UNWRITTEN 16

The Lair (Book 2) UNBOUND
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"She grew up so well. So smart. So pretty and so loving, " Dara said as she took a peep back at Hayi who was at the backseat and already sleeping. She caught a sight of another black sedan following them and it made her chuckle.

 

"Seungri's done a good job following your orders, hasn't he? " she faced Jiyong who was behind the wheels.

 

Jiyong nodded and held her hand and kissed it. "I was going crazy earlier, I didn't know what to do. If only I could fly the distance. I wanted to be there beside you and hear what your doctor had to say. I mean I heard it from Bom noona but being there with you... "

 

"It's okay. I was just told to be careful because I was still in my earlier months of pregnancy. At least my questions have been answered."

 

"Questions like?"

 

"Why am I feeling like this? I feel like a ball of emotions ready to burst anytime. My temper. My... Oh. Never mind—"

 

"Your drive,"

 

Dara widened her eyes and gaped at Jiyong. She shifted to Hayi who was still sleeping soundly at the backseat before slapping Jiyong in the arm.

 

"What are you talking about!" she hissed.

 

"I told you Bom noona told me. I have been warned. " Jiyong smirked at her before looking ahead once more. "It's a favor to me though. Gotta take advantage of it."

 

"Oh, seriously Jiyong."

 

"Why? Months from now I have to learn to abstain myself from . It's going to be painful."

 

Dara squinted her eyes at Jiyong.

 

"You're not planning on seeing Kiko anymore aren't you?" she said making Jiyong scoff. "Hey! You're not going to see any of your Women I swear Kwon Jiyong I'm not going to be really easy on you—"

 

"Calm down. I don't want the tiny blob thinking I'm that kind of father."

 

"What? "

 

"Calm down."

 

"No... What did you just call... My baby? "

 

"Our baby, "Jiyong corrected but he went silent for a moment and furrowed his brows when he saw Dara scowling at him. He was uneasy and for a moment he looked confused.

 

"B-b-lob. Why... Did I say something wrong? "

 

"You're crazy, " Dara shook her head and looked away, her face split to a smile. "You're crazy Jiyong. "

 

Jiyong tried to contain his smile but it showed nevertheless. He tapped the device in his ear and contacted Seungri when they were nearing the apartment complex.

 

"Take a break rat. I'll take it from here. You guys get some rest, "

 

 

 

**********

 

 

"You seem cooler walking into the building than you used to. " Dara noticed Jiyong didn't even budge about the CCTV when they entered the building.

 

"Seungri found a way to intercept the system. From the elevator to this hallway."

 

"That was... Cool."

 

"I've learned a lot. It was the Lair who were spying on you... On us before. We'll never know after months of being away from here. Your friends have constantly been speaking of the government's plan to eliminate us. They might find the closest link useful."

 

"Closest link... "

 

"I'll tell you more, but I don't want you confused. You trust me don't you? "

 

Dara just remained silent and watched his back. At this point in time, he decided to ask her that question?

 

Trust.

 

Hell she trusts him. Believes in him more than herself even. Such question seemed irrelevant to her.

 

"In you go, " Jiyong said after punching the codes effortlessly and pushing the door in. It made Dara smile when he stepped aside and swayed a hand.

 

"Let me guess... Seungri?" she said, pertaining to Jiyong knowing her new door lock code.

 

"Yeah Seungri." Jiyong suppressed a smile.

 

"Hmm... I'm starting to be more fond of him." Dara said as she walked past him and removed her shoes.

 

"You've always been so fond of him it makes me wanna punch him at times." Jiyong narrowed his eyes at her before walking past and taking Hayi to the room. He was already tucking the girl into the sheets when Dara arrived. She stayed right behind him, smiling in awe at how good Jiyong is at taking care of the girl.

 

"She misses her mom. She bought a scarf for her, "

 

"I'll make sure Bom noona gets it." Jiyong said. He turned around to walk towards her. "You did a pretty great job today, tokki. "

 

"I follow the deputy head's order well. I made sure I'm fine. Took care of myself and Hayi well. But you know what? I failed at one thing. "

 

Jiyong folded his arms and tilted his head in wonder and before he could even ask, Dara wrapped her arms around him and tiptoed for a peck on his lips.

 

"I failed at trying not to worry about you. I fail at trying not to miss you, "

 

"You sure know how to make me smile, " Jiyong chuckled and cupped her face. "Now come here, we need to talk." he kissed her forehead and guided her to the living room.

 

"When did you first learn I was pregnant, Jiyong? And why didn't you tell me about it? " Dara's inquisition started. Jiyong sat down on the couch and pulled her down gently on his lap.

 

"Easy, sweetie. One by one." he tucked her hair behind her ear and held her hand. "I got this call from Mino. You know I was still mad at the boy... Well I still am. He sort lf reported things to me. He told me he didn't understand it but his first impulse is to call me and let me know about you."

 

"There were bomb implants... Like sensitive ones I accidentally triggered... " Dara remembered that near death experience on her journey to the training ground as she closed her eyes, her fingers flew to the back of her head to trace that soft part that was once wounded. "Sorry... And then? " Jiyong noticed it and kissed the top of her head.

 

"Does it still hurt? "

 

"No. Please go on... " she tried dismissing it by straightening up and looking at him with a straight face. Jiyong took a deep breath.

 

"He told me about you... Passing out inside the bathroom. I was at the Docks then... And I rushed going home. If I needed to swim that distance, I think I would have done it." Jiyong's arms tightened around her and she nodded, somehow knowing it despite not exactly it from him.

 

"So when you arrived at that cage battle—"

 

"Do I already know you're pregnant? No. I had no idea. I went there to check you out if you're fine and when I saw you emerge from that cage, I swear, all I saw was red. I wanted to punch everyone... But I was surprised you beat me to it,"

 

Dara smiled a bit as she remembered giving it her all when she punched Il Woo. "And then... You didn't hurt anyone, did you?"

 

"With you fainting before me? All I could think of was you how could I possibly thought of other things then? I took care of you, watched after you the entire night after that cage battle so as to prevent myself from confronting Il Woo. I just learned about it when Bom noona suddenly called up somewhere late that night. She talked to the doctors at the training ground and the results stated the same. I learned about it at almost 4 am the next day and met up straight with Il Woo."

 

"So that's why you're up so early that time?" Dara asked making him nod. "No wonder Mino started to act weird. And your conversation with that Il Woo. Now they make sense. But... Why didn't you tell me then? "

 

"Baby... It's because Bom noona believes it might trigger your memories to come back." Jiyong said with so much concern.

 

"Then what's wrong with that? It's supposed to be good news right? " It made Dara thought it was not when Jiyong sighed heavily and kissed the crown of her head. 

 

"Mino said you cried out about seeing blood. You were talking about a baby. Losing a baby. You freaked out about it and then fainted. Sandara... What did you exactly see that day? I couldn't find it in my heart to ask you so much because I was afraid it might do you harm than good. "

 

Dara took a deep breath and tried to recall everything. She remembered taking a shower. Then she saw blood and did she ever speak about a child?

 

"In my dreams... I don't know if it's a dream but it seems so real. Nightmare. It's always been like that. I was trying to reach out to you. You were calling me. But that time I took a shower, maybe I was just exhausted or maybe it was because of the blow but it seemed so real. I shut my eyes and saw that same scene till... I felt something trickling down my thighs and when I looked down..." Dara looked down at her legs and held tight onto Jiyong. "Blood. I was a bloody mess. Then at the back of my head I hear a baby's cry. Then I hear my own cry. I was calling you. I was... I kept calling for a baby. I didn't know I voiced everything out."

 

"Oh, Jesus." Jiyong pulled her down to his chest and rubbed her back. "It's not a dream nor a nightmare. Those were fragments of your memories. Those you've lost."

 

"I've lost..."

 

"Yes. But please calm down. Promise me you'll listen and calm down." Jiyong held her protected inside his arms and kissed the top of her head as he closed his eyes, as if the next words hit him right through like a painful bolt.

 

"We've lost our first child Dara. We've lost him when your dad found out we were eloping. I'm sorry I wasn't able to protect you and the baby. I'm sorry, " Jiyong mumbled against her ear as he held her tight. "You suffered so much because of me. I'm sorry, "

 

"Jiyong..."

 

"I was part of that plan to make you forget. I had to agree to it just to see you one last time. To be with you and to make up for all the pain I have caused you. Believe me, I agreed to help them do it just because I couldn't bear the sight of you slowly getting eaten by depression. You were fading away."

 

Dara clamped at the churning feeling that started at the pit of her stomach. It was her dad. Her dad did this, yeah she knew it from Dr. Park Bom. But hearing it right now, the fact that she once had a child before and that she lost it made her tear up in anger and disgust at her father. Back at Area 1's training ground, she had a feeling that those flashes were part of her memory and now that she heard it from Jiyong, she didn't know how to take it.

 

"How could dad do this? How could he... I mean why? Just because you are from The Lair?" she angrily glared at Jiyong. "Why didn't you tell me about this before? "

 

"Sandara please... "

 

"How much more truth like this should I hear? I hated dad for ruining us and for almost killing you. I hated him for making me forget about you. But I kept still thinking maybe he has a reason for doing it. And now you're saying we lost a child because of him? How much more should I hate my own dad? "

 

"Shhh, stop. Stop... " Jiyong rocked her in his arms. "This is why I don't want to tell you. It's not good for you,"

 

"No... We shouldn't be living like this. I'm tired of all the lies. I'm tired of it." Dara broke down in his arms and it crushed him.

 

"Shhh... I'm sorry... "

 

"There's got to be a reason. He's a good man. Jiyong... You knew him. He has a reason. There must be a reason." Dara shut her eyes as thoughts about their child's future filled her mind. If relationships such as theirs are forbidden to such extent then what happens to her baby? "The baby is going to be fine right? They won't take him away if they find out, right?

 

"There is a reason, you're right. There's gotta be a reason. Yes. But stop worrying so much. I'm here. You're both going to be fine. " Jiyong answered with a gentle tone making Dara look up to him. He wiped her tears away and rubbed her cheeks.

 

"Listen... There's got to be a reason why there is only one man among the people behind the project was left with so much power. We'll try to find out. Together. And we'll find a way out. For us. For blob."

 

Dara would have laughed at the way Jiyong called the baby in her womb once more but the man spoke of it in such an affectionate way that it made her heart swell with unexplainable joy despite the fear she was feeling.

 

"We still got eight months, Jiyong." she said that made Jiyong look at her with curiosity. She tried to force a smile but Jiyong's lips was already on hers before she could do so. He kissed her assuringly, affectionately and she badly needed that from him with all the emotional turmoils she's had that day.

 

"Yes." Jiyong kissed her once more. "It's enough time to correct everything, right? Eight months. Eight months before blob comes out. And when he does, he's going to live in freedom. I promise."

 


*********

 

"Need a ride? "

 

CL turned around swiftly at the voice that quite startled her. She just went out of the headquarters and was on her way to the bus stop.

 

"Hey! Here!" CL peeped into the dark parking lot and saw a shadow of a man behind the tree waving at her. Somehow, she already knew who it w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter