UNWRITTEN 15

The Lair (Book 2) UNBOUND
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


"Hello?"

"Noona..."

"Oh my God! Jiyong?"

I let out a smile when I heard Bom noona gasp in shock on the phone. Just as I expected she would react, I told myself.

"Jiyong! How are you? Are you alright? Look. I did my best to make excuses to mom and dad I tried to distract uncle! I..."

"It's not your fault, noona. It's okay. Dara made a mistake. She asked for her godfather's help. We needed some back up but it turned out... "

"I heard Jiyong! God , why of all people did Dara call that man? He was close to her father he'll definitely tell that to Gen. Park!"

"We were desperate... Noona... Have you heard about her? Have you seen her?"

"No... I never heard anything about her since that day."

"We lost the baby, noona."

"Oh my God."

I closed my eyes with on hand, forcing myself not to cry. The blood running down my girl's legs said it all but I hoped. Still. I hoped. Dad said he'll send me back to the city to finish the Lair's tie with its supporters but when Gen. Park called me up to confirm it, he didn't fail to inform me about something that made me curse hoping all my life. He apologized but I couldn't take it just like that. All I was thinking and looking forward was seeing my Sandara.

"It's gone noona. The baby's gone."

"I'm sorry Jiyong. Gosh... I really don't hear anything about Dara these days. I don't even know anything about uncle Hyo Shin. Mom and dad have been acting really strange though these days. They rarely come home."

"Oh..." my knees turned weak all of a sudden. In my head, I already have an idea of what was making them busy. In my previous conversation with the kind sir... No... With Gen. Park, he said they are preparing for Sandara's "treatment". I don't know if I'll be able to contribute well but all I am after now is to see Sandara once more.

"So... Where are you? How were you able to make this call? Whose phone are you using?" Bom noona asked. "Yah... Yah Kwon Jiyong! Don't tell me you escaped from Area 1???

A bitter smile escaped from my lips.

"No noona. They let me out. I'm going back there to fix everything. Sandara does not deserve all these pain. I'll fix the mess I've caused her and her family."

 


*********

"Hayi is so pretty. Aisht. I wish I have a son right now so I can have this kid as my daughter in law. Gosh. Seunghyun is so lucky, don't you think so? He's got a daughter in an instant." CL gushed as she combed Hayi's hair. Tired from their trip, he little girl fell asleep in an instant.

"I never heard you wish for a child before. Already dating? May I know who?"

"Ha-ha," CL laughed lamely. "Not funny, " CL scowled at her.

Dara just smiled and went on fixing her closet. How long has it been since she's last been here in apartment? She couldn't remember. So many things has happened and though she has accepted the fact that she will never live a normal life anymore because of Jiyong, she couldn't deny that she misses her peaceful life before.

Dara looked around her room as she took a deep breath. "My toes are very ticklish. It feels creepy to be back here when just a month ago you and Seungri found out this place was infested with the Lair's spy cams."

"I know... I was really horrified. The cams were so tiny. But don't worry. I'm sure none was left. That Seungri might not show it but he always does a pretty good job." CL smirked. "Thinking about it, he's quite incredible."

"Jiyong said he's good in devices and explosives. Which explains the first time we met him."

CL's grin faded. "I don't recall any of that first time, Dara and I still feel bad about it."

Dara paused for a moment and looked at CL. Oh her bestfriend got a shot from Dongwook when they came back. How could she forget?

"I'm sorry..."

CL snorted and stood up. "I've moved granny back to the province. She's living with my aunt. I don't think I can guarantee her safety with the way things are going now."

"Chae..."

"Stop. Don't be sorry,"

Dara heaved a sigh and walked towards her bestfriend. "It's all my fault."

"I know. And it's all because of that stupid heart. It was because of that stupid heart why you got hurt before and now... I'm not saying I'm against Kwon. I'm just saying... Please. Be careful."

Dara flung her arms around CL and the latter rubbed her back.

"They should have met Dae by this moment." CL said. "Come you should get some sleep. Jiyong will come home in no time tomorrow. You shouldn't be staying late anymore especially now."

Dara pulled away and eyed Chaerin with scrutiny.

"What?" CL asked.

"Nothing." Dara shook her head. "Well... By any chance did Jiyong ask you to be like this... This caring... This... "

CL stiffened for a moment but she was quick to gain her composure. "Yah... Are you telling me I was never a caring friend to you until now? Wow." CL clutched her chest and faked a hurt expression. "Just... Wow. All these time?"

"No! No... It's just that... Why do I feel like you two are keeping something from me? And also... That kid... Mino back in Area 1. But Mino taking orders from Jiyong is quite normal though he once betrayed him. But then you two... "

"W-w-hat?" CL frowned at her. "Two who? Yah! You mean... Me and Kwon Jiyong??? Ah... Really!" CL huffed and blew her hair away from her face. "Hello! We are not yet on that level!"

Dara just squinted her eyes on CL.

"Look here, girl. We are not yet even close to getting to know each other or interrogate-your-bff's-boyfriend level. But I'm on my way to it. Once he comes back. He'll see..."

"He'll see... Hmmm. That sounds scary."

"I meant to sound scary." CL sneered before walking past her and tapping Dara's back. "Just gonna go get a shower. Wanna join me?"

"Silly," Dara laughed and shook her head and followed her crazy bestfriend with her gaze. She then sat down on her bed and fixed the blanket around Hayi.

"You've got to be a strong girl while mom's away. Be strong Hayi for the head of the Lair might be right. Life out here could really be a lot harsher than in Area 1."


**************


"She went out the balcony a couple of times. Seems like she's gonna do her old usual ways. Seems like she's waiting for you again. Ahh. Poor noona."

Jiyong threw his cigarette to the ground and stepped on it, raking his head in frustration. He adjusted his ear piece and took a deep breath before talking to Seungri once more.

"I told her to wait for me tomorrow before she visit her doctor, not tonight!"

"You can't blame her. You always make her wait for nothing,"

"Shut the up, rat."

"Anyways... I tapped her phone line. She made a schedule with a certain Dr. Goo Hye Sun in Medical Center."

"Any other calls she made?"

"She called up her nanny. Who was it again? Mrs. Hong?"

"Their house keeper."

"Yeah the old lady. She asked if there were people who looked for her. Damn hyung. I listened to a drama. The old lady kept crying."

Jiyong nodded, part of him relieved that Seungri was doing a good job in guarding Dara, but deep inside he felt sorry to her for going way beyond the norms and disturbing her privacy.

"Stay on guard," Jiyong told Seungri when he saw another car arriving at the empty parking lot of the old hospital. "Just keep looking around the entire perimeter." Jiyong ordered before ending the call.

"Jiyong, they're here," Youngbae straightened up from leaning back to the side of their car and knocked on the window. "Choi," he alerted Seunghyun and the man nodded.

It wasn't too long until they heard the other car's door slam shut and soon, two figures appeared right in front of them.

"Get that poor thing into his wheel chair," Jiyong told Youngbae as he tipped his head towards Seunghyun before lighting another cigarette stick.

"You made us wait," Jiyong lazily said when Daesung and Seungyoon stopped mid way. "It's been over an hour,"

"Now we're even. You made us wait the last time too." Daesung retorted. He walked a few more steps towards Jiyong some more while Seungyoon stayed on his spot behind him.

From where the two brothers were standing, they could make out Youngbae taking something from the car's compartment. Seungyoon squinted his eyes in the dark.

"Hyung... They couldn't have possibly tied him up and kept him in there, could they? " Seungyoon said but not too long his question was answered when Youngbae started helping Seunghyun out of the car.

"What the— CHIEF!!! " Seungyoon was about to run towards Seunghyun but Daesung was quick to stop him with an arm. "Hyung!" he turned to Daesung with confusion written all over his face.

"Stop the drama, Choi Seunghyun," Daesung was immobile but his gaze was on Seunghyun. He was mad at his best friend but the sight of Seunghyun sitting weakly on a wheel chair made him feel pity for him. He raked his hair and looked away, couldn't believe he has to deal with Seunghyun like this.

"Yah, Kwon Jiyong!" Daesung was mad at Seunghyun but he's even more mad upon seeing his friend in that situation. "What have you done to him? "

Jiyong ticked his tongue before taking a puff off his cigarette. He ignored Daesung and turned to Youngbae instead.

"Just hand him over, dude. Let them hug and kiss. We're outta here." He scratched his head irritably and turned around to get into the car.

"Not so fast Kwon!" Daesung quickly pointed his gun at Jiyong but Youngbae quickly drew his pistols in each of his hands, and aimed it at Daesung and Seungyoon respectively.

"Not so fast, Kang." Youngbae mumbled. "We've handed Choi over. Take him. We still have some other business to do,"

"Your business... " Daesung scoffed. "Your business comes from us. Or... Perhaps, you accept other orders from unauthorized people. Is that the business you were talking about? "

"Our lives do not only revolve around you and your orders, SIR," Youngbae's voice was filled with sarcasm. "You need us more than we need you."

"Don't waste your time, Youngbae. Let's go, " Jiyong said dismissively and was about to climb into the car when he heard Daesung's voice once more.

"I think otherwise, aid, especially now that there are people who know what you do besides your assignments here. And you are violating the agreement." Daesung said making Jiyong stop. "For example Choi Seunghyun. For example... Me. Or... Park Sandara—"

"What do you want? " Jiyong slammed the door shut and faced Daesung once more. "Tell me! Just leave Dara away from this !"

"Daesung, I know what you're thinking. Please stop right now." Seunghyun butted in.

"Of course you know everything, CHIEF! " Daesung scoffed. "You know everything we don't. I don't! How were you able to accept this system? How were you able to tolerate this? This is wrong! Look at what they have done to me! Look at you right now! The Commissioner General was right after all. The Lair needs to be eliminated! "

"So you wanna tell your superior about this? Go ahead! Let's see who gets out of this ing place first alive!" Jiyong drew his gun and aimed it at Seunghyun. "How about I make it easier for you to take him home?"

"Calm down! Calm the hell down, people! " Both sides went silent as Seungyoon ran in between and raised both of his hands, signalling them to stop. "Let's talk about this. Just calm down a bit, will you?"

Jiyong lowered his gun first and Seungyoon glared at his brother.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter