8: 04.11.11

Last Wish of a Heart
Junhyung has visited Yeona this morning. To be exact, he stayed with her the whole night since yesterday. He let Yeona to sleep with his blazer with her; she said it made her feel safe.
 
When Yeona woke up in the morning, she thanked Junhyung for the blazer. Without any thought, Junhyung wore his blazer on and he stayed until Yeona was done with her morning activities.
 
She had her breakfast with her sister and, as usual, talking about random stuffs. Her sister reminded her about the operation she's going to take in 8 days. Yeona had a smile when she reminded that she's going to see the world soon.
 
As for Junhyung, he found it ironic that she was happy with the reminder; she is going to die the day after she can see the world. What good will it make?
 
Being an Angel of Death, sometimes he can't help himself to think about how cruel life can be to someone. Just like what is happening to Yeona now.
 
She is going to see with her own eyes soon. But as soon as they talk, her life is going to end as well. Jaesoon will surely be more desperate when he find out about it. The one he loves is going to leave right after she can see his face.
 
Junhyung scoffs. Why does he even bother to think about it? It's not like he can, no, he wants to change the fact. He is going to take away Yeona's soul without any doubt.
 
He stares at his hand, the cold hand that feels Yeona's warm touch for seconds last night. He doesn't understand how Yeona can make him feel uneasy just by a simple touch of her fingers.
 
"Are you slacking, Junhyung?" Doojoon chuckles, resting his chin on his hand. He takes a sip of the black coffee, gazing at his 'junior'. "Or are you thinking about Kim Yeona?"
 
Junhyung takes a seat in front of Doojoon and, as soon as he sits, a glass of hot tea appears on the table. Junhyung ignores the tea and stares at Doojoon, "It's not like I need to stay 24/7 with her."
 
"You're right," Doojoon puts down the cup on the table with a smile. He examines Junhyung's face, feeling amused by the fact that Junhyung is running to this cafe thrice in a week.
 
They are at the cafe which is dedicated for all Angels of Death. Sometimes Angels of Death will meet here, talking about their 'client's, exchanging thoughts about their last wishes, or just avoiding their 'client's for various reasons.
 
Junhyung prefers to be alone actually but he hates the rain more than the crowd in the cafe. Besides when he is in the cafe, he will usually meet Doojoon, making him to forget about the thought he has in mind.
 
"How's your 'client'?" Junhyung asks, trying to change the subject from Yeona to Doojoon's 'client'. "I've heard you are working on three 'client's now."
 
"You have your trusted source of news, eh?" Doojoon claps his hands together, teasing Junhyung a little. He is indeed one of the mysterious Angel of Death who loves to smile. "Yes, a man, his wife, and his seven years old son."
 
Junhyung doesn't reply but his mind is forming the image of the three persons who are going to die soon. He remembers that he also had five clients in one time, around a week after he started being Angel of Death.
 
All of them died in a car accident. That time was kind of hard for Junhyung since he needed to grant five of their last wishes. And when he thinks about it, it hasn't been long since he started to work as Angel of Death.
 
When he is thinking about it, Doojoon's question snaps him back, "Aren't you going to meet her again tonight?"
 
"No," Junhyung reaches out to take his tea, drinking it carefully. He doesn't feel anything, just plain liquid goes through his throat. "She is irritating."
 
"Now that is new for me to know. I don't think an ordinary girl can get on your nerve," Doojoon leans to the back of the chair, smirking mysteriously. "I can assume that Yeona is really beautiful, isn't she?"
 
Junhyung frowns, thinking how ridiculous Doojoon is right now. Does he think that Junhyung is falling for Yeona because of her beauty? No, Junhyung doesn't even know the definition of beauty anymore.
 
"What is her last wish?" Doojoon asks another question now that his smirk has disappeared. "The last time you told me, she wanted to see her boyfriend's face."
 
"She doesn't change her wish," Junhyung replies without any change in his tone. He knows that Yeona is serious about her last wish.
 
An Angel of Death can't read mind but he sure can know the sincerity of words. When Yeona told him about her last wish, he knew that Yeona didn't have another wish at that time. If she was lying, Junhyung would know it right away.
 
"Have you tried to find her boyfriend then?" Doojoon gives him another question. "You know, you can grant her wish sooner than you thought."
 
"She is going to see him the day before her last day," Junhyung tells him coldly. He doesn't like useless effort. "Besides she still have chance to change her last wish. You are the one who told me to give our 'client's time to think."
 
Doojoon smiles. He is right.
 
There are still eight days left for Yeona.