12: 31.10.11

Last Wish of a Heart
Junhyung leans to the wall with his usual expresionless face. He is watching Yeona knitting a white scarf. She doesn't look like a blind one when she does it.
 
Today is the second day Junhyung accompanies Yeona. He still need to do this for twelve days. He doesn't complaint or argue for this rule since he doesn't care what to do as well. With Yeona who can't see, it makes him feel better because Yeona will not care about whatever he is doing.
 
But Yeona never leave silence fills the air for too long.
 
"Junhyung, can you tell me more about Angels of Death?" Yeona asks another question. Her fingers are working the scarf carefully.
 
Since Yeona woke up this morning and her sister left her to the office, Yeona always tries to open up a conversation with Junhyung. Partly because she can feel his presence around her and she doesn't want to leave Junhyung alone while she is there with him.
 
Mostly Yeona talked about Jaesoon. Even though Junhyung didn't ask a single question, Yeona was really happy to tell more about Jaesoon.
 
About how good he is in composing music. About how handsome he is when he is smiling; he will let Yeona touches his face whenever he smiles and Yeona assumes that he is handsome. About how Jaesoon cares for her.
 
She also told Junhyung that her sister was the one who read Jaesoon's letter to her. Jaesoon didn't use flirtations in his letter so Yeona didn't mind if someone else read the letter.
 
Yeona even talked about her favorite music. She mentioned her favorite songs and Jaesoon once taught her how to play a piano.
 
Junhyung didn't respond towards her story. Not even a single word. He doesn't care. Despite the fact that Yeona is feeling happy because she has someone to talk with, Junhyung is feeling a little bit irritated by Yeona's cheerfulness.
 
This is the first time his 'client' doesn't beg for life span or an extra ordinary last wish. He doesn't know why he must bother his mind with Yeona but it is stirring his mind slightly.
 
Due to what Doojoon taught him, Junhyung replies to her question; he just doesn't respond to her story, not her questions, "What do you want to know about Angels of Death?"
 
A happy smile curves on Yeona's lips. She is glad that Junhyung finally says something to her. She is somewhat afraid that Junhyung will be mad at her for talking non sense.
 
Yeona always want to have many good friends but her condition doesn't allow her to do that. Instead of spending times with friends, she always ends up locked in her own room alone.
 
She couldn't study in a public school because of her blindness. Her family is not wealthy and she lost her parents when she was ten years old because of fire accident. It was her worst state in life where she and her sister must moved from house to house of their relatives.
 
"Anything," Yeona stops her knitting. "I will be happy to know. Don't worry, I'm not going to tell anyone."
 
Of course she is not going to tell anyone. It's not like people will believe with what she said about Angels of Death. Their existence is nothing more than a fairytale or folklore for ordinary people.
 
And he hates the 'anything' or 'whatever' answer. It doesn't help him at all. He wants a clear answer.
 
"I asked and you didn't answer," Junhyung scoffs. He feels that this conversation is ridiculous. His eyes find a beautiful and elegant music box on the table, next to her notebook.
 
Yeona feels guilty all of a sudden. She can't see Junhyung's expression right now but she can feel that Junhyung doesn't like the way she answered his question. Yeona just wants to be a friend with Junhyung within her last days.
 
"I'm sorry...," Yeona pouts, apologizing to Junhyung. "I know I'm really annoying. I'm just thinking that I can do something before I die. This scarf, I will knit it for Jaesoon Oppa. I will make another scarf for my sister. I don't have any good friends so I think maybe, just maybe, I can be friends with you."
 
Junhyung feels another uneasy feeling because of Yeona's apology. He doesn't need her apology since he doesn't even care about what the girl is going to do but something inside of him doesn't let him to ignore her.
 
"I'm going to answer your question if you answer mine," Junhyung mutters coldly. "That will be fair."
 
Yeona blinks with excitement, having a wide smile on her face. At least it means Junhyung want to talk with her.
 
"Who gave you this music box?" Junhyung points the music box with his finger but he quickly pulls his finger back, feeling like a fool because he just remembers that Yeona can't see what he is doing.
 
"Ah, it's a birthday gift from Jaesoon Oppa," a smile of the girl who is falling in love appears. "He said the box color is pink and it's really beautiful."
 
Junhyung opens the music box slowly and the melodies of Moonlight Sonata, a piece of classical music by Ludwig van Beethoven fills the room. And another uneasy feeling crosses his heart again but he get shoves away the feeling quickly.
 
"Can I ask a question for you now?" Yeona asks politely, hoping that Junhyung will let her continue their conversation.
 
"Yes?" Junhyung closes the music box, stopping the beautiful melodies all of a sudden. He turns to look at Yeona who starts to work with the scarf again.
 
"Can I still love someone when I'm already dead?" Yeona speaks out her thought innocently. She is wondering whether she can still watch over Jaesoon or not after she leave.
 
"You will not remember a single thing in the afterlife," Junhyung answers without hesitation. He knows that maybe Yeona will feel sad to know the truth but then she is the one who asked and she will get the answer from Junhyung.
 
"Oh," Yeona can't hide her disappointment. She knits the scarf in silence, trying to think about another question for Junhyung.
 
She can hear the sound of spreaded wings; Junhyung just spreaded his black wings, ready to soar. He is going to meet Doojoon to report about his current task. It's not a necessary but Junhyung just wants to stay away from Yeona for a moment.
 
He doesn't like the uneasy feeling whenever Yeona smiled and talked about Jaesoon. So he decides to meet Doojoon and checks for his next task after Yeona.
 
"I will be back later," Junhyung murmurs to Yeona and flies away from the window, leaving Yeona alone with sadness.
 
Yeona is living her last twelve days on Earth.