9: 03.11.11

Last Wish of a Heart
Yeona just finished her knitting. She puts the white scarf for Jaesoon on her bed, smiling happily because she has done one thing she can leave for the one she loves. She is thankful that her sister taught her how to knit.
 
It was really difficult for her at first. Everything was very difficult for Yeona. She was desperate with the fact that she is blind; she couldn't do whatever she wanted to like the other ordinary girls. And it made her frustrated.
 
After her parents passed away, everything seemed collapsing. Yeona was locking herself far from everyone including her sister. They kept moving from house to house to find their relatives who could accept their as extras.
 
That was the moment which changed Yeona's life. She met Jaesoon who gladly befriended her without any exception. He was willing to give up his times to spend with Yeona while her sister was working hard for her.
 
Yeona and her average life couldn't find a way to go under an operation for her eyes. It's not like it was easy to find a generous person who would donate his/her eyes. So there she went, living with her dark world.
 
But Jaesoon became her light. With every gesture he made, he taught Yeona about happiness and love. Yeona fell in love with Jaesoon and no word could describe how happy she was when Jaesoon asked her to be his girlfriend.
 
Her sister, of course, agreed upon their relationship without any hesitation. Jaesoon's parents didn't have a word to say. They met Yeona before and, after Jaesoon convinced them, they tried their best to treat Yeona as their own daughter even though they didn't meet her often because of their works.
 
The day when Yeona received Jaesoon's first letter, it was the day when Jaesoon took a flight to Japan. It was a sudden decision but since he promised Yeona to meet her on the operation day, Yeona sent him off with a smile, telling him not to worry about herself.
 
Jaesoon even called Yeona once that night, assuring her that he had arrived at Japan safely. Then he promised that he would send another letter in ten days. And Jaesoon never broke his promises.
 
"Junhyung?" Yeona feels that someone is in her room. She waits for seconds in silence, hoping that Junhyung will respond her call. She wants to apologize because of whatever she did yesterday that made Junhyung to fly away.
 
"Yes?" Junhyung gives her a short reaction. He folds his wings, straightening his black tie. It is raining heavily outside and he hates the pouring rain in the night.
 
It's the first time he comes to check on Yeona at night. He always came in the morning or evening when Yeona was alone, not in the night where they had done with dinner.
 
Yeona has spent the whole day thinking about the way to apologize to Junhyung. She doesn't know what made him mad yesterday but she knows he is mad at her.
 
When she is going to say the words of apology, the lightning strikes the earth. Being a blind girl with sensitive hearing, Yeona flinces in surprise, covering her ears with both of her hands.
 
No matter how many times Jaesoon told her that it's alright when it's raining, Yeona always feels insecure. It's bad enough that she can't see a single thing. She doesn't need scary noises to make her unsure about things around her.
 
Junhyung notices her gesture. Not that he can read what is going through her mind but he knows that she is irritated by the lightning.
 
Another lightning hits the earth, causing a loud noise to fill the room. Yeona flinches again, tightening the covers on her ears. She doesn't want to make her sister worry about her; she knows her sister is tired from working time to time for their lives.
 
Junhyung takes off his black blazer, putting it on Yeona's head. There is no single rule that told him to wear black suit. He just prefers black than other colors. It's not like someone is going to complaint about his clothes either.
 
Yeona is surprised by his gesture. She can feel a piece of cloth on her head. Junhyung doesn't let go of his grip on his blazer, "It's just lightnings."
 
Those words make Yeona feels better in a way. She reaches out her hand to touch Junhyung's hand, feeling the cold hand of an Angel of Death. Junhyung quickly pulls away his hand, surprised by her warm touch.
 
"I'm sorry...," Yeona apologizes automatically, feeling guilty. She manages to smile again, "Thank you. I feel better now."
 
Junhyung doesn't reply her words. He just stands there, looking at Yeona who is gripping on his blazer. Her smile makes him wonder. Why does she make his heart to feel this uneasy feeling?
 
But he knows one thing for sure.
 
This whole dark world is going to end soon for her. The whole insecure feeling Yeona has right now. The full uneasy heart Junhyung feels now.
 
Nine days. No more, no less.