FORTY EIGHT

Confession

Haneul is sobbing endlessly when Chanyeol enters the shop in a rush. He is at shocked seeing Haneul on the floor, looking so much weak.

“What happen?” Chanyeol asked worriedly, as he knelt next to Haneul.

“Just now, some gang just visited and harassed Haneul. Luckily no one is hurt.” Jisun explained.

“Are you okay?” Chanyeol asked,

Haneul who just realized that Chanyeol has arrived, quickly went into his chest and burst all her tears out.

“I’m so scared,” Haneul sobbed, “- I’m really scared..”

Chanyeol caressed her shiny black locks softly, trying to calm her down.

The more he tried to calm her down, the tighter she clenched into his shirt, showing how scared she was.

“I’ll bring her some water to calm her down.” Jisun said, being very worried.

“It is okay. I’ll take her out somewhere to keep her calm. Maybe she is traumatized.” Chanyeol said nicely, without any intentions to hurt Jisun's feelings.

“Oh, okay. Please take care of her.” Jisun reminded him.

Chanyeol carefully holding firmly both of Haneul’s sobbing shoulder with both of his hand, guiding her into his car.


The drive to nowhere was entirely silent. Chanyeol could not utter anything with Haneul who was deep into the surroundings during their drive. After a while, Chanyeol halted to a stop.

Haneul was grasped with a shock. Her eyes were wide open, and it scares the hell of Chanyeol when she turned to face him.

“I-I’m sorry.” Chanyeol apologised, “—I just want you to get out of your deep gaze.”

Haneul lowered her head regretfully.

“Where are we?”

Haneul scanned her surroundings, which looks familiar.

“Outside of Kai’s mansion.”

Haneul leaned her back towards the seat. It has been a week since Kai’s departure and she did not get any contact with him since she sulked with him for getting scolded by her dad. However, deep inside, she was missing him, to bug her life.

“I bet Kai will beat those guys earlier into ashes. He will search them until he got them into his hands, and told them that you’re his.” Chanyeol snickered, with a thin-folded lips, showing a smile.

“But, I can’t do that.” Chanyeol lowered his head in embarrassment.

“Kai is stronger than me albeit the fact that I’m taller than him.” Chanyeol sighed.

“He’s got even more courage in him to take those guys down than myself.” Chanyeol chuckled in disbelief.

“I know I’m a coward, but still, I don’t want to lose you.” Chanyeol faced Haneul with hope.

“Then get over it.” Haneul coldly replied, with her eyes staring her front.

“Unless you want me to run to Jongin.” Haneul threatened, “—I mean in case  they came again, who will be my knight in shining armour since you said that you didn’t have courage as big as Jongin’s?”

“He can’t protect me since he’s in Oxford, but you are here, and you still can’t take down those bastards.” Haneul gritted her teeth in anger, as she was reminded the incident that happened a while ago.

“I’m sorry, I should have been there earlier.” Chanyeol deeply apologised.

“See?” Haneul exclaimed, “—Even fate puts you a few minutes later before the incident.”

“ The fate obviously shows that we are not meant to be together, Chanyeol.” Haneul sighed.

“I do not want to let you go,” Haneul muttered, until she started sobbing. “—But I was really scared a moment ago. I seriously hoped that you guys, especially you would come and rescued me. Everyone just watching and did nothing. I almost got , Chanyeol. My dignity is almost torn into pieces.” Haneul sobbed.

Chanyeol was broken when he saw Haneul’s despair expression. He could not help but put himself in guilt. He immediately brought Haneul into his embrace and let her tears wetted his shirt.


Chanyeol lied onto his bed with his right hand under his head, getting the role of a pillow. He stared the ceiling, wondering what will happen if he came into the incident on the right timing?

He wished that he could help her and come a bit earlier.

Kai.

He must had been disappointed if he know this. But he is the master in this condition. Chanyeol felt like he needed to refers to Kai in case of anything happens again towards Haneul.

Chanyeol grabbed his phone and dialled Kai’s number.

“Hello?”

Chanyeol sniffled a laughter when he heard Kai’s voice echoes through the phone in English.

“Hey,” Chanyeol greeted.

“Who’s this?” Kai asked, seemingly not recognized with Chanyeol’s voice.

“Its me, Yeol.”

“Hey, man! What’s up!” Kai greeted excitedly.

“Fine, you?” Chanyeol laughed.

“Damn. You don’t know how much the Whites hate me. Their eyes like piercing through me like they are going to stab me in the heart you know. I even got a White roommate. Life , dude.” Kai blabbled.

“So, how’s my girl?” Kai eagerly asked.

“OUR girl.” Chanyeol corrected.

“Pfft, OUR girl. Which dude rather shares their girl?” Kai groan in disbelief. “—So tell me about her. She doesn’t even updates her SNS you know.” Kai grumbled.

“She got harassed this evening.” Chanyeol sighed.

“She got—what?!” Kai shrieked loudly that it could deafened Chanyeol’s ears.

“Harassed.” Chanyeol exhaled a sigh even louder to show that he is also sad hearing the news.

“How can it be—I mean why—I—Why aren’t you there?” Kai stopped, feeling very weird for Chanyeol who promised to take care of Haneul.

“Damn you, Kai.” Chanyeol cursed.

“W-why are you damn-ing me right now Mr.Park?” Kai asked, holding his anger.

“I was late, okay! When I arrived, those bastard had already gone away!” Chanyeol gruntled his anger, raising his voice through the phone.

“Do you know those s?” Kai asked.

“No. I don’t.”

“If I got to Seoul right now, I’ll chopped their heads off their body and crushed them—“

“Can you go back now?” Chanyeol finally begged.

“W-what? Go back? Now? Man, it has been literally a week I’ve stayed here, and you want me to go back?” Kai scoffed.

“Then, what should I do!? I…” Chanyeol let his hands went through his hair, frustrated.

“You what?” Kai asked,

“I don’t trust myself.” Chanyeol uttered in a humble manner.

Chanyeol could hear Kai grunted a bit on the phone.

“Listen. As soon as I finish my business here, maybe not soon, of course it will take years of my life, I’ll claim her as mine, got it?” Kai reminded,

“Right now, it is your job to make sure she’ll arrive in my hands safely as she is.” Kai ordered.

“Excuse me, Mr. Kim. Who are you to order me around, and claiming MY Haneul as yours?” Chanyeol grunted.

“I thought you have given her up.” Kai snickered.

“And here I am, calling you asking for advice.” Chanyeol slammed his forehead.

“Thanks for calling, dude.” Kai laughed, “I’ve been—a bit lonely I guess.” Kai sighed in despair.

“They are really treating you bad?” Chanyeol asked, concerning about his friend.

“They are seriously deceiving me, like not only me. All the Asians you know.” Kai recounted.

“And by the way,”

“Hmm?” Chanyeol raised his eyebrows without him realizing it.

“I missed you dude.” Kai confessed.

“I missed you, Haneul, Sehun, Joonmyeon. God only knows how awful is it here.” Kai sighed.

“Well, I’ve gotta go. Football incoming.” Kai muttered.

“See you soon.” Chanyeol bid farewell.

And the line goes off.