Chapter Seven

Mission 1: Smile
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Seven

Daehyun’s Point of View:

She kept on mumbling in her sleep, even now she’s still mumbling. Last night it seemed like she was trying to run away, the words she mumbled were ‘please stop’, ‘I’ll promise I’ll change,’ and ‘I’m sorry’.

Today she mumbled, ‘I’ll leave you alone’, ‘this is my house, too’ and ‘I hate you’.

I sat right in front of her while she slept peacefully on the couch of my boss’s room. She told me that I should take a break and look after Ae Hwa while she deals with the customers. I sighed, looking back at Ae Hwa I moved some of her hair away from her face and wipe the sweat off her.

My guilt didn’t wear off, it only got worse. Her relationship with her family...I guess it’s not healthy, I told her that I would never leave her side because unlike her I have a healthy relationship with my family but I know what it’s like to feel alone.

I barely know her and now I’m promising things to her, way to go Daehyun, I rolled my eyes at my thought.

My phone ringed, I quickly picked it up so that I wouldn’t wake Ae Hwa up. I put the phone to my ear and said nothing.

“Yah! Daehyun! What happened with Ae Hwa? Did she ditch you!?” he yelled over the phone.

I stayed silent and didn’t reply to what he asked. It was self-explanatory, he knew I couldn’t talk and yet he stilled called me.

“YAH! DAEHYUN! ANSWER ME!” He yelled again. Sometimes I wonder how stupid he can get, he’s in the top 10 smartest students in the school yet he chooses to act like an idiot.

I put my spare hand in my pocket and started rocking my foot in the floor, waiting for him to realise that I can’t talk or answer back to him.

“DAEHYUN—oh wait, haha, my bad...um...would you mind texting back your answer?” he nervously laughed.

I shook my head at his stupidity and took the phone away from my ear. I started to text him back my answer, I wrote: she didn’t leave, she waited and got sick. Now I’m taking care of her.

Assuming that Youngjae would’ve read the text straight away, I put the phone back against my ear and waited for him to shout at me again.

“Daehyun! Are you an idiot, you just made a Queenka sick! A Queenka, do you know what the others will do to you, especially the Kingka’s?!” he shouted in panic.

I close my eyes tightly and rubbed my temple with my spare hand that was in my pocket. I took the phone off my ear again and texted him my answer.

I wrote: she wasn’t as mad as I thought she would, I highly doubt the Kingka’s will save her.

Once I sent the text I placed the phone back onto my ear, immediately I hastily took the phone away as Youngjae screamed on the top of his lungs through the phone. That was quick.

“ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! God, you’re making me exhausted, I swear, for a guy who doesn’t talk can make the people around him tired,” he puffed.

I had nothing else to say, I just stayed silent until he said something again. Just as Youngjae was about to speak, I heard Ae Hwa groan and shifting around in her sleep, the couch was small so she could fall in any minute.

I couldn’t bother to help her, instead I just watched as she struggled to find a comfortable position. She looked like she was awake but she completely ignored her surroundings and every time she would mumble a new word she would act it out. Who would’ve guessed that a Queenka would have such a habit?

I was interrupted by Youngjae yelling at me again, he started ranting on how the Kingka’s will beat me up because I made the Queenka sick, and how I’m underestimating their strengths and shouldn’t mess with them. If I could, I would sometimes permanently wrap duck tape all over his face so I wouldn’t have to hear him complain every single second.

Every time I would roll my eyes at him and watched Ae Hwa do her routine of finding a comfortable position, mumbling random words and acting them out.

“Now that I’ve finished, I will leave you to it, but I warned you! You better look out for those Kingka’s when we get back to school!” he scolded me.

I knew he couldn’t see, but I nodded my head in response and hung up on him. Our conversations on the phone were normally like that, well I wouldn’t really know since he rarely calls me. Instead of reading my eyes, he reads my silence, Youngjae is pretty special and sometimes I wonder how much of a good friend he had been to me.

After 3 years of silence and ignoring mostly everything he says, Youngjae still sticks with me and supports me and I always take that into granted. Maybe next time I’ll teat him to something nice.

Putting my phone back into my pocket, I walked over to Ae Hwa and squatted down in front of her so I was at the same height. She’d been sleeping almost the whole day, I guess she was still pretty sick, so just to make sure, I came closer to her face and set my hand on her forehead. She was still burning up and my guilt kept on rising.

Normally, colds like this go away pretty easily, there has to be something wrong before she stayed in the rain, something that she didn’t tell her parents.

Before I could speculate any more, Ae Hwa’s eyes bolted open and she quickly sat up. She winced in pain and held her head as it throbbed.

When she becomes well again, things like this will never happen ever again, I thought as I reached over to her and felt her temperature again.

This time, instead of sitting up, she pushed my hand away and became flustered. I became confused at her actions and tried to check her temperature again, but all she did was back away. This is what I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter