Chapter Nine

Mission 1: Smile
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Nine

“Please tell me why I had to leave Gangnam to be here,” Se Mi rolled her eyes.

I guessed she still wasn’t over the fact that Jae Soo broke up with her and I guessed that he hasn’t sort things out with her. In all honesty, this problem won’t ever end – well, it won’t end as quick. Even though Se Mi is the oldest, things like relationship can make her become childish and her type childish is ignoring everyone and being a grumpy pants all week.

“We need money, well Daehyun needs money and we’re going to get the money by having like a dance battle,” I replied with a smile.

“Wait, hold up. Can’t you just like give him some money? Or something like that?” Rae Mi asked.

“Not exactly, my sister’s at home and if I asked any of you, you’d all say that you wouldn’t do anything for an Invisible,” I replied.

“Wait, where’s the Invisible?” Rae Mi asked. She isn’t really the smartest in the group; her IQ matches that of a dumb blonde or a stereotypical Queenka. However she is smarter than she appears when she wants to be.

“Invisible,” Kyu Min laughed making everyone else laugh at her joke but me.

Quite honestly, I wanted to laugh along but I thought it was kind of childish, but then again it was pretty funny. However Daehyun wasn’t even here yet, he was probably still trying to get his friends for the dance battle, so Kyu Min’s joke can go die in a hole.

“Enough of that guys,” I sternly said.

The girls stopped laughing and looked at me like I was crazy except for Sae Mi, all she did was back away from what she thought would start a questioning war.

“Are you protecting an Invisible?”

“So the rumours are true!”

“Why did you have to do this, Ae Hwa?”

“Okay! Enough, I’m just trying to be nice,” I replied.

Even though they are one of my best friends and a part of my Queenka group, I wasn’t going to let them know about my mission. Sae Mi is the only person I can trust, whereas the rest wouldn’t understand.

The girls were still staring at me like I was going crazy in the head and their jaws were wide open. But their eyes slowly trailed behind me and up towards the sky, or what I thought was the sky. I raised my eyebrows at them, confused to what they were looking at so I turned around and saw 4 figures towering me.

“Thank you for taking care of our Daehyunnie,” one of the boys said with a polite and cheerful smile.

I stumbled back a bit from the suddenness and shock. I wasn’t expecting them to be there, whoever them are. My guess is that they’re Daehyun’s friends, wow he has more friends then I imagined. That might’ve sounded rude, but I thought he only has that Youngjae guy. Speaking of Daehyun, where is he anyways? He wasn’t with the four people in front of me, so I wonder where he went.

“Uh... um... sure,” I nervously smiled.

“Nice to meet you, I’m Himchan!” the same boy who thanked me for taking care of Daehyun, screamed.

Who knew that a boy could scream that loud? Especially since he’s only introducing himself. Daehyun has some interesting friends.

“H-hello, I’m Ae Hwa,” I replied as I held out my trembling hand in hope one of them who shake it.

“Oh, we know who you are, Daehyun – well not Daehyun exactly, more like Yougnjae told us about you and the rest of your friends too,” the boy who seems taller than the rest explained to me as he shook my hand.

“I see, and you are?” I asked, taking my hand back and raising an eyebrow.

“Choi Jun Hong, but you can call me Zelo,” he cheerfully smiled. He acts like he’s younger than me but looks like he’s older than me, maybe it’s because he’s so, so, so tall.

“Nice to meet you,” I replied, but before they could introduce themselves any further, I had to make sure that they’re actually Daehyun’s friends because in all honestly, they don’t seem like it. “Wait a moment, um, are you guys friends of Daehyun?” I asked.

I could hear the girls behind me shuffle in awkwardness or at least what I thought was them being awkard.

“Yup, we’ve been friends ever since we were all in dippers,” Zelo replied.

“How is it possible that an Invisible has such hot friends?” I heard Se Mi’s voice behind me.

Well it looked like she’s over the fact that Jae Soo broke up with her and just before she was a hot mess. Se Mi and her mood swings are extraordinary things on this planet. But I couldn’t help but agree with her and neither could the rest of the girls, considering that Daehyun is an Invisible, it’s kind of weird that his friends are kind of – well – really hot. But then again if you ever looked at Daehyun in the eye... then maybe Se Mi would’ve been wrong.

“Should we take that as a complement?” this time the guy had a deep voice, like really deep. He hasn’t introduced himself yet, but all that clouded in my head was how deep his voice was not what his name was.

“Oh, I’m Yongguk by the way,” he held out his hand for me to shake it, which I did.

“Nice to meet you, Yongguk, oh and what’s your name?” I asked the guy beside Zelo.

“Jongup,” he sweetly replied, “It’s nice to meet you.”

“You too, um... well, you already know me so—“ I was about to introduce the Queenka’s until Se Mi pushed me out of the way and started introducing herself.

Actually, this may be for the best for Se Mi, if she could hang out with other boys than maybe she could forget about Jae Soo and we wouldn’t have to deal with an angry Se Mi anymore.

“I’m Se Mi, and it’s nice to meet you,” she held out her hand.

The boys took turn shaking it.

“I’m also single, a Leo, in my last year of school, I also own a –”

“—Okay, that’s enough of your introduction,” I interrupted her and slightly pushed her away so the rest of the girls could introduce themselves.

Kyu Min and Rae Mi sauntered to the boys and did the exact same thing Se Mi did.

“TMI guys, T.M.I!” I nervously laughed and angrily whispered hoping they’d get the message. I was starting to get vaguely embarrassed by my own friends; I hope Sae Mi wouldn’t do anything to humiliate me even more.

I crooked my head over to her direction and watched her walk up to the boys.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you, I am Hwang Sae Mi,” she elegantly introduced herself.

My eyes widened and my jaw dropped to the floor. This was the first time I’d ever see Sae Mi speak so... so... so formerly! In all my days that I’ve known Hwang Sae Mi, she has never once introduced herself like this, not

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter