FIFTY

Confession

The sun is shining dazzlingly when Haneul prepares herself to the office. She applies herself a brush of blusher on her cheeks and tied her hair in a bun.

Meanwhile, at her father’s personal office room, which is in the house, her parents are busy talking with themselves.

“Lately, it has been really exhausting.” Mr.Kang sighed.

“You did too much stuff at once.” She commented.

“Its for our own good.” Mr.Kang continues to observe the graph on his laptop.

“There is a meeting with the major shareholders this weekend.” Mr. Kang let his wife know.

“Weekend? This weekend?” Mrs.Kang angrily exclaimed. “It is weekend for God’s sake! Take a break instead of letting all yourself out!” she continues.

“Honey,” he calls his wife.

“Don’t you remember what happens with Geum Ha? Every disastrous things came in as you keep chasing wealth!” his wife reminded him.

“What GeumHa did is unnecessary.” Mr.Kang coldly said.

“What you did is unnecessary.” The wife stood up from the chair upsettingly,”--He was falling in love with a girl and because she’s not at our level, you oppose it.” Mrs.Kang angered.

“And now she’s dead and our son is blaming his own parents for it.”

“Are you going to continue?” Mr.Kang asked, holding his fuming anger.

“Are you saying that I’m nagging right now?!” Mrs.Kang burst out loud.

“I didn’t say anything.” Mr.Kang said blatantly.

“I seriously annoyed right now.” Mrs. Kang ended up blowing her bangs frustratedly.

Mrs.Kang sat back on the couch while drinking a warm cup of green tea.

After a few minutes of silent, suddenly Mrs.Kang saw Mr.Kang grinning to himself.

“What so funny?” she asked angrily.

Earning no response from her husband, she went closer to see what was her husband looking at.

“Is the list so funny?” she asked again,

It is a list of the major shareholders that are going to attend the meeting on the weekends.

“Here, look properly.” Mr.Kang, who is still smiling pointed the list to his wife again.

Park Yoo Chan

“S-so what?” Mrs Kang stuttered, being flustered with the name.

“ I wonder when they become one of the major shareholders.” Mr.Kang scoffed.

“Don’t try to do anything funny.” Mrs.Kang warned.

“Ahh, I can’t wait for this weekend,” Mr. Kang yawned.

“Honey!!”

 

 

Haneul had just ended running down the stairs when suddenly her mother pulled her out the track.

“Oh, Mom. What’s the matter?” Haneul asked, startled with her Mom’s action.

“Are you still in contact with you ex-fiance ?” Mrs.Kang asked frivolously,

“W-why?”

“Just answer my question,” Mrs.Kang panted.

“I still have his number.”

“Call him, and ask him to stop everything that he is doing right now.”

“What are you talking about, Mom?” Haneul asked, after being flustered by her mother’s order.

“He is buying our shares and making himself one of our major shareholders! Your dad are not going to be easy on them!”

“What’s wrong in being the major shareholders? I don’t understand.”

“If they continues to buy our shares, they will take over our company. It is not something worrisome but I’m afraid that that your dad will play the game too. If your dad buys all of their shares, your dad will become their company’s major shareholder and take over them!” Mrs.Kang explained.

“R-really? Aish. This Park Chanyeol. I’ll tell him as soon as possible.” Haneul nodded.

She kissed her mother’s cheeks before leaving the house. As she walk out the house, she saw Namjoon standing in front of the gate.

“Mr.Kim, why your son is here?” Haneul asked her driver.

“Ignore him please, Miss Kang.” The driver bowed down low.

Haneul walked forward to the gate and tapped Namjoon’s shoulder.

“Anything?” she asked.

“Can I borrow some money?” Namjoon carefully asked her.

“Of course you can.” Haneul smiled.

“It will be a lot.”

“How much do you need?”

“Around 10 000 000 won.”

Haneul gulped down her saliva.

“What do you need to pay for that much money?” Haneul stuttered, in disbelief.

“I’m sorry, but I’m in state of emergency.”

“Namjoon, go back home right now!” the driver ordered.

“Haneul, please—“

“KIM NAMJOON!”

“Jimin is sick.” Namjoon finally spill it out.”--Bangtan had hard time to look for money. We are desperate.”

“Why is he sick?” Haneul asked.

“He had—I can’t tell you” Namjoon again lowers his head.

“Look, I can’t give you that much of money. But I will try to help. Right now, I really had to go to the office and settle my work. Sorry, Namjoon.” Haneul apologised, and rushingly gets into the car.

“Get back home.” The driver hissed to the son.

 

 

As the journey to the office was extremely silent, it reminds Haneul what her mother had told her back at the mansion. She took out her phone and dialled Chanyeol’s number.

“Hey,” he greeted.

“What are you trying to do?” Haneul asked.

“Do what?” Chanyeol was dumbfounded.

“Look, I know what have you been doing, please stop.” She begged.

“I don’t understand.”

“Stop buying my shares and sell all of them.” Haneul said.

“I didn’t buy anything.”

“Look, your company now are trying to take over mine-“

“Haneul, I think you had been misunderstood.” Chanyeol cut her off, “ Right now, I’m not in charge. It’s my dad.”

“ Y-your dad?”

“Yeah. I don’t take over his seat permanently. He is strong enough and he’s back.”

“Sorry.” She apologised, “ Whatever it is, stop buying the shares. My dad will going to do something.”

“I don’t know what he is up to, but I’ll try.” Chanyeol sighed.

And the line was cut off before Haneul could bid him farewell,

 

 

“Hey, Yeol. I’ve registered your name.” Baekhyun nudged his buddy' shoulder.

“Thanks.”

“You’ve made the right decision.” Baekhyun patted his back proudly.

“Hopefully.”

“Guess they are excited to see us!” Baekhyun exclaimed.