TWENTY TWO

Confession

It was the rehearsal for the graduation ceremony and it was unfortunate for Ha Neul was behind Kai, since she failed her grades on the last exam.

"What luck!" Kai exclaimed, obivously in sarcasm.

"What luck!"  Ha Neul mimicked.

She ignored Kai and stayed focus on the rehearsal. But how can she? Kai was busy chattering, trying to pick her attention and he was also pulling her hair, making her annoyed.

"What do you actually want?!" Ha Neul grunted,

"I just want to hear your voice." Kai smiled.

Whats wrong with this kid.

"Woah. Since when did she had a watch like that?" Kai exclaimed, pointing to Yoon Ah.

Ha Neul saw it too. The watch at Yoon Ah's wrist is indeed not cheap. Its branded. Its expensive. Its not that she looked down on Yoon Ah, but Yoon Ah just told her that her dad got fired and they got kicked out. Did Yoon Ah spend the money that Ha Neul gave her. No. It could not be.

"Stop looking down on commoner like us." Ha Neul said.

"Well, I'm not actually looking down, just impressed. I thought commoner like you need to work overtime to support your family." Kai explained.

Family. Her family. Oh, stop, Ha Neul. Think positive.


It was lunch. Ha Neul was searching for Yoon Ah, and she found her at the cashier, buying lunch?!

"Yoon Ah." Ha Neul whispered, as she appears Yoon Ah.

"Oh, Ha Neul!" Yoon Ah exclaimed, almost dropping her tray.

"You.. look so hungry." Ha Neul said, almost sounds sarcastic.

"I, I... I am hungry." Yoon Ah lowered her gaze.

"No, no. Its okay, I'm just asking."

"I know you want your money back! " Yoon Ah gasped.

"No, I don't. I'm just asking, because you looks like you have been starving for days." Ha Neul explained.

"No, I don't. I do not starve for days." Yoon Ah dragged herself to a table.

"Please keep this as a secret." Yoon Ah took out her pinky finger.

"What?"

" I work until 4am yesterday."

"What!?" Ha Neul exclaimed.

"I have to, Ha Neul. You need to understand. I need to support my family."

"But it seems to be very difficult and you are obviously having a hard time! "

"Just chill, Ha Neul. I'm fine." Yoon Ah smiled,

I'm fine, as long as I have you.


Jimin is not the guy who always goes to recess. His financial status aren't giving him any chances. He lean himself on the wall, plucking earphones, and close his eyes, blend himself with the melody. Within seconds, his earphones were pulled out by someone.

"Yah."

"LEE HYERI!" he exclaimed.

"Quick." Hyeri pouted,

"What?" Jimin scratched his head, not knowing what is happening.

"I'm hungry." Hyeri stomped her feet.

Jimin put his hand into his pockets and found a few bucks, which is enough for one meal per person.

"Let me buy it for you." Jimin smiled, awkwardly.

"No. Give me the money, and I'll buy it myself." Hyeri said,

"Never mind, I don't want to exhaust you," Jimin sneakily said, as he want to borrow someone else money, without Hyeri knowing.

"Just give me the money, will you!" Hyeri shouted.

Jimin had to give up. He shamelessly give that small amount of money towards Hyeri.

"This is all you've got?" Hyeri raises her eyebrows.

Jimin nodded, cursing himself for being poor.

"Fine then." Hyeri sighed.


Minutes later, Hyeri arrived, with two hotdogs and carbonated drinks in her hand.

"Oh my god! Can you bring it, Hyeri?!" Jimin exclaimed, worrying that Hyeri might trip.

"Of course I can't! Help me then!!" Hyeri grunted,

Jimin took the hotdogs, and brought it to the bench, signalling Hyeri to sit down.

Hyeri sat herself on the bench, wiping her sweat on the forehead.

Jimin stares the hotdogs. Only a few bucks can afford the 2, not one, 2! hotdogs with drinks.

"Here, take this." Hyeri took Jimin's hand and return the money back.

"H-h-how?" Jimin stuttered, frozen upon the money.

"I bring extra money, for us."

For us? Jimin froze.

"Well, this is, umm, maybe my farewell gift."

"Farewell gift? Where are you going?" Jimin started to panic.

"Don't get so panic! Its time to graduate you silly! We might not seeing each other anymore!"Hyeri laugh, but it seems a bit awkward.

Jimin sense that Hyeri almost cried.

"Hey, hey. Are you crying?" Jimin asked, cupping Hyeri's chin.

"No, I'm not!" Hyeri denied, when actually a drop of tear flows down through her cheeks.

"Aww, such a cutie!!" Jimin pinched Hyeri cheeks, can't believe that Lee Hyeri that he cares so much, cares about him too.

"Stop doing that!" Hyeri slapped Jimin's back.

"Thanks, for acknowledge my presence." Jimin smiled.

Out of the blue, Jimin's heart skip a beat. A peck of kiss on the cheeks were given by Hyeri, unexpectedly.

"Thanks, for making me feeling like a queen."


Ha Neul was folding the graduation robes, when Jungkook approaches her.

"Hey," he greeted

"Wanna help?" Ha Neul asked, although she knew Jungkook won't ever intend to do so.

"No, thanks. I think I have broken my hand," Jungkook bluffed,

"Oh, really? I hope it will become true." Ha Neul cursed.

"Whatever, back to the real thing." Jungkook starts to get serious.

"About what?"

"Im Yoon Ah."

Ha Neul starts to feel uneasy.

"What is it?"

"The watch. I don't know where the hell did sshe get the watch. She couldn't afford it."

Well, thats true.

" She told me that its her birthday gift, from her mother." Jungkook explained,

"But her birthday is months away," Ha Neul blurted.

"Bingo! Her birthday is months away." Jungkook snapped his fingers.

"Another thing is, she went for recess, and she choked down a lot of food! Burgers, noodles, where the hell she got the money!" Jungkook grunted, feeling curious as ever.

Well, my money, I guess. Ha Neul sighed.

"And, lastly, I caught her doing something." Jungkook sighed.

"Doing what?"

"Last night," Jungkook stopped, and exhaled.

Ha Neul was nervous as well. She felt...

"I saw her going into a club, with another guy."

 I work until 4am yesterday.

Betrayed.