Chapter Six

Mission 1: Smile
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Six

My eyes fluttered opened as I was greeted with a painful headache. I winched in pain every time I tried to move, trying to get up was like the most I’ve struggled in my life.

When I finally got up I noticed that I wasn’t in my room, or my house.

The room was small; I guess it wasn’t really a room since there was a tiny kitchen behind me, a small TV in front of me and a table behind the other side of where I was.

I figured I was in an apartment, but who’s?

Before I could become any more curious than I already am, my eyes wondered to my phone making my head follow after.

There was a message from my mother. I unlocked my phone and read the message out loud.

“Your sister is coming home today, it’s best that you don’t come home,” I scoffed after I finished reading the text.

Typical, I get ‘kicked’ out of my house because I have a sister coming home. I rolled my eyes and threw my phone to the next closest couch and had a tiny fit, making my headache throb. This was not because I was once again mistreated by my family – I couldn’t care any less – it was because if they wanted to kick me out for who knows how long, they should’ve let me get money and clothes.

Speaking about clothes, I looked down to check what I was wearing, it wasn’t my school clothes. Wait, what happened last night? All I can remember was the park, rain and the fact that I was waiting for someone, for Daehyun.

Then it clicked, I fainted by a tree in the rain. I should be covered with water or at least wet spots, and wearing my school uniform.

I stood up, a bit too quick, making me hold my head in utter pain.  

There was a sound coming from the other side of the apartment; I crocked my head to the noise and saw a guy standing in front of me.

Daehyun?

“D-Daehyun?” I stuttered.

He tilted his head in reply.

What is he doing here? Wait...oh my god, I cannot believe it! He actually came! I had a miniature dance party inside of my head.

When I looked back at him he held up his whiteboard in front of his chest.

“Your parents must be worried,” I read.

My miniature dance party that was going on suddenly died out and was replaced with country music – ugh I hate country music.

“Yeah, right,” I rolled my eyes, “they couldn’t care any less about where I am.”8

He just nodded his head and put the whiteboard down on the chair next to him.

I got confused. In moments like this the other person would ask: why? And then I would reply with something angsty.

“Aren’t you going to ask me why?” I asked as he looked back up at me.

He shook his head.

“Why?” I asked again.

He sighed – I could tell by his body moments – and picked up the whiteboard again. Once he was done writing he turned it around and showed me.

“Because people have secrets, and secrets are meant to be secret and not shared,” I read.

I gently smiled at that.

Daehyun was so...sweet. He seemed like such a...uh...jerk at school, ignoring me all the time, I guess I picked a good mission.

“C-can I ask you a question?” I asked.

He didn’t nod or shook his head, he just stood there looking at me. I took that as a yes.

“Do mind if I...stay here? Just for the night, I have nowhere else to go,” I pleaded, my hands clasped together.

Grabbing his whiteboard again, he wrote something and showed it to me – I’m actually getting really sick of that.

“What about your parents?” it read.

“I told you, they won’t care,” I replied.

As quick as lightening, I ran over to him and held both of his hands, making him drop the whiteboard and marker. Unexpectedly the headache came back and I wined in pain.

Daehyun let go of my hands and placed the back of his right hand on my forehead. My guess is to check my temperature.

I bet you that I got 100 more times hotter than I was before he touched my forehead. I was burning up, not because of the cold but because I was blushing like a mad man.

Taking his hand off my head, he gently pushed me down on the couch and rushed to the kitchen. My head unconsciously followed his every move. He quickly got an ice pack out of the freezer and a thermometer from the cupboard and rushed back to me.

Daehyun would always seem so calm to me, especially at school and going up against the Kingka’s, this, to me, would probably be the first time I’ve ever seen him flustered.

Thinking about that made me blush, again.

However what he did next made me think that I spoke too soon. When he got back and was in front of me, he dropped the ice pack and thermometer on my lap, expecting me to do it by myself.

I opened my mouth to speak, but before I could he was already walking away. “YAH!” I yelled.

He stopped and crocked his head to look back at me.

“Sick person here, you don’t expect me to do this all by myself, do you?”

He rolled his eyes and sauntered back to me, I smiled throughout it. He motioned me to lie down and I did as I was told. After, he got the ice pack and placed it on my head, moving it around a bit so there wouldn’t be a cold burn.

I tilted my head a bit towards his direction and looked at him. He had bags under his eyes, they weren’t there before and considering how worried he was before, my guess is that he stayed up all night trying to take care of me. Man, I felt horrible.

I lifted up my hand and slowly brought it up to his face to gently caress them, since I was a bit curious. But he backed away before I could.

He looked at me in the eye and I knew what he was trying to say.

“I-I was...uh ...your eyes, they’re...um...h-how long...when did you go sleep?” I stuttered, finally thinking

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter