11: 01.11.11

Last Wish of a Heart
Junhyung enters Yeona's bedroom from the opened window. Since yesterday, Yeona didn't close her window even though her sister has closed it from time to time.
 
She wanted to leave it open for Junhyung because Junhyung didn't return to her room after he left to meet Doojoon. After their awkward conversation that led Yeona to know that she can't remember a thing after she die.
 
Junhyung doesn't need an entrance to enter her room actually. He can go through everything since he is an Angel of Death; nothing can stop him from taking a life. But he just doesn't want to do any useless effort so he rather enters a room from the window or door.
 
It's afternoon and it's raining heavily. Yeona is cuddling on her bed with her teddy bear, having a bright smile on her face. She notices someone is in her room and her smile becomes wider.
 
"Junhyung?" Yeona calls his name, wondering where he is standing right now. "You're back!"
 
Junhyung folds his black wings and stares at Yeona. He knows that this girl is the cheerful one but something must has happened, something that can make her happier today.
 
And he finds out what the reason is when his eyes lock at the envelope next to Yeona. Looks like Yeona, or maybe her sister, just read the letter.
 
"Jaesoon Oppa's letter just arrived this morning. I'm glad to know he is doing fine at Japan," Yeona tries to locate the letter with her fingers. After she found it, she lifts it up in the middle of the air, "Here. You can read it."
 
Junhyung frowns. He doesn't want to read the letter. It's not his concern and it's not like anything will change after he read the letter.
 
Yeona is going to leave the world soon. No matter how good Jaesoon is doing or whatever he will try to do, her death is inevitable.
 
But he just returned from the realm of Death where he met Doojoon and reported to him about Yeona. He didn't say much. He just told Doojoon about Yeona's blindness and her boyfriend.
 
As usual, Doojoon didn't respond with words too much. He just smiled calmly, listening to every single word Junhyung said to him. Doojoon always be a good listener even if Junhyung is not a good talker either.
 
Doojoon asked Junhyung whether if Yeona deserved to die or not. Junhyung answered it without hesitation that Yeona's life is not determined by him. She is destined to die.
 
Junhyung is a new Angel of Death. Unlike Doojoon who has worked for at least a hundred tasks, Yeona is his thirteenth task. He is doing well with his work since he is expressionless, making him not to get attached with his 'client'.
 
He met some Angels of Death during his sixth and seventh task. He found out that some Angels of Death still have the human feelings inside of them slightly, which were actually a big problem since they were supposed to treat everyone equally.
 
Doojoon once again reminded him that he must take care of Yeona since she will leave the world soon. Angel of Death is not only about taking a life and leave, but it's about taking care of a soul, Doojoon said to him.
 
So Junhyung returned with another uneasy feeling in his heart, especially after knowing that Yeona's smile is because of Jaesoon's letter. He doesn't understand why he is feeling annoyed because of this fact.
 
He steps closer to Yeona and takes the letter from Yeona. He opens the envelope and opens it swiftly, reading the letter in silence.
 
"Dear Yeona,
 
are you doing alright there? I hope you are. I'm doing perfectly good here.
 
It's November 1st today so it means this is my third letter to you.
 
Japan is good. I hope you can visit Japan someday. This place gives me inspiration to compose the music. People said they like my creation.
 
It's almost winter. Please take care of yourself there. Don't forget to wear jacket to warm yourself. I will do the same here.
 
Yeona ah, I miss you. I really do. Do you remember what we are doing last year on November 1st?
 
We went to an amusement park. You said you felt excited just by hearing the visitors and you wanted to visit there again next year. I'm sorry I can't fulfill the promise today.
 
I need to work now, Yeona ah. I'll send you another letter in ten days. The day you have the operation, I will be the first one you see when you open your eyes.
 
It's a promise.
 
Saranghae.
 
Yong Jaesoon"
 
 
It is a short letter but Junhyung can sense the thing called love from this piece of paper. He doesn't understand why Yeona can be really happy just because of this letter.
 
"Are you sure he will be the first one you see?" the question comes from Junhyung. He doesn't change his cold tone and he doesn't really care about the answer. He just said it out of the blue.
 
"It's a promise," Yeona answers softly. Her lips don't stop forming a curve. "I believe him."
 
Junhyung puts the letter back to the envelope. He drops the envelope on the table, not even bothering to tell Yeona where he leaves the letter. It's not like she can't read it, Junhyung said to himself.
 
"I miss Jaesoon Oppa," Yeona murmurs vividly but clear enough for Junhyung to hear. She hugs the teddy bear as her smile changes into a weak smile. "I'm going to miss him more after I die, I guess."
 
He doesn't say a word. He knows that Yeona just wants to say something. He leans to the wall, looking at Yeona, "You can talk about him if you want."
 
Yeona looks up. No, she can't see anything but it's her usual reaction when she is not sure that she just heard something. She smiles with excitement, "Really?"
 
And the day goes with Yeona talking everything about Jaesoon which is, ironically, making Junhyung feels irritated for no reason.
 
But he keeps silence.
 
It's not like he is going to listen to Yeona everyday.
 
Eleven days more, counting from today.