Chapter 21

Theft in the Dark (Old)

Bang! A gunshot woke Luhan from his slumber just as the sun started to creep back up over the horizon. Instinctively, he rolled off the bed to get down low, out of view from the window. That single shot was all there was though, and it took him a couple minutes before he felt it was okay to get up. Looking back at the bed, horror spread across his face. Luhan screamed out in agony as he rushed to the side of his beloved Taemin. "Who?! Why?!", he choked out through his sobs. Desperately, he pressed the comforter on the hole in Taemin's chest, where blood was pouring out. The guards burst in shortly after they hear the shot. Quickly, they lift Taemin and carry him to the nearest doctor they have on payroll. Luhan followed alongside them on Luna's back.

All doctors in Seoul were rounded up by force from Taemin's men, and taken to tend to their fallen leader. With their combined resources and experience, the odds looked a little better than slim, but no one could be too sure. Luhan sat outside the room they'd tried their best to sterilize, sitting so anxiously as he heard soft grunts and groans from Taemin now and then. There was no anesthesia, so Taemin was awake, although slightly numb, as they cut him open to pull the bullet out and stitch together everything that had been nicked. A sickly looking nurse came out eventually,"This man has lost a lot of blood. He needs a transfusion quickly. Does anyone know his blood type? And does anyone have that blood type?", he asked quickly.

Luhan stood up immediately,"I have type O blood. Take as much from me as he needs", he was very quick to volunteer himself, because it didn't seem like Taemin had much time left to be wasted. Without another word, the nurse pushed him gently to sit back in his chair and stuck a needle in his arm. He collected 2 pints in a bag, which left Luhan awfully woozy because of how fast he lost those 2 pints. Luhan blinked and was amazed to find several minutes had gone by. The nurse had already zipped off with the blood to give it to Taemin. As much as he wanted to stay awake to be there the moment Taemin was okay again, his eyelids just wouldn't stay open. Soon after they closed he drifted away for a while.

The doctors tried their best, and did all they could, more motivated than usual even, because of the amount of unhappy people with guns there would be if Taemin didn't make it. After several hours, they finally got Taemin to stay stable for more than a few minutes. They kept a close watch on him after they closed him up, and only let Luhan into the room. Still drowsy, Luhan wobbled over to the bed Taemin was sleeping in. He climbed onto it and curled up beside him with his arms wrapped gently around him. "Minnie.... I need you to make it. Please...", he whispered softly in his ear as he played with Taemin's hair. As he eventually passed out again he laced his fingers together with Taemin's, holding on tightly to his hand as if he wouldn't let his one love in the world slip through his fingers so easily.

The next time he awoke, Luhan was quicker this time, catching the sound of a gun being loaded before the trigger could be pulled. He rolled over on top of Taemin protectively, which made him grunt with pain. "Move....", a strong, commanding voice told him. Luhan turned to face upwards, lightly leaning back on Taemin to shield him with his body. As he looked up his eyes widened with surprise. The barrel of a gun was inches from his face, held by a ragged looking Minho. It looked as if the man hadn't slept in the last 24 hours. His eyes were dark, colder than ice, his hair a tangled mess, and he wore a black hoodie that seemed to blend in with the night.

"If you're going to kill him you'll have to kill both of us, because I won't be without him", Luhan said clearly, without a tremor in his tone. He had no fear of death. Just less than a month ago he was begging Taemin to deliver him to Death's doorstep. Minho seemed just as stubborn though. Neither backed down for a while, both staring intensely at each other for what seemed to be an eternity. The whole world went quiet as they waited for a gunshot to rip through the silence, but it never came. Minho slowly lowered his weapon, putting it back in the holster strapped across his waist. "Did you do this to him?!", Luhan asked furiously.

Minho stepped closer to the bed, glaring at the unconscious Taemin, whom was clinging to life with all he's got left. "Of course I did. He took what's mine, and I won't stand around letting people rob me. If I let someone run off with one of my precious gems, then what would keep others from trying to steal from me? Now let's go, my gem. You're lucky I was so merciful to your little side lover here, but you're gonna pay for it tonight when I get you in bed", he winked as he looked over at Luhan, smirking. Then he lifted up the still woozy Luhan, throwing him over his shoulder like a sack.

Luhan weakly pounded his fists on Minho's back, trying to squirm out of his grasp. As this happened, Taemin slowly awoke, rubbing his eyes sleepily. "Honey?", he mumbled as he looked around, snapping awake when he saw Luhan squirming in a strange man's hold while the man carried him off. He sat up quickly, but then paused because it hurt him badly to do so. "Guards! Get him!", Taemin called out, but no one came. As Luhan was carried out, he saw that Taemin's men all had a bullet hole through their forehead. After the two left, the doctors and the nurse came in to check on Taemin from where they had been hiding in a storage closet together. Taemin quickly went into shock after trying to chase after them. All the doctors put him back in bed, strapping him to it after they calmed him down, so that he wouldn't further strain himself. "Somebody get my Honey...", he muttered as he fell back unconscious again.