Chapter Three

Mission 1: Smile
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Three

Daehyun’s Point of View:

Being an Invisible doesn’t really concern me. Not being an Invisible – now that really concerns me. Being noticed is not one of my biggest priorities in High School, unless I can graduate without any problems, then I’m good.

I woke up early this morning. Usually I sleep in, there wasn’t any point in going to school early when there’s already a bunch of people there. Last time the reason I woke up early was to clean up the apartment because my family were coming over. This time was because Youngjae, my so called ‘best friend’, had something urgent to tell me.

I opened up the school door with one bag strap slung over my shoulder. Many students ignored me, however I knew that some were whispering things about me that I highly think are untrue.

I ignored, though, it didn’t really bother me and I really didn’t care, they were irrelevant in my life so I kept on walking down the hall.

Caring about the people around me was never a big deal, however this resulted in me to bumping into them a lot, which just happened. I didn’t bother to look at who it was but I could tell that it was a girl, a delicate one, too. Not bothering to look back, I could feel the glare of the girl behind me while I continued to walk.

At the end of hall I saw Youngjae by himself, he was looking at his phone, intrigued to what he was reading.

I grabbed out a whiteboard and a maker, I started writing on it. Once I was finished I tapped on Youngjae’s shoulder and lifted the whiteboard up so he could read it.

“What are you reading?” he read.

If you didn’t notice already this is how I communicate. I wear a mask to school every day and I rather not talk, at all, no matter who the person it is I’m talking to.

“It’s an article, Wollim is getting shut down!” I yelled in worry as he showed me the article.

Breaking! Second best school in the country is getting shut down for illegal actions! I read in my thoughts.

I looked at him surprised, my eyes asking him why.

“I don’t know why they’d do anything illegal, what are we going to do now?” he asked after reading my eyes.

I scratched my head in frustration and anxiety. If you’re wondering why we’re so worried is because our childhood friends attend Wollim High, and now that their school is being shut down, they don’t have anywhere else to go.

I picked up the whiteboard and marker and started writing again.

“What are they going to do now?” Youngjae read, he looked up at me and shook me, “I don’t know hyung! I don’t know!” he screamed.

We were now the centre of attention and I didn’t like that. I looked him into the eyes, calm down, Youngjae. He nodded in reply.

Youngjae and I have a really close connection, close enough for him to understand what I’m saying by my eyes. However, if I say really long sentences, he won’t understand me at all.

‘We’ll talk about this at lunch, okay?’ I wrote down. He nodded his head again in reply as he calmed down.

I had English next and he had maths.

 

~*~*~*~*~

 

I sat at the back of the classroom again, it’s where I normally sat and most people knew to leave it alone because it was ‘Invisible Territory’.

As I sat down and looked outside to the window and saw the exact same birds I saw yesterday. They, to me, are the only things that I’ll ever be interested in, in this school. For some reason they’re always there at the exact same spot, I don’t know why but it always makes me want to see them every day.

They looked peaceful, like they didn’t have a care in the world, where there wouldn’t be any people around them to judge them. It was nice, just looking at them made me feel relaxed.

A glare interrupted my relaxation, not creating a tension but making me feel uncomfortable. I turned to the person who was giving me the glare. It felt like the same glare from that girl earlier in the hallway.

I loc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter