FORTY NINE

Confession

The usual spots of the ChanBaek besties are always at the Starbucks.

“I told her that I’m a coward.” Chanyeol uttered, without making an eye contact with Baekhyun as he was embarrassed.

Baekhyun, who was slurping his Iced Americano immediately spitted out the content that just filled his mouth. He was indeed lucky that it didn’t hit Chanyeol. Almost.

“You are such a disgraced.” Chanyeol cursed.

Immediately, Baekhyun started laughing nonsensically.

“Baekhyun,” Chanyeol hissed, trying to put Baekhyun’s laugh to a stop.

But, unfortunately it did not work.

“You are not helping.” Chanyeol grunted

A few minutes passed by and finally Baekhyun came back to his sense.

Suddenly, Baekhyun slammed the table very loud, gaining attention from the customers in the café.

“ Why the hell did you told her that you are a coward?! It is not even you fault! Not a slightest bit!” Baekhyun angered his friend.

“ She is considered lucky that she has someone to comfort her! Come on, dude!” Baekhyun frowned.

“I am a coward.” Chanyeol muttered, with his gaze fixed into Baekhyun’s.

“You know what,” Baekhyun folded his arms into his chest, moving forward to Chanyeol,

“You are just like a loser.”

 

 

Back at the gym, Sehun and Joonmyeon are busy working their bodies out.

“Hey, you know, Kai is not here anymore.” Sehun panted, as he running on the treadmills.

“So?” while Junmyeon is wiping his sweats as he leans on one of the treadmills.

“When are you going to Cambridge?” Sehun asked,still running.

Junmyeon was startled a bit towards Sehun’s question.

“Cambridge?” Junmyeon raised his eyebrows.

“Yeah, Cambridge.” Sehun finally stopped running and turned off his machine.

“Look, those girls are drooling just looking at you.” Junmyeon pouted his mouth, pointing towards two girls who unconsciously staring at them.

“Stop getting off the topic, Junmyeon.” Sehun nudged his shoulder.

“Soon.” Junmyeon sighed.

“Soon, but when?”

“When are you going to enrol?”

“Maybe in two weeks?” Sehun raked his hand through his sweaty hair, which earned a few squeals from the girls.

“ I already got the admission letter, and my flight is in a few days.” Junmyeon wiped his hand,

“So, I’m going to lose you in a few days?” Sehun asked, throwing the towel into the basket.

“Guess so.” Junmyeon sighed,

“I can’t wait to dance.” Sehun slammed Junmyeon’s shoulder in excitement,

“I can’t wait to build stuffs.” Junmyeon washed his face.

“Maybe I need your favour to build my own mansion one day.” Sehun grinned.

“Maybe I’ll need you to dance on my wedding.” Junmyeon smirked.

“Oooh. Wedding.” Sehun mocked, “— So mature.”

“If you got yourself a girl first, I swear that I’ll teased you till the day I die.” Junmyeon twists Sehun’s ear.

“It hurts!”

“Wonder what Kai is doing right now.” Junmyeon mumbled while going into the shower.

 

 

It has been a week since Suga keep fetching on Hyeri after work. It also means that it has been a week since Hyeri met Jimin.

While walking through the roads, Hyeri was being impatient, or curious, in need to know where Jimin’s location right now.

“Hey, aren’t you going to tell me where he is right now?” Hyeri nudged Suga’s shoulder.

But, in reply, Suga just grunted in annoyance.

“You are really a quiet person aren’t you.” Hyeri glared Suga angrily as she stopped on her tracks.

Seeing that Hyeri is not walking with him, Suga turned back, only to see Hyeri glaring him like a hungry beast.

“Be quick. Its getting dark.” Suga grabbed Hyeri’s wrist, in order to make her move.

“Let go!” Hyeri struggled to let her wrist go and she succeeded.

“Only Jimin can touch me.” Hyeri grumbled, as she rubbed her pained wrist.

“Stop being immature, can you?” Suga warned.

“How can I even trust you, saying that Jimin asked you to bring me back home?!!” Hyeri exclaimed.

“Don’t make a fuss here.” Suga gritted his teeth, holding his anger.

But, Hyeri still stomped her foot, like a kid in the middle of the street.

“I want Jimin!!!” she cried, like a girl wanting her doll.

Suga, who is very patient holding his anger, took out his phone and dialled someone’s number.

“Hope, get him on!” Suga hissed, “--Just get him on!!” Suga raised his voice a bit higher.

Then, Suga held his phone over to Hyeri, who was pouting, seeking for sympathy.

“H-Hello?” Hyeri stuttered.

“Hey,”

Jimin’s soothing voice greets her as sweet as the candy. Returning back to her conscious, she scolded Jimin.

“Yah, you pabo-yah. Where the heck are you? Why are you ordering your sickening henchman to pick me up from work? Not only once, but every single day! Are you trying to breaking up things  with me because you are tired of me already?!”

Hyeri could hear Jimin giggled in the phone, until suddenly she could hear him coughing badly afterwards.

“Hey, are you alright?” Hyeri cracks into a worried tone.

But, no response indeed.

“Hey, Park Jimin. Are you— “

“I’m fine.” Jimin replied.

“Then, why are you coughing so bad?” Hyeri asked,

“I just, caught a fever this week.” Jimin explained.

“Fever? How bad is it!” Hyeri began to yell.

Suddenly, Suga grab the phone in her hand roughily.

“Your condition is not in favour for you to talk with her. Have a good rest.” Suga advised befoe he cuts the line off.

“Yah, you—“

“I'll prove it to you. So, can you remain silent?” Suga raised  his eyebrows.

“Aye, aye sir!”

And being the good girl who keep her promises, she also hums to her favourite melodies during the journey.