Chapter Two

Mission 1: Smile
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Two

Sometimes I get sick of it. Always being the one to think about her reputation first and everything else later. Perceptibly, I love to be the centre of attention. I like it when I’m noticed and I like it when I’m envied. So when someone does the opposite of that, I get angry, which is why I want to keep my reputation intact and not worry about anything else.

So the moment I met Jung Daehyun, on March 3rd in the year of 2013 (yes, I remember in detail, don’t judge), I erupted like a volcano. But I was somehow inquisitive about him; he had this kind of mysterious feel to him, causing me to want to know more about him. However, he never talked, and hid behind his mask, so he became an Invisible and the top of the food chain was never to friendly interact with any of them – it was a rule.

I turned to face the front of the classroom and looked bored as ever. The teacher finally came to school after 14 minutes.

I never listen in class, well I never listen in English, Science, and Math, plus History and Geography. I never thought it was that important for my future; I already knew the basics so there really wasn’t a reason to keep on learning nonsense.

Daehyun was the same. However, unlike me, he actually got good grades. He never listens in class nor looks to the front of the classroom. All he ever does is look outside of the window, it’s like he’s captivated by it. I don’t get it. He’s an A+ student but never actually listens in class. I don’t know why he even goes to school.

“Ae Hwa, can you please answer this question for me?” the teacher called for me and handed me the chalk, breaking my train of thought.

I looked at him in astonishment. Why me of all people? I thought. I firmly slammed my hands on the desk and stood up. I saw Sae Ri holding a piece of paper, indicating for me to get it, so I did. While walking to the front of the room, I looked inside the piece of paper – it was the answer.

I smiled and started writing whatever was on the paper.

If you haven’t guessed already, Sae Ri helps me out with stuff like this because she’s the smart one, and don’t worry, I don’t force her to do this, we’re best friends and we always help each other out.

“Correct,” the teacher smiled in amazement. Everyone applauded and cheered for me as I walked back to my seat, and, of course, I loved it.

Before sitting down, I glanced over at Daehyun to see if he was doing the same, but, obviously, he was still looking at the birds through the window.

I sighed and turned back to the teacher as the cheers and claps settled down.

 

~*~*~*~

 

“Are you okay Ae Hwa?” Kyu Min asked, as she poked me with her chop sticks.

“Yeah, you’ve been spacing out a lot lately,” Rae Mi added, before I could see that she stole a chip from my lunch tray.

“Yeah, I’m fine, why…” I trailed off, my thought went completely blank once I saw Daehyun walk past me with his friend.

“See?” Sae Ri commented.

“So? It’s not like it’s going to affect you,” I replied, talking a bite from my lunch.

“Don’t do this to us,” they all warned me in unison.

I rolled my eyes and ignored them, then something popped into my mind, “Where’s Se Mi?” I asked.

“I don’t know, probably still in class, or maybe she went home. I haven’t seen her at all since this morning,” Kyu Min replied.

“I feel sorry for her,” Sae Ri added.

“So do I. Ae Hwa, weren’t you going to bash Jae Soo for breaking up with Se Mi?” Rae Mi asked.

“Well I was, but now I have other things on my mind. Sae Ri, you have a boyfriend don’t you? Can you ask him to beat up Jae Soo for me?” I asked.

“What? Like right now?” she replied.

“Yes, like right now,” I responded.

“Well if you say so,” she dropped her chop sticks on her plate and picked up her Samsung phone, dialling her boyfriend.

After she was done, she put her phone away and started eating again.

“So? What did he say?” we all asked in harmony.

“Of course he’ll beat him up, nobody hurts his girl’s best friend,” she replied with a smile. Ugh, I wish I had a boyfriend like that, too bad that even if I do get one, they’re fan boys and completely annoy me.

Now that that problem was settled, I could finally set up a plan to take that mask off of Daehyun’s mouth.

Yup, I had started thinking of ways to get that mask off of him ever since English was over, so about a hour a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter