Chapter One

Mission 1: Smile
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter One

Eyes were on me. They’re always on me. What can I say? I’m popular.

You might think that I’m that snobbish, vulgar, and selfish girl you always see on TV and in books, but to be honest, I’m not…well, kind of…yeah, kind of.

Okay, I admit it, I’m a bit mean, but only because I’m the Queenka and I need to keep my reputation intact so that I can stay on top of the food chain. High school is all about reputation, if you have none then you won’t survive. You’d either get bullied or shoved away to the side where you’re unnoticed.

In TS High, there’s a strict stay-with-your-own-group policy, and if you ever break that policy, you’d have to face the top of the food chain, the Queenka’s and Kingka’s. There are about 7 specific groups at TS, ordered from the group at the bottom of the food chain to the top. The nerds are at the bottom. After them are the geeks and then, the just plain weirdo’s. After them would be the normals, you know just the normal students, then it’d be the musicians, athletes, and of course, us, the Queenka’s and the Kingka’s.

Honestly speaking, there’s 8 groups. but we wouldn’t really consider them a group. When I’m taking about them I mean the people who are shoved away and/or are being bullied. So specifically speaking, I’m talking about Jung Daehyun.

Every time I walk down the halls in the morning, they, as in the students, make a pathway for me to walk through. Everyone, and I mean everyone, makes the pathway for me, not one single person is out of place. Now here’s where Jung Daehyun comes in.

Jung Daehyun, the epitome of invisible and unnoticed, is the only person in the entire school who does not give a damn about me. The one time he showed up to school early, he didn’t line up with the rest of the kids and just walked right by me without any eye contact at all. It was like I was completely invisible to him. He didn’t even notice my presence, and I mean who couldn’t? I’m beautiful.

I turned to my left to see dark red roses in my face. It was Ahn Jaehyun.

You could consider him as my stalker but he wouldn’t be the only one. Of course Ahn Jaehyun is a nice and sweet guy, but honestly, he just can’t get over himself, and that’s why I just walked right past him. He doesn’t mind, he actually likes it, weird, right? That’s why he’s the leader of the weirdo group.

As I walked further down the hall, I saw the rest of the Queenka’s and, of course, I am their leader.

“Looking amazing as always Ae Hwa,” Sae Ri complimented. She’s my right hand woman and second in command, A.K.A my best friend.

“I don’t know why you’re so surprised, I always look good,” I bragged, while flicking my hair over my shoulder.

“So, is that Ahn Jaehyun kid still harassing you?” Rae Mi asked as she shut her locker closed. Her books were in her hands and her bag slung over her shoulder, she looked at me in annoyance with a hint of concern.

“Omg yes, god he’s such an annoyance, but he’s a really sweet guy,” I replied with sympathy.

“Don’t you dare go all nice on me Ae Hwa,” Sae Ri warned me with a threatening voice, pointing at me with her finger and looking angry.

“Plus, saying he’s sweet is saying that every guy who has every stalked you is sweet, and we all know that’s not true, literally,” Kyu Min, another member of my Queenka group – the youngest, explained as she grabbed her books from her locker.

“True, but not true. Remember? All of my stalkers didn’t actually stalk me, they just followed me to see what my interests are so that they could buy me gifts,” I replied with an innocent smile.

What? It’s true, they don’t. I am not self-centered at all, trust me, this is not how I’m like when I’m all self-centered, not even close.

“Sure, whatever,” Se Mi, the eldest of the group, rolled her eyes at me and left without saying anything else.

“What’s up with her?” I asked, raising an eyebrow.

“Dunno, she has been like that ever since we came to school,” Sae Ri replied.

“You don’t think it’s because of Jae Soo? Is it?” Kyu Min asked, whispering as she moved closer to the four of us.

“Why? What happened?” I asked, taking Kyu Min’s whisper as a hint to not talk about it too loud.

“I heard they broke up, and he was the one to break up with her,” she replied.

I stumbled back a bit. Se Mi and Jae Soo were known to be one of the best couples in the whole school, better yet the whole of Korea. There wouldn’t be anything that could ever come between them. Queenka’s and Kingka’s make the best couples, but now, I don’t even know anymore.

“What?! How?!” Sae Ri and I screamed, a little too loud.

“Quiet down Ae Hwa,” Kyu Min hushed m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter