FIVE

Confession

Ha Neul walked home while thinking about Ji Min's action back at school tomorrow. Will he spill it, or not? That question keep wondering in her head. She blame herself for being clumsy. But, thats the only way to save herself. Right? As she about to arrive home, she saw her older brother enter the house. She fasten her pace and entered the house.

"Oppa!" she squeaked.

Geum Ha turns his head around and saw his one and only sister standing at the door while waving excitedly. But when he calls back that his sister will be the next heir of KCorp, his gaze turns furious and he glared her.

"Well, long time no see, right? You know oppa, I'm doing great at school!" Ha Neul informed, awkwardly.

"Huh. Even if you didn't, you'll still get the throne, stupid." he scoffed.

"For your information, oppa. I don't want that throne." Ha Neul firmly said.

"Whatever, liar. You betrayer. I can't believe you're my sis." he provoked.

"What the hell is wrong with you, oppa? Why you easily get mad with me when you can discuss with dad? Its your fault dad lost trust in you. Not mine, though. Whatever, bro. I can't believe you're my brother either." Ha Neul replied back.

She didn't hate her brother. Not even a bit. But she don't want her brother to think that everything is her fault. She don't want her brother think she's weak either. She want to look strong.

Oppa, I miss you.


The next day of school went silent, which was not what Ha Neul expected. Everyone looked at her normally.

"Kang Ha Neul. Your relationship with Jong In aren't serious right?" Yoon Ah asked, startling Ha Neul over.

"W-what?" she stuttered.

"No, I mean that, did you guys really dated? It seems like you aren't."Yoon Ah confessed

"Well, I'm---" she stopped when she saw Ji Min walked through the corridors.

She follow his trail and went to his class.

"Hey, Ji Min!" she snapped Ji Min's shoulder.

"The heck-"

"Keep your mouth shut." Ha Neul warned.

"What? Oh you."

"Don't spill the beans, or I'll make Namjoon's life as hell." she warned.

Ji Min clenched his fist, holding in anger.

"You're one tough cutie pie." Ji Min uttered, while putting his shoulder around Ha Neul's waist.

"Get your hands off me." she grunted.

"So, you ditch me first, Kang Ha Neul?" a hoarse voice suddenly appeared.

"Jong In!" Ha Neul's eyes went wide when she saw Jong In was right behind them, curling up a smirk.

"As expected." Jong In moves Ha Neul aside and went to his seat.

Ha Neul was panicked and stood infront of Jong In desk.

"Its not what you think!" she explained.

"I thought I will ditch you first." Jong In blurted.

"What?" Ha Neul said blankly.

"As expected, you poor country nerdy dirty . Less than one week, you ditch me. Who could expect this?" he scoffed.

"I DIDN'T DITCH YOU." Ha Neul firmly said.

"Congratulations, Kang Ha Neul. You succeed on amaze me." Jong In clapped.

Ha Neul was left in confusion.

Did the guy was overly jealous, or he can't wait to get rid of me? And he called me poor dirty . He is the poor dirty right here. Not knowing who I am. Never mind. Maybe he is not in the good mood. Ha Neul calmed herself down and walk herself back to class.


"Woho, Kang Ha Neul! A bit commotion back there right?" Jungkook asked, as he approached Ha Neul.

"Shut up." Ha Neul sighed.

"You seem pissed." Jungkook teased.

"No, I'm not." Ha Neul defend herself.

"I know your relationship won't last long." Jungkook snickered,

"You don't know a thing, Jeon Jungkook." Ha Neul muttered.

"Just break up will you? As a friend, I would like not to see you fall down hard on love." Jungkook teasingly said.

"Friend, my ." Ha Neul muttered.


School ended. To get Jong In's heart, she decided to cling onto him, like he expected her to do. She followed his trail until he arrived at his bike. Jong In stared Ha Neul weirdly.

"What do you want?" he asked, while holding onto his helmet.

"I want to follow you." Ha Neul nodded, beaming like an innocent girl.

"I thought we're done." Jong In snickered.

"No, we're not." Ha Neul leisurely said.

"Yes, we are. Get lost."

"We are not done, unless I say so." Ha Neul smirked, as she get on Jong In's bike, and grabbing another helmet for herself.

"Up to you." Jong In smirked.

Let's play this game, again. Kang Ha Neul.


They arrived at a high-class cafe where Jong In's friends are there. They were all were shocked seeing Ha Neul's image in a school uniform. It seems so different. Hair tied like a ponytail, skirt just right on her knee, no make-up trace on her face, even lip balm or compact powder. So... normal?

"Look who we got here." Sehun started the conversation.

"Seems like you guys got here early." Jong In sighed, getting himself a seat on the comfy couch.

Ha Neul didn't lose the chance to take a seat next to him. She even did not let an inch breaks them apart.

"Can you at least give me space?" Jong In annoyingly asked, staring at Ha Neul who is clinging to him like a koala hanging to its tree.

"Okay." Ha Neul just moved, at least half an inch, to give Jong In space.

"You seriously getting the nerves on me." Jong In warned.

"You bring me into this game." Ha Neul smirked.

"What a lovely couple we got here." teased JunMyeon.

"Shut your mouth." Jong In glared JunMyeon.

"Oops." JunMyeon smirked, with his both hands up.

"So, what brings you here, Miss Ha Neul?" Sehun asked

"Doing my right as a girlfriend." Ha Neul said, while smirking at Jong In.

"She's crazy." Jong In mouthed at Sehun and JunMyeon, while Ha Neul saw it.

"I'm not crazy, yet. You made this y trap and both of us fell into it. Just who will escape, we don't know." Ha Neul grinned.

"You ridiculous ." Jong In cursed.

The situation became awkward, and Jong In's friend grew tired of it. Its getting dark and they decided to call it off.

"Already going back home?" Ha Neul asked.

"You can stay here if you want. I will be glad for you" Jong In sarcastically said.

"Thats funny because I already stay in your heart." Ha Neul replied, with a wink.

"Oh my god! What a pick up line!" JunMyeon gasped, showing gestures that he wanted to throw up.

"Oh, what a sweet girlfriend you are!" Sehun cooed.

"So, you guys are not hanging out tonight?" Ha Neul asked.

"Yes, we are!" JunMyeon purposely exposed it to Ha Neul.

Jong In glared him.

"But of course, without you." Jong In blurted out.

"With me." Ha Neul corrected Jong In.

"Don't you dare." Jong In warned.

"I'm your girlfriend after all. Why not?" Ha Neul raised her eyebrows, seeing Jong In in defeat.

"Ciao." Ha Neul bids farewell as she went back home, leaving JunMyeon and Sehun giggling, looking at Jong In's lost.

"I like her." Sehun blurted out.

"Then take her out from my life." Jong In pushed Sehun aside.

"Then I'll hate her as much as you hate her." Sehun scoffed.

We'll see if she survive the night. You're dead Kang Ha Neul.