10: 02.11.11

Last Wish of a Heart
"Junhyung, are you still there?" Yeona tilts her head, wondering where Junhyung is standing right now. She tries to focus her hearing but there is no sound at all.
 
But Junhyung is there, standing on his usual stand, leaning to the wall in silence. The electricity just went down. Looks like something happened to the power switches.
 
Junhyung still can see because the darkness doesn't affect his sight. He waves his hand slightly and the light turns on again. Even though he is an Angel of Death, he doesn't like to stand in darkness.
 
He turns to look at Yeona and suddenly he feels stupid. Why did he even bother to use his power to turn on the light. It's not like there is any difference for Yeona whether the light is on or off; her world is pitch black for more than twenty years.
 
Yeona is still tilting her head, hoping that Junhyung will say something to her. She can feel that he is there with her in the room but she doesn't know why he doesn't say a word to her.
 
"I'm here," that's all he says to Yeona. He stares at the blind girl who has a curve on her lips now after she heard Junhyung's voice.
 
Junhyung knows more than basic information about Yeona now. Since he listened to her the whole day yesterday, he must admit that he let himself to absorb too many information about this 'client', something that he never did before.
 
Mostly Yeona talked about Jaesoon, just like what Junhyung thought. Jaesoon has taken almost half of her life span till now; they met when Yeona was twelve years old.
 
She told him that Jaesoon was the one who accepted her without any exception for the first time, after her parents and sister of course. He was her neighbour. He was two years older than Yeona but he was really wise, Yeona said.
 
Jaesoon was the one who taught her about being grateful in life. No matter how hard life been to her, Yeona must stay strong, Jaesoon told her. Because Jaesoon promised her that he would always stay with her, no matter what happened.
 
He was also the one who taught her about how beautiful the world was. He said to Yeona that there were so many things she needed to see one day.
 
When Yeona moved to the apartment with her sister, Jaesoon didn't continue his study to college. Instead he started to work as music composer because he had his passion in music. Yeona supported him with all her heart.
 
When Jaesoon was accepted as a permanent music composer in a music company, they celebrated it together by going to a musical theatre. It was their first time to watch a musical theatre; Jaesoon told her about how the performance was going on all the time.
 
And that night, Jaesoon asked her to be his girlfriend, which was Yeona accepted right away. Jaesoon had her heart through her whole life anyway.
 
Yesterday, once in a while, Yeona would stop talking, just to make sure that Junhyung was still there with her. Yeona's story was cut by her sister's presence since she returned earlier yesterday.
 
"I'm sorry," Yeona suddenly speaks out of nothing. She smiles sheepishly. "You must be really bored, listening to me blabbering. I'm so sorry, Junhyung."
 
Junhyung doesn't reply her. He doesn't understand what this girl is thinking. They are nothing to be referred to. Not even friends. But she treats him like he is her best friend.
 
And this fact is annoying him. She makes him feel guilty. She makes him feel like he is ignoring her kindness to him, which he doesn't plan to do.
 
"Are you going to change your last wish?" Junhyung diverts the topic all of a sudden. He puts his hands inside his pockets. "You still have a chance to change the wish."
 
Yeona flinches a little because of the question. Even though she does accept the fact that she is going to die soon, it feels hurt to be reminded that her days of life are decreasing slowly. She is trying to shove away the harsh reality, thinking of Junhyung as her last best friend.
 
But looks like Junhyung doesn't feel the same. He wants to keep their relationship as nothing more than a messenger of Death and 'client'. Nothing will change that.
 
"I can't think of one now even if I can change it," Yeona forces a smile, ignoring the heartache she is feeling. "I'm sorry, Junhyung."
 
Junhyung doesn't understand why Yeona keeps apologizing to him. She makes him looks like a bad person, not that he cares since no one can see him either, but he just doesn't like the guilty feeling.
 
How he hopes that he has another 'client' to take care now so he doesn't need to soar randomly when he feels uneasy with Yeona; he does it whenever he feels like he wants to.
 
And this is the time when he wants to be alone, when Yeona has a forced smile and sad expression. Junhyung hates it when she does it.
 
Why? He asked himself but he doesn't find the answer.
 
"I'm going," Junhyung spreads his black wings, gazing at the sky. He knows the rain is going to fall soon but he doesn't care. It's not like he is going to be sick or else.
 
"Eh?" Yeona turns slightly, knowing that Junhyung is heading to the window to leave. "W-wait, I-"
 
Junhyung doesn't bother to stay longer. He flies away, wandering around in the middle of the rain to shove away the thought he has in the mind.
 
It's alright, he keeps telling himself.
 
Just ten more days.