Chapter Five

Mission 1: Smile
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Five

The next day at school, instead of willingly making the pathway for me, the students hesitated as they whispered to each other while staring at me. I rolled my eyes, great, I thought, the rumour has officially spread everywhere.

I stomped all the way to my locker and slammed it open. The stares wouldn’t go away and whispering grew. Did I do the right thing? I don’t even know anymore, my reputation is ruined.

Grabbing the books out that I needed for first period, I heard a voice behind me, it was Sae Ri.

“You need to explain to me what happened yesterday, now!” she shouted at me.

I always tell her everything; I don’t know why I didn’t tell her about my mission.

“Sorry I didn’t tell you earlier, Sae Ri,” I replied.

“You do realise everyone is talking about you, right? And not in the good way,” she asked, flaring her arms everywhere.

“Yes, I realise, but I have a perfect explanation and the rumours will die down,” I replied.

“Explain then.”

“Everyone, even the Invisibles, notice that I exist! He on the other hand does not notice my presence at all! Plus haven’t you ever wondered what he sounds like? What he looks like without the mask? What he looks like when he smiles?” I explained while grabbing a hold of her shoulders.

“No, not at all,” she bluntly replied.

“Ugh, Sae Ri~” I whined.

“He’s an Invisible, so we should treat him like one, don’t you remember? You’re sister is the one who made up that rule,” Sae Ri explained. Quickly realising what she said, she covered and quickly apologised with a bow.

“I am so sorry, Ae Hwa, I didn’t mean it,” she sincerely apologised.

“That is why I’m going to break it,” I ignored her apology.

I never really thought about it before. I knew that my sister was the one who made up the majority of rules in TS, but I never really thought about going against them. Maybe I was too afraid that it’ll get to my parents.

“Ae Hwa...” she trailed off.

“Come on, Sae Ri, you are my best friend, can you please just trust me this once?” I pleaded while pouting. I wasn’t the one to be cute, but when in desperate times, I get a little cute to get what I want.

“Fine, but don’t you dare drag me into this, okay?” she gave in.

“Yes! Thank you Sae Ri, saranghae~” I smiled to her.

“Yeah, yeah, just promise me you won’t ruin this friendship because of one boy. You have been keeping things from me and ignoring me,” she replied.

“I promise!” I smiled to her again.

 

~*~*~*~*~

 

I anxiously waited for English. It wasn’t the only class we got, but it was the only class we assigned as partners.

Last night I was searching up ways to make a person smile. Yes I know, lame, but don’t judge, okay? I’ve never done this before, if anything it’d be others trying to make me smile when I’m not.

Ever heard of an invisible mask that people wear? A fake mask that hides the real you, for me that mask applies to when I’m at school.

At school I’m confident; I smile with poise and walk with pride, whereas at home, it’s the complete opposite – thanks to my sister.

I turned my head to look at the clock. The bell was going to ring any minute and English was next. I turned back to the teacher, but didn’t listen to a thing she said, instead I listened to the girls behind me.

Just like I predicted, they were talking about me and not in a good way like they normally should. They were talking about how I, the Queenka, saved an Invisible from the Kingka’s.

I rolled my eyes. Being the Queenka, you get to know every single information about everyone in school and you’re always the first person to know about every rumour. So the two girls behind me better watch out.

“At least saving a person means you’re a hero, not fake just like your s,” I said out loud for the whole class to hear.

The girl behind me gasped, knowing that I was talking about her and glared at me while the whole entire class were laughing their heads off.

I smirked in satisfactory.

“Kim Ae Hwa,” the teacher said in disbelief.

“I’m sorry miss, just stating the truth,” I replied. She knew that she couldn’t give me detention and walked back to the front of the classroom, continuing the lesson.

Learn to never mess with a Queenka.

 

Finally it’s English!

The bell rang only a few minutes ago and now I’m in class sitting next to Sae Ri. I wanted to sit next to Daehyun but we weren’t allowed to yet.

“Okay, since I’ve finally marked the role, I need you to get into your pairs,” the teacher said.

I smiled. Finally, I thought.

“See ya, Sae Ri,” I smiled to her.

She rolled her eyes but smiled as well, “See ya,” she replied.

I could tell that everyone was still not used to me being around an Invisible by their stares, but I rubbed it off.

I sat in the seat that was next to Daehyun’s and looked at him. He was staring at those birds again, I didn’t know if I was allowed to interrupt him so I just watched the birds with him.

It looked awkward.

“So...whatcha looking at?” I asked him, breaking the awkwardness.

He crooked his head my way and pointed to the birds outside the windows. Well at least he noticed me and isn’t ignoring whatever I say.

So about me searching up ways to make a person smile, one said that I had to do things the other person likes doing...I have no idea what he likes doing. So instead of doing that I thought of something else.

“You know how you communicate by whiteboard,” I started, he looked back at me, “well for the project it’ll be hard to contact you plus with the whiteboard it takes a while to write, so why don’t you give me your number? Or I can give you mine?” I explained while smiling.

He didn’t reply and just turned his head back to the window, looking at the birds again.

My smile slowly faded away and turned into an annoyed one. I grabbed out a piece of paper and wrote my number on it, sliding it towards his direction I tapped him on the shoulder.

“Here’s my number, it’ll be easier to communicate,” I said.

He looked at the piece of paper then at me then back to the window. You have got to be kidding me! I shouted in my thoughts.

This mission is harder than I thought.

 

~*~*~*~*~

After the many attempts of getting him to accept my number, we finally decided on a topic for the English project. It was going to be a story about actual people in Korea, yesterday he searched up the history of Korea for a reason that I do not know.

Nothing and I mean nothing was working, trying to get him to talk is going to be harder than I thought and it made it worse that I suggested a way for him not to talk, great.

We were back in the library but were ready to go to our next class. I didn’t know what else to do so I panicked and called out his name, he looked back to me.

“Um...since we haven’t really started on the project properly, can we meet somewhere? Like the park?” I asked.

He looked at me for second and nodded his head. After he turned around I did a light fist pump and followed him out to the next class. Unfortunately we had different classes; he had science while I had history.

 During the whole time in history I didn’t focus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter