Chapter Ten

Mission 1: Smile
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Ten

Daehyun’s Point of View:

I slipped my hands in the pockets of my coat and watched as the guys dance. Dancing wasn’t my kind of thing, it never was and it never will be… but it was a part of my life somehow. The younger version of me wouldn’t think twice before joining them in a dance battle, but that’s changed and now I stand emotionless in front of my friends.

Sighing mentally, my ears perked over to Ae Hwa and Sae Mi. Somehow I suddenly became interested in their conversation, there really wasn’t anything much to do so I listened.

“So, how’s the mission going?” Sae Mi asked her.

What mission? I questioned. Thinking that the mission was the dance battle, I shrugged it off and kept on listening.

“Horrible,” Ae Hwa sighed.

“What about your birthday, how’s that going?” she asked.

 “How’d you know it was my birthday today? I never told you, I never told anyone!”

My posture was the same, like an emotionless statue, but my eyes widened a bit. It was her birthday? I squeezed my eyes shut and tried to remember the ‘subtle’ hints she ‘gave’ me. I had a mental sigh again once I realised

“Relax Ae Hwa, I only know because every year on this exact same day, you’d always buy a cake for yourself and eat it alone, it’s kind of lonely just watching you do that,” she explained.

“Well that’s great,” Ae Hwa sighed.

Why would she do that?

“Come on Ae Hwa, why were you hiding the fact that it was your birthday is today?” she asked.

“Because I never thought that it was important to tell you guys that it was my birthday.”

“Well it is important because we’re your friends; you don’t hide things like birthdays from friends.”

“Yeah, I guess you’re right, mian.”

“Is that why you have an uneaten cake with you,” she raised an eyebrow.

“Yup.”

She moved the box in front of Sae Mi and they both stared at it for a while. I was about to walk away until a few words escaped Sae Mi’s mouth.

“There’s a cake in front of us, 2 forks beside it and 2 people who I am guessing, are very hungry, can we eat it?” she asked Ae Hwa.

“Of course,” I smiled.

I took one last glance at the two and strode off to the boys. My thoughts started to wonder about what they were talking about and soon enough I started to feel guilty. Maybe… maybe she wasn’t so bad after all, but then again I’ve only known her for a short amount of time.

*~*~*~*

Ae Hwa’s Point of View:

I froze. Honestly, I didn’t know he was going to accept so easily, let alone that quickly.

Everyone had already left, it was morning and the girl’s parents started to get worried so they were the first to leave. The boys didn’t leave until later as they wanted to help Daehyun pack since their guilt still hasn’t left their conscious.

Standing in front of my own house, I was like a statue just waiting for a bird to poop on it. I couldn’t move nor did I want to move, I slowly became frightened to what my parents would think of me, bringing a boy home after a 2 night absence.

I glanced over to Daehyun without turning my head, he looked expressionless like normal but I thought that he’d at least look somewhat impatient or annoyed at my actions – I mean, we’ve been standing out here for an hour! A freaking hour! And he still looks calm to me.

After an hour of standing like an ice brick and not talking at least once, I cleared my throat and spoke, “W-well… we should go inside, shouldn’t we?”

He rotated his head towards me and blinked. I tilted my head a little to that response; I swear he has the weirdest ways on answering a person.

Taking his blink as a go sign, I opened up the gate to my mansion-like-house and led the way.  Once we actually stumbled upon the door to my house I trembled to open it. It was like I was terrified out of my life… well yeah, I kind of was – but that was because I’ve never gotten in trouble for bringing a boy home, I knew once I opened that door there was going to be a punishment waiting for me.

From the time I’ve taken just to open the door, I thought that Daehyun would’ve already rushed me, but he hasn’t. I guess he’s one patient guy then, first he was okay with standing outside for an hour and now he’s fine that we’re still outside trying to open a door.

After moments of hesitation, I finally took the courage to open it. I took the first step into the house while Daehyun trailed behind me.

While inside the house, I looked everywhere trying to spot my mother and sister. I thought we were safe for a second until I heard my mother yelling from the lounge room.

“AE HWA!” she called.

I tightly shut my eyes closed, waiting for what was going to happen next. Daehyun on the other hand didn’t seemed fazed or anything.

It seemed like I had my eyes shut for hours. Nothing happened, I didn’t hear anything else nor did I feel anything like I thought I would feel.

I slowly opened my eyes to see my mother staring at Daehyun in awe – well if I was speaking at what she was feeling then I’d say in disgust.

“Mother, I can explain. Yo—”

“Hajima! I don’t want to hear it!” she yelled in anger and disappointment, “You’re a disgrace to this family!” she glared at me in discontent before stomping off in rage.

As tears formed in my eyes, I tried to hold them in before turning back to Daehyun who looked at me emotionless yet worried at the same time.

I looked into his eyes seeing if I could read them, seeing if he was trying to ask a question, seeing if he cared... but... I couldn’t read anything. I dropped my eyes and looked to the ground. I became slightly embarrassed. Not wanting to make any eye-contact with Daehyun anymore, I walked behind him to his suitcase. I leisurely picked up his bag and quietly told him to follow me up stairs. Each step I took felt like the top of the stairs were getting further and further away.

I hate my mother.

 

Once we entered the room he was going to stay in, we stood their awkwardly. The room was filled with silence as n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter