Chapter Four

Mission 1: Smile
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Four

“This assignment will be due in 4 weeks, choose your partner wisely,” the teacher told us.

After what happened yesterday I was exhausted, I couldn’t care any less about what was going to happen today...well that was until this assignment was announced. So yesterday I couldn’t think of one single thing that’ll be effective enough to remove that mask of Daehyun, now I would like to thank the gods for this assignment.

Now it’s my chance! I can finally see him smile!

Once the teacher was done speaking I hopped up my seat and headed for Daehyun, it was a tough journey because everyone in my class wanted to be my partner. A hand grabbed my arm and tugged me back, I almost tripped.

“Where are you going?” it was Sae Ri, she looked at me confused.

“Going to choose my partner,” I replied, letting go of her grasp and started walking towards Daehyun again. She jerked me back again.

“You do realise that you’re entering Invisible territory, again, right?” she asked.

“I realise,” I replied with a smile and pulled my arm back.

Normally Sae Ri would be my partner for these things, and right now I feel bad for not being with her and I feel awful for putting a boy first, before my best friend but right now Daehyun was all I could think about.

With elegance and a cocky smile I walked up to Daehyun’s desk, once I reached it everyone gasped and just watched the scene unfold. It was uncomfortable.

I slammed my hands on his desk, like what I did at the cafeteria, and leaned over a bit so that my eyes were locked with his. I tried not to be entranced by his eyes, that weren’t going too well.

“J-Jung Daehyun, right?” I stammered the same thing from the cafeteria, hoping that nobody heard that.

He didn’t reply, he just looked me in the eye.

“I asked you a question,” I started to get impatient. How dare he not reply to me!

He broke the lock and started packing up his things, one by one, and stood up with his bag slung over his shoulder.

“What are you doing?” I asked him as I stood up straight.

He glanced at me and looked away, walking towards the door. I wasn’t going to let this happen to me again, he was going to be my partner; he is going to be my partner!

Throughout the whole situation, everyone was staring at us, mostly me, wondering why a Queenka would go close to an Invisible, I heard them gasp again for the next thing that I did.

I grabbed a hold of his arm and pulled him back, his face only centimetres away from mine. Just like yesterday my jaw dropped, but this time it was different, I was so close to his eyes that I...I actually felt his...his pain? Why would he feel pain? Because of that I let go and he walked off again. Great, that was a fail but I am not going to give up!

I stomped my feet in distress and anger and walked back to my seat, pushing everyone away that was in my path.

“What was that all about?” I heard someone whisper.

Great they’re all whispering about me now and not in the good way, I bet you before lunch there’ll be a rumour going around me and how I got rejected by an Invisible.

 

~*~*~*~*~

 

Thinking that the only place I’d find Daehyun would be in the library, I went there right after History, but that was a challenge since I’ve never actually been there before. I went around asking people where I could find the library, I was going to ask my other Queenka’s, especially Sae Ri but I couldn’t find her and the rest didn’t know where it was. I looked like a complete idiot looking for the library plus it was extra embarrassing since the rumour about me being rejected by an Invisible did actually start and is already spreading like a wildfire.

Stepping in front of a door, I finally found the library and now I’m hoping that he’s in here, if he’s not I’m going to rage.

I opened up the door and became astonished. I’ve never seen so many books in my life. I kind of got lost; there were two sides of the library: the bookcases and the study area-thing. I couldn’t see him at the tables so I thought that he’d be at the bookcases. That was a real challenge because there was about more than 20 rows of them.

Every row of books that I passed I ran my hands pass them. By the end of the 12th row I stopped at one particular book, it was a family matters book. Then I looked up to the top shelf and saw more books about family and one in particular caught my eye. I wanted to get it but it was too far up, but that didn’t stop me, I started jumping and trying to reach it.

Abruptly I felt something heavy and warm on my back, I didn’t brother to look back but then I saw a hand above mine reaching for the book I want. I was confused so I looked up. It was Daehyun.

He grabbed the book and looked at it. I turned around and quickly stole the book from him; I didn’t want him to find out that I have family...problems. The book was a family issues book, mostly how to deal with being the black sheep of the family.

He raised his brow at me.

“I-I have been looking for you,” I stammered and gulped.

He looked at me, waiting for me to continue on to what I was saying.

“The teacher told me that you had to be my partner for the project,” I added, it wasn’t a lie, it was simply adding on to the truth.

He had his bag over his holder, opening it; he took out a mini whiteboard and a whiteboard marker. He started writing on it and I started to get a bit confused.

He turned it around and I read what it said out loud.

“Who are you again?” he doesn’t know who I am? He doesn’t know who I am?!

I gripped onto the book I was holding, tightly and held in my anger.

“Ae Hwa, the Queenka,” I gritted my teeth, “you’re new English partner.”

 

~*~*~*~*~
 

We were on the study side of the library on the opposite sides of the table. He was writing down some notes for the project while I was just sitting there board out of my mind.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter