UNWRITTEN 2

The Lair (Book 2) UNBOUND
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a fine Sunday morning and the kind sir took me to the Park. I was in awe. He brought me cotton candies and hotdogs and we flew kites and ran around the field. It was a very fun filled day. My fondest memory of a playground was when I was four. Mother and father would bring me and we would have picnics and father would play with me.

 

But that was before the Project Area 1 came to be. Yes. We used to be a normal family like that.

 

"You okay, Jiyong?"

 

I am startled when the kind sir suddenly spoke. I force a smile and nod.

 

"Aaah. I wish I can spend time with my daughter like this too,"

 

"Daughter?" I furrow my brows. "Kind sir has a daughter?"

 

"Yes. A very pretty one, in fact,"

 

"Oh. Just like Bom noona," I nod as I munch on my potato chips. 

 

"Yes. Just like her. Just a bit younger though... About your age"

 

"Really? Then why didn't you bring her here? Haven't you brought her out like this?"

 

"No. My daughter has a weak body. She catches cold and infections easily."

 

"Oh. She must be lonely then,"

 

"You think so?"

 

"Ahuh. Because there's no fun in staying all day inside your room. You don't get to play. You don't get to see the world—"

 

"That's exactly my point," kind sir looks away sadly and I tilt my head wondering why.

 

"I don't want her to see what a mess this world is. And most especially, I don't want her to have anything to do with the world I fail to create."

 

I blink at him. "Kind sir... You are not God, are you?"

 

"Huh, what made you ask? Of course I'm not! Aigoo..."

 

"Then it's okay to be wrong sometimes. It's normal for humans to make mistakes. Maybe if you talk to her she'll understand."

 

"Kwon Jiyong how old are you?"

 

"Eight! Why sir? Don't you know?"

 

The kind sir just chuckles and ruffles my hair.

 

"You creep me out boy... You creep me out."

 

I laugh at him. He's weird sometimes.

 

"So sir, do I get to meet your daughter soon? Maybe I can make her laugh and feel better and—"

 

He suddenly turns serious and for a moment I thought he's mad at me.

 

"I'm sorry. I don't think I can take you with me. Maybe not yet, Jiyong. Not now,"

 

"Seungri, what time is it?" Jiyong slowly sat up and Seungri quickly rushed to his side. "I've slept too long. I need to see Sandara,"

 

"Aisht, please hyung. Don't be so stubborn. Bom noona was here earlier and she said Dara noona is still asleep. Youngbae hyung is trying to get some news from the great hall. See? They were taking good care of her." Seungri nervously said but deep inside he was so dying to see Dara and all he could do is to  wait for Youngbae's news too.

 

"How sure are you? Have you seen her?" Jiyong asked making Seungri shake his head.

 

"Tsch. Out of my way," Jiyong pushed Seungri aside and made his way across the room. He opened the door only to see four men standing by his doorway.

 

"Is there something wrong sir?"

 

"Get out of my way," Jiyong said, his tone almost a warning, but the four men just stood there, not moving a single bit.

 

"Sorry, sir. We're just following orders."

 

"I SAID GET OUT OF MY WAY!!!" Jiyong pushed the two men closest to him and kicked the other. He was about to grab the man's gun but soon, he was frozen to his spot by the voice of someone behind him.

 

"KWON JIYONG!"

 

"Sir!!!" Everyone straightened up before bowing at the man behind him and he didn't need to turn around to know who it was. Just the sound of the rolling wheels against the cold tiled floor and he already knew. It was his father.

 

"I see the whip didn't even do any lesson on you,"

 

"Sir!" Seungri ran out of the room and bowed at the man who was screaming so much authority before turning to Jiyong who was already clenching his fists. "Hyung... let's go in....Please," Seungri whispered to Jiyong. "Please,"

 

 

Jiyong just turned around and faced the man behind him. He then bowed quickly. "Sorry, father,"

 

"Sorry. I see you finally have learned how to apologize,"

 

Jiyong just bit his inner cheek, trying to prevent himself from firing back at him. He caught a glimpse of his uncle Tablo who as always was behind his father.

 

"I wanted to surprise my son for a visit, turns out I was the one surprised." The man clasped his hands and eyed Jiyong. "Lee Seungri if you may excuse us. I just need to talk to my son,"

 

 

***********

 

"So you want me to believe you were planning to take her here and allow us to meet?" Kwon Jin Young leaned onto the backrest of his wheelchair tilting his head as if he was amused by Jiyong. "How much more lies are you willing to make up for the sake of that girl?"

 

"I am not lying!" Jiyong bites his lip realizing he just raised his voice on his father. "Look, father—"

 

"Even so, I will never approve of her!"

 

"I love her!" Jiyong stood up and glared at his own father. "You have to understand. I love her," 

 

Kwon Jin Young shut his eyes close as he clenched his teeth. Seeing Jiyong like this takes him back to how his heart was crushed years ago.

 

"Once a lethal pain is enough Jiyong! Once is enough. I can't believe you are trying to poison yourself with the same woman,"

 

"It was not her fault!"

 

"His father's is hers too. Same blood of a traitor runs in her veins. Don't be fooled twice! And don't even start with the necklace! Park Hyo Shin just knew his daughter was weak he just needed something to protect her! He's probably realized something before he died and that we have to find out! But what use could she offer when she couldn't even remember a thing? I doubt she even remembers you!"

 

"Whether she's wearing it or not... Whether she remembers me or not, nothing is going to change. And nothing will keep me from protecting her! Not even you!"

 

"Jiyong! Enough!" Tablo ran in between the father and son and pushed Jiyong away. "Enough!"

 

"Uncle, I have followed each and every rule. I have dedicated my life to this group. Why can't you hear me just this once—"

 

"We listened to you once... we gave you freedom but you abused it and you came home like you already wanted to kill yourself. Don't commit the same mistake again Jiyong. We can't afford to lose this peace—"

 

"Peace? You call this peace? Look at those young apprentices holding their guns. That's peace?"

 

"Tablo let's go. I don't want to hear any more of this," Jin Young said and Tablo could just sigh defeatedly. 

 

"You want to humiliate your own son again? Punish me again? Take me to the Central Square I don't care. Just don't you dare lift a finger on her. Don't—"

 

The wheelchair suddenly stopped moving, his father's back facing him.

 

"Now that you have said it, I want to consider it. Tablo, I need to see Song Mino."

 

"Mino?" Jiyong's eyes widened. "That traitor!"

 

"Tell the boy to see me for instructions. That woman will have to convince me if she's worthy,"

 

 

************

 

She peered through the window and she narrowed her gaze for the bright sunlight was hurting her eyes. She got used to the dark that the tiny rays of the sun blinded her in an instant. She had to adjust her eyes and it took her a while for her to realize she was facing the sea. 

 

Funny how she even joked of applying as an aid. The way she is seeing things now, she might end up floating on the sea before she could even pass as one.

 

The cruelty.

The harsh rules.

The steel hands of the head.

 

How could they all accept it?

 

A knock. Dara was startled by a knock and soon she found herself running towards the bed, afraid that whoever it was behind the door might punish her just because she looked out of the window. Remembering what Jiyong's uncle has told her last night about punishing Jiyong send her shivering to her bones.

 

She just can't do anything wrong or the head might vent out his anger on Jiyong.

 

 

The door swings open just in time as she sat on her bed and as soon as she lifted her gaze, she let out a gasp for it wasn't who she was expecting.

 

No men in dark suits. No, not Jiyong's uncle and definitely not the man on the wheelchair.

 

"Dara! Oh my God!"

 

"CL!"

 

Dara quickly stood up and met just her biggest surprise for the day. She hugged her dearly. Pulled away to scan her bestfriend's face before hugging her again. "Oh Jesus! What are you doing here?"

 

"It's a long story! We were at the park and four boys in black kidnapped us!"

 

"How exaggerated." Minzy came in and slams the door shut. "We were forced to go home that's it. What kidnap are you talking about?"

 

"Still, it's by force! It's kidnap!" CL scowled at Minzy which made the latter roll her eyes.

 

"I knew it. You es are gonna bring trouble here," the girl spun around and headed out of the room.

 

"Don't you dare start, red-head!" CL was about to confront Minzy but Dara stopped her, afraid her bestfriend might get punished too or something. She can never be so sure.

 

"Stop. Let her be. We're in their territory,"

 

"But... Aisht!" CL sighed helplessly.

 

"I'm just gonna wait outside. Please be quick," Minzy bowed slightly at Dara before completely going out.

 

"One day she's gonna get it from me!" CL angrily kicked the door but Dara pulled her.

 

"CL!"

 

"Fine. Sorry!" CL raised her hands in surrender. "You okay? Dara you look like you're gonna collapse already. You didn't eat, did you?"

 

"Don't worry about me. I'm okay. How about you? Did they hurt you?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter