6: 06.11.11

Last Wish of a Heart
Junhyung is standing in the middle of the sky, having his black wings spreading behind him. He is watching the crowd beyond him, leaving the church, talking to each other with bright smile.
 
There Yeona is with her sister. Their arms are linked together as her sister is guiding Yeona to walk the stairs carefully. Yeona smiles sweetly, telling her sister that it's alright to let her be because she has her stick.
 
It is her routinity every Sunday. She will go to a church with her sister in the morning. They will go to a charity event after noon. Today they will visit an orphanage together.
 
Who will ever think that this kind hearted girl will die in such a young age?
 
Junhyung leans to the wall; it's his favorite gesture. He watches Yeona playing with two little girls. One of the girls is mute, making them to have difficulties in interact but Yeona teaches her how to communicate with hand gestures.
 
"A mute and a blind!" a little boy mocks them. He laughs heartily, sticking out his tongue to Yeona and the little girls. Looks like he is one of the bad kids in the orphanage. "You two are so lame!"
 
The mute girl starts to cry and her friend tries to comfort her, giving the boy a deadly glare. The boy just walks away, still laughing happily, satisfied that he can make the girl to cry.
 
Yeona pats the little girl's head gently, telling her that it's alright and she doesn't need to care about the boy. She tells her that everything is going to be alright and she needs to be grateful that she can live since there are others who are suffering more than them.
 
While her sister is playing with other kids, Yeona stands up and tries to find the boy with her intuition. Junhyung follows her to the yard of the orphanage where they find the boy is playing with his sword miniature.
 
He turns around because of Yeona's footsteps. He scoffs coldly, "What is a blind girl doing here? You can trip over something."
 
"You shouldn't say such things to people," Yeona warns softly. She can't believe such little boy acts like this. Someone needs to teach him the etiquette. "You must accept differences in community. What if something worse happen to you?"
 
"Are you threatening me?" the boy crosses his arms together. He looks at Junhyung, "Is that why you bring along the tall guy behind you? What a pathetic!"
 
Yeona gasps in surprise. Why can this boy see Junhyung? She thought that no one can see him except herself.
 
"Junhyung...," Yeona murmurs his name, hoping that she will receive an explanation. She feels uneasy all of a sudden.
 
"We'll talk later," Junhyung replies with monotone. He knows why the boy can see him but he can't tell the reason now; not when the boy can listen to his explanation.
 
After around thirty minutes, Yeona and her sister return to their apartment. They have lunch together in the dining room. Her sister talks about the kids she played with but Yeona can't get rid of the fact that the boy can see Junhyung.
 
"Are you alright, Yeona?" her sister asks with worried tone. She places her backhand to touch Yeona's forehead. "Are you feeling sick?"
 
"I'm alright," Yeona stands up with a forced smile. She puts her plate on the wastafel. "I just need to rest now. Thank you for the lunch, Unnie."
 
Once she returns to her bedroom, she calls up Junhyung to ask for his explanation, "Junhyung? Are you there?"
 
Junhyung is leaning to the wall on his usual stand, staring at Yeona with cold eyes. He knows that she wants an explanation so he responds, "You better sit down."
 
Taking a deep breath, Yeona obeys his instruction. She sits down on her bed, waiting for Junhyung to start talking. She hugs her teddy bear, waiting impatiently.
 
"Ordinary human can see Angels of Death unless they have extra ordinary instinct to detect other creatures than human. There are two other conditions to see an Angel of Death," Junhyung explains briefly. "One, if the Angel of Death accidentally shows himself in front of the human, which is rarely happened."
 
Yeona holds her breathe, wondering about what the second condition is.
 
"Second, if the human is going to die son," Junhyung finishes his words, making Yeona to cover due to shock. "The second condition goes to the little boy."
 
"He... He is going to die?" Yeona blurts out with disbelief. She can't believe that a little boy like him will die soon.
 
"He has brain tumor," Junhyung tells the truth to Yeona. He knows it because Dongwoon, the Angel of Death who is in charge of the little boy was standing not far from them when they were talking at the yard. They have their own way to communicate. "He doesn't realize it since he is denying the fact that his head is aching every morning and night."
 
A tear rolls down from Yeona's eyes. She knows that it's weird for her to cry for a little boy who just mocked her this evening but she can't help but to feel sad to know his future.
 
Junhyung steps closer to Yeona. He reaches his hand out to wipe away her tears with his thumb. He doesn't even know why he is doing it but he doesn't want to see her tears.
 
Yeona keeps crying while Junhyung moves the teddy bear from her hug to the other side of the bed. He bends down until his face is leveled with hers. Yeona lets Junhyung to wipe her tears away with his hand.
 
Junhyung feels something is definitely wrong with him. Why does he feel that he wants to stop Yeona from crying? He doesn't think that Yeona needs to cry for others when her own future is near to the end.
 
The next second he knows, he is hugging Yeona. He lets her to cry on his shoulder, sobbing silently. He doesn't bother to ask about her last wish for today.
 
Why? Junhyung starts to ask to no one.
 
This kind hearted girl is going to die in six days.