13: 30.10.11

Last Wish of a Heart
Junhyung takes a glance at the calendar on the table. He remembers that somewhere in the West, people will celebrate Halloween Day tomorrow. It's a coincidence that Kim Yeona meets him as, the Angel of Death, tonight on Halloween's Eve.
 
Kim Yeona, a twenty one years old blind girl who will spend her thirteen last days before she die in a plane accident on November 11th, 2011.
 
He finds this girl is quite interesting. She still hasn't think of her last wish but she doesn't seem to be surprised with his presence. She believes that Junhyung is an Angel of Death and her death is inevitable.
 
"Junhyung, are you still there?" Yeona calls out his name softly. Yeona is focusing her hearing, hoping that she will know where Junhyung is standing. "Does Angel of Death eat something? I want to drink something so maybe I can prepare food for you."
 
'No," Junhyung answers with his usual monotone. He doesn't understand why this girl is being extremely kind to an Angel of Death.
 
"I see," Yeona stands up from her bed and walks to the door. She has been trained to walk around in the apartment by herself since she is born blind.
 
Junhyung follows her from behind, watching her preparing a cup of tea by herself despite the fact that she can't see at all. Yeona even returns to her bedroom without any difficulties, sitting back on her bed with Junhyung stands in front of her.
 
"Have you think about your last wish?" Junhyung asks the same question again. Usually people will give him more than one wish to fulfill but this gir, he can detect her heart, is currently thinking of nothing to wish. She is saying the truth.
 
"I'm going for an operation on November 10th," Yeona opens up a conversation, which is something Junhyung doesn't expect. He is asking her last wish, not her life story. "Someone donated his eyes to me so I will undergo the operation and I can see the world."
 
Junhyung stays silence. He doesn't think it is a necessary for him to respond. It's not like he cares about Yeona. She is his 'client' for thirteen days. Nothing less, nothing more.
 
"You know, Junhyung, your voice is really similar with my boyfriend," Yeona chuckles, putting the cup on the desk. "I thought you were him when you introduced yourself. It will be really surprising if you share the same name with him."
 
Junhyung frowns. What is this girl trying to say? He knows that the hearing of blind one is sensitive and accurate but it's impossible for him to be similar with a human.
 
"His name is Yong Jaesoon. He is currently staying at Japan for his works as a music composer," Yeona starts talking about her beloved boyfriend with sincerity. "He always sends me a letter every 10 days because he is really busy. He will send me another letter in three days."
 
Yeona stands up and opens her cabinet, taking two envelopes from inside. Her fingers trace the letters and a smile curve on her lips as the memory she shared with her boyfriend comes in mind.
 
"Jaesoon Oppa is a really caring person. He loves me even though I'm blind. He is the one who found this generous man who donated his eyes for me," Yeona mumbles as Junhyung steps closer to her, glancing at the letters. "Jaesoon Oppa promised that he will meet me after my operation. If I'm going to die on November 11th, I still can meet him, right?"
 
Junhyung looks at the handwriting on the letters. He can sense that the guy who wrote the letters must be really in love with Yeona. His Angel of Death's instinct.
 
"I want to see Jaesoon Oppa," Yeona puts the envelopes close to her chest. "I want to thank him before I die. So I think my last wish is to see his face."
 
Junhyung has noted it in his mind: Kim Yeona's last wish is to see her boyfriend's face. It's not really difficult since she is going to see him after the operation.
 
"Yeona!" a sound of her sister echoes. Her sister just arrived from the office and she wants to have dinner with her little sister. "I bought you pizza. Do you want some?"
 
"Yes," Yeona answers, putting back the envelopes in the cabinet. When her hand has reached the handle, she mutters, "Can my sister see you?"
 
"No," Junhyung answers shortly. He doesn't plan to build any kind of relationship with his 'client'. His seventh 'client' is a woman and she fell in love with Junhyung during the days they were together, which was, of course, ignored by Junhyung since he doesn't feel anything towards anyone.
 
"I can see you on the last day, right? I want to see your face too, Junhyung. I hope I can see you smile. I think you must be handsome," Yeona says calmly with her usual sweet smile.
 
Junhyung doesn't say a word. Yeona walks out from the room to meet her sister. They talk about random things during dinner, enjoying the dinner together.
 
It is such an unfortunate but this scene of sisterhood is going to vanish in thirteen days.
 
Countdown to her last day starts.