THIRTY FOUR

Confession

“Quick, get out! You are seriously making me angry!!” Ha Neul angered as Kai keeps on picking her about her past with her brother Geum Ha.

“Come on, have fun with it!” Geum Ha laughed, as he saw the red face of Ha Neul.

“Out! Out of my house!” Ha Neul shouted while shoving off Kai from her brother’s room.

“Fine, fine, I’ll get out!” Kai giggled, getting enjoyed with Ha Neul’s rage.

“Let’s go to my place, Jong In. We’ll have a good time!” Geum Ha invited.

“Cool hyung!” Kai agreed while showing two thumbs up.

As the three of them heads towards the exit, at the same time Mrs.Kang just got back.

“Oh, Mum just got back.” Ha Neul blurted.

Kai saw Geum Ha rolled his eyes, and he sensed something wrong in the family.

“Oh, Geum Ha! Where are you going? Aren’t you going to stay for lunch?” Mrs.Kang asked, with eyes looking very eager.

“Kai, let’s go eat somewhere else.” Geum Ha ignored the question.

As soon as Geum Ha and Kai the engine, they went off leaving Mrs.Kang in hurt.

“Mum, get in. Ignore him.” Ha Neul hugged her mother.


“Don’t you have anything to do?” Hyeri asked.

Hyeri was in the midst of finding a job while waiting for her college applicants to be accepted. But, as always, there is always Jimin sticking with her.

“Yes, which is to be with you.” Jimin beamed, foolishly.

“Can you find a job or better things to do except being with me? When are you going to enrol in your college by the way?” Hyeri grunted.

“Until you enrol first.” Jimin replied, while looking at the kites selling at the streets.

“Ugh.”

Hyeri ignored Jimin and walked away. Then, something caught her eye.

“Oh, what is this?” Hyeri mumbled.

Hyeri saw a piece of advertisement which was sticking on the notice board near the road.

GANGNAM KCORP MALL

WE ARE SEARCHING FOR

  • SALESGIRL
  • CASHIER

IT WILL MAY BE PART TIME OR A FULL TIME JOB. THE INTERVIEW WILL BE HELD ON XX/XX/XX.

ANY INFO, YOU MAY REFER TO THE MALL OR CALL XX-XXXXXXX-XX. THANK YOU.

 

“Jimin! The interview is tomorrow!” Hyeri jumped excitedly.

“Are you going to apply for it?” Jimin asked, while reading the handout.

“Are you seriously asking? Of course I am!” Hyeri angered, slamming the paper on Jimin.

“I know you can do it!” Jimin hugged Hyeri in excitement.

“People are looking!” Hyeri hardly pushed Jimin away, although she like the warm embrace and also, Jimin’s presence surrounding her.

Jimin is her only friend. Her only bestfriend. Her only boyfriend. No one was ever as funny as him. No one was ever as loyal as him. She was grateful to have Jimin by her side. But, of course, she have to play tough, to avoid Jimin being so clingy to her.


“So, tomorrow Ha Neul, you will follow me to the mall.” Mr.Kang announced as they were having a dinner.

“Tomorrow?” Ha Neul gulped down the food she ate.

“Yes, tomorrow.” Mr.Kang sternly said.

“Isn’t it too soon, dad?” Ha Neul try to protest.

“Nothing is too soon. You had promised and you must fulfil it.” Mr.Kang put down his fork and spoon.

“Yeah, I acknowledge that. But you know, I should at least learn something about business, or maybe accountancy?” Ha Neul suggested.

“Honey, your dad had arranged everything for you. Classes, lectures, meetings, everything had been arranged honey.” Mrs.Kang explained.

“Well, I felt relieved, a little.” Ha Neul exhaled

“Tomorrow morning, okay darling?” Mr.Kang smiled,

“Okay, dad.” Ha Neul agreed, forcefully.


That night,

“Yeah, I’m going to the office for the first time tomorrow.” Ha Neul sighed, towards Chanyeol who was calling her.

“Oh, really? Good luck then!” Chanyeol happy virus can be felt spreading into Ha Neul;s ears.

“Well, I’m a bit nervous. First timers. So, everything is fine there?” Ha Neul asked.

“Well, the work seemed to be reduced, only a few documents left to be sign, other than that, everything is fine.”

“Wow, I’m glad for you. I’m sure you’ll have a good rest tonight.” Ha Neul smiled.

“Of course, especially I;m going to sleep after talking to you.” Chanyeol confessed.

Ha Neul heaved a sigh.

What is Chanyeol doing? Is Chanyeol confessing? Why is Chanyeol confusing her? Why Chanyeol kept on making her heart flutters? Don’t he realize that both of them are only friends? F.R.I.E.N.D.S.

“Chanyeol.” Ha Neul said,

“Hmm?” he replied.

“We are friends, right?” Ha Neul asked, cautiously.

“O-of.. course.” Chanyeol replied.

“So, goodnight.” Ha Neul wished, although she sensed some hesitant in Chanyeol's voice.

“Sweet dreams to you.” Chanyeol replied and the call ended.


Along the way towards the mall, Ha Neul was getting nervous and nervous. She was sweating although the AC is turn on. Her hands was trembling very hard since it was obvious.

“Ha Neul, calm down. There is nothing to worry about.” Mr.Kang hold her hand, trying to calm her down.

“I’m fine, dad. Absolutely fine.” Ha Neul lied.

As they arrived, there were line ups of the workers greeting them, which was awkward for Ha Neul.

“Morning, Mr,Kang.” They greeted with a beautiful smile.

Ha Neul’s was looking down, because everything was rare for her Nothing is usual. She felt as if she was going to run away if she was given the permission to. As they reached the centre of the mall, Mr.Kang stop.

“Why?” Ha Neul asked, surprised with the brake.

“Ha Neul. Heads up. Show them who you are.” Mr.Kang whispered.

“O-Okay.” Ha Neul gulped down bitterly her saliva.

They reached the office, and meet the secretary.

“Hello Mr.Kang, oh! Hello, Ms.Ha Neul!” she greeted both of them.

“Well, Ha Neul this is Miss Song. She is my secretary, and she will be a good guider for you.” Mr.Kang introduced.

“So, Mr.Kang. Your schedule today is, the interview, meeting for the project in Jeju Island, meeting with the ambassador of the cosmetic product..”

Ha Neul had goosebump as she hears the schedule. How is she going to handle it once she replace her father? She is going to be so busy, and what worse, she will be very miserable!

“So, lets head to the interview first.” Miss Song invited.

“I’m involved?” Ha Neul asked,

“Of course you are!”

Oh, I feel like I’m going to vomit.


From: Jimin

I can’t accompany you today, I can’t reject Namjoon’s father invitation towards their lunch. But don’t worry, when you’re done, text me! Good luck, hwaiting!

Curse you, Jimin. Hyeri mumbled.

Hyeri and Ha Neul had no difference. Both of them are really nervous. Hyeri’s feet could not stop shaking since she sat down on the chair at the waiting room. Cold sweats starts to pour. She was really furious as she scanned the room that everyone was calm except her.

“God, please calm me down!” she prayed.

She is only going to apply for the salesgirl position, nothing is required for that, right?


Ha Neul sat next to her father.She chilled down a bit since she talked to the secretary for a while. She took a look at the names and she caught a name.

Lee Hyeri? Impossible, right?

After 1 hour of interviewing, Ha Neul get used to it and she starts to feel comfortable. Then,

“Ha Neul, I’m going to attend a meeting, hope you can handle it.” Mr.Kang tapped Ha Neul’s back, leaving the room.

“D-dad!” Ha Neul squeaked, controlling her voice, to respect other managers who were also the judges.

“Don’t worry, everything will be fine.” Miss Song smiled.

“Hopefully,” Ha Neul muttered, as the butterflies came back again.


“Miss Lee Hyeri! Its your turn!”

“E—h?! O—Okay.” Hyeri stuttered.

She packed her files and walked nervously towards the room. As she turned the knob and walked into the room, not only her jaw drop, her files too!

K-Kang Ha Neul?! What is she doing here!  Hyeri mumbled, while collecting her files.

It is seriously Lee Hyeri. Ha Neul closed with both of her hands.