly when he pulled back. "He... He gave his permission."

"Oh my God!" Dara had to clamp and looked around the hallway before dragging Jiyong into a corner. "Really? You must be kidding! Tell me... Is he sick? Was he drugged or—" Dara bit her lip when she noticed Jiyong was squinting his eyes on her.

"What are you talking about?" Jiyong crossed his arms over his chest.

"I just... I just couldn't believe it. That's all. Sorry." Dara lowered her head and bit her lip once more, preventing herself from blurting out any nonsense again though deep inside she still couldn't believe it.

"Are you done yet?"

"Huh?" Dara lifted her face when she heard Jiyong ask.

"Tell me if you're done wondering adorably about things so I can kiss you. I'll be watching you until then,"

Dara dropped and stared at Jiyong idiotically, heat starting to  crawl up her cheeks. She looked around once more and when she was sure there was no one around, she carefully stepped towards Jiyong.

"Here? We can kiss here?"

Jiyong arched his brows in surprise. He didn't thought she'd say that. He was thinking she would push him away and be embarrassed but no. She was always willing to be kissed.

"You never fail to amuse me, tokki," he rubbed his lips before pulling her to him.

"Y-y-ah... What if someone comes— hmphhhh!"

Dara could just hold onto his coat for support as Jiyong molded his mouth onto hers. He kissed her deeply, needingly, as familiar scenes from the past flashed before his eyes.

And he hoped he could make her remember.

He pulled away and rained kisses on her face lovingly while brushing her cheeks. "You are very willing." Jiyong ticked his tongue as he feigned a surprised expression. "You know what? I used to cut your words with a kiss a lot when we were younger,"

Dara fluttered her eyes open and looked up to him. "And what did I used to do?"

"You are very willing to be kissed, Tokki. You know how to get me. You know... I love it when you are cutely blabbering incoherent things. Makes me think  you need a kiss everytime you do that."

Dara rolled her eyes at him in disbelief. "Oh, please," she scoffed. "How do I know you're not lying?"

Jiyong just smirked at her and pulled her to him before whispering in her ears.

"Haven't I showed you yet how much I know you inside out? I know each and every part of you. Memorized every move, paid attention to your every need. I am attuned to you... the same way you are to me..." he said while his hands started to make wonders down her back to her behind. "I won't be surprised if you're wet and ready for me now."

 

Dara had to swallow hard when she heard him say that. How could he know her so well? She felt heat pool between her thighs, her cheeks red in embarassment.

It was just a brief kiss and it already made her want him.

No, she always wants him.

"Should I check it out myself?" Jiyong smirked at her while his free hand started to roam down her fully covered crotch, the other wrapped securely around her waist. She backed away, scared that someone might pass by and see them but Jiyong was holding her still, his eyes imploring her, petrifying her.

"God tokki, it turns me on when you look this lost." He buried his face in the scent of her hair, his hand cupping her womanhood. "Let's get to your room before I take you rough and quick here."

"Then take me here. Please,"

Jiyong pulled away a bit to see her face and he just had to kiss her parted lips once more for it was so inviting he could not resist it.

"Don't tempt me," he breathed, tugging her hair so that her head was angled  to his liking, so his mouth could freely feast on hers.

"But you are already tempted..." Dara answered, purposely swiping her tongue against his before on his lower lip that it made him growl in need.

He pushed her roughly against the wall making her whimper, his impatient hands roaming down her tiny form. He ed her overalls and cupped her s, a soft moan escaping from her lips,  but as if suddenly remembering something, he pulled back to scan her face, finding any trace of pain.

"Did I hurt you?" He worriedly ask but she could just shake her head for she was still panting, catching her breath.

He was about to pull her in his arms but then a faint buzz was heard from his pocket. He heaved a frustrated sigh and rolled his eyes when he saw the code flashing on the screen.

It was Il Woo.

"What—"

"Two trainees are going down the basement to the weaponry department, passing by hallway 18 in... 8, 7, 6, 5...".

"Holy !"

Jiyong's eyes widened when he glanced upon a broken signage on the ceiling, and from where they were, he saw a tiny red dot in a corner focused on their direction. He quickly pulled Dara's clothes together and pushed her to the corner where the camera won't reach them.

"Damn it! Aisht!" He ended the call and put the communicator back to his pocket.

"W-w-hy... What's wrong?" Dara's voice almost came out as a breath. Jiyong covered her  with his body and squeezed both of them in the darkness.

"Kwon Jiyong..."

"Shhh..." Jiyong cut her off with a kiss, and soon, they were hearing voices from the adjacent path.

Dara's eyes widened but Jiyong just kept his mouth on hers while she could just watch in horror as two trainees walked past them, not noticing their deed. She wanted to push Jiyong away, at least she thought of doing so but the sudden thrill brought by the situation sent shivers down her spine, a jolt of heat started to pool down her thighs. 

And she knew it was too late to step back.

It was a different kind of excitement. She fluttered her eyes open and watched Jiyong lose himself in their kiss. Did he feel it too? Was he too? She was curious. She allowed her hands to travel down his trousers and she wasn't disappointed. He needed her just as bad as she needed him. She smiled against his lips and she was rewarded with a deep moan from him when she started fumbling with his belt.

Jiyong pulled away from her and panted when she held him in her tiny hands.

"God, tokki..."

She smirked, feeling some pride in her grow. She knew how to make this man burn with need and she never wanted to disappoint him. She started moving her hands around his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter