Chapter 16

Theft in the Dark (Old)

Every tick of the clock made Tao shudder. His whole body trembled at the thought of upsetting the man upstairs, so he tried to work quickly, although carefully as well to not make a mistake in his rush. How could someone make a mistake while making a simple sandwich? Well when you are nervous enough to be shaking uncontrollably, everything is a challenge. Perhaps stalling for time would be the better option, he thought, but quickly that idea was pushed away when he remembered the burns he'd gotten the last time he upset his master. He could feel the lit cigar being forced against his arm again and again, hear his own screams, and drown in the smoke that filled his own lungs. Tao was snapped out of his state of horror when the devil himself came down the stairs. Every slow step down made the stairs creak so eerily Tao's heart raced faster and faster each time he heard the sound.

"What's keeping you, my pretty~? I'm hungry....", a man's deep voice whispered right into his ear. The man played absentmindedly with Tao's long flowing locks of soft brown hair. He wasn't ever allowed to cut it. His master loved long hair so much that he forbade it. Now it was longer than even most girls' hair, reaching all the way down to just above his bum. He grew more nervous inside as the taller man peered over his shoulder to inspect his work. Tao put the slice of bread on top quickly to finish it. The man's arm wrapped around Tao's waist to keep him close to him, making Tao squeak with scared surprise. He watched with much tension as his master picked up the sandwich and ate it. Since it seemed to satisfy the man, a sigh of relief came from his lips.

"M-Master..... Is there anything else you need?", Tao asked softly, using a sweet and innocent, almost feminine voice, as his master always required him to. He bit his lip a bit as he kept his eyes glued to the ground. Trying to remember to stick to all of his master's rules, he didn't want to upset him by accidentally looking him in the eyes.

The man smirked and d both sides of Tao's when he finished eating. "You know what I always need after a meal....", he whispered into Tao's ear just before dragging his tongue slowly over Tao's already hickey covered neck. "Hmmm I wonder what amazingly handsome man gave you those~", he said with a grin that was always simple enough to terrify Tao.

Tao forced a soft moan to keep his master appeased. "Y-You did~ M-My sweet.... Handsome.... Loving... Amazing... Charming....", he paused, because it was so hard for him still, even though he's spent his whole life with this man, to say it. When he saw the man start to frown he knew he had go say it or he'd be burned again as punishment, maybe even worse this time. "H-Husband....", he finally said softly. The word soon brought a smile of satisfaction back to his master's face.

"It's so nice that you're finally learning. I was afraid I'd have to keep training you forever. Maybe if you keep being good I'll let you meet some of my friends. I'm sure they'd love to see what a pretty wife I have. Oh the fun we could all have together.... Three of us all ramming into you at the same time... Damn, that'd be hot... We'd should practice more before we add more players to the mix though, get you loose enough to fit more than just me~", he winked and slipped his hand underneath the long white dress shirt Tao was wearing, that was the only thing he was wearing. It covered just over his , but nothing more. "And you being in the kitchen like this does excite my imagination....", the man chuckled as he bent Tao over the counter, pushing up the shirt to expose him.

In a terrified panic, Tao called out,"Master! W-Wouldn't it be more comfortable in the b-bedroom though? Please? Just this once I ask something of you, take me to the bedroom? I'll be a good wife! I'll meet your friends.... We can have that fun that you talked about...", he begged his master as he feared for his life. He knew that whenever his master got 'imaginative', he got cruel in his actions and was often very rough with him. Tao also knew that whenever they were in the bedroom he was much gentler, as the bedroom was seen as a more romantic place in his husband's messed up mind.

The man was silent for a little while, but then sighed and rolled his eyes. "Very well... Meet me upstairs you little vixen~ Aren't you so lucky to have such a sweet husband who listens to you?", the man said, and chuckled as he went back up the stairs with a beer from the fridge.

As soon as the man left, Tao broke down into tears. He kept quiet, so that he would not be heard, and tried to calm himself down, but he just couldn't stop the tears from streaming down his cheeks. How did his life end up this way? None of this was his fault. He was raised into this life, raised to be the wife of a crazy sadistic man. "Sweetheart~?", the man called from upstairs, telling Tao to hurry. Tao wiped away the tears with the dress shirt he wore, and took some deep breaths to calm himself. He couldn't let his master know that he had been crying, his master hated that more than anything. Then it happened, liberation. 

As Tao was cleaning up the kitchen real quick, he was suddenly sent flying back against a wall by a shockwave that seemed to ripple the earth. The glass cabinets had burst, and hundreds of tiny shards became embeded in his eyes. He screamed and cried hard as blood now streaked down his cheeks. Then when he smelled smoke he knew he had to do something, because there was fire in the house. He rose to his feet, holding up a kitchen towel to his eyes to keep the blood at bay. Blindly, he felt his way around, following the screams and yells of his master, since that was the only direction he had to go off of.

Upstairs, he opened the door to his husband's bedroom, and heard the screams more clearly now along with the crackling of a raging fire. "Tao! Help me! I'm trapped under part of the roof!", the man called out to him and grabbed Tao's ankle. Tao freaked out when he was touched, since he couldn't see. He shook the man off of him. Then when he realized he was close to him, he started to kick the man in the a dozen times as hard as he could. With the roof crushing his chest, there was nothing that wicked man could do to him anymore. He was free now, and it felt so good, even if his eyes were experiencing the worst pain possible.

"DIE YOU BASTARD!", Tao screamed as loud as he could. After the man stopped groaning and grunting every time Tao kicked him, it set it that he must be dead or unconscious. The fire drew his attention again as the room got hotter and hotter. Tao ran back the way he'd came, and felt his way around downstairs for the way out. He managed to crawl his way out just before the house collapsed. On the sidewalk outside what used to be their house, is where he too collapsed. Whatever happened now, whether died or lived, he did not care. Knowing that he finally got away from that awful man made him happy, so he would die happy now if his body were to give out on him now.

Tao awoke panting heavily, pretty much gasping for breath as if he'd just spent four minutes submerged underwater fighting for his life. "Sehun....?", he said softly in between gasps. It was clear that he was having a panic attack, because his gasping and panting did not stop after a few times, he was hyperventilating. 

The touch of a cold metal hand against his cheek is what finally calmed him down. "Shhhhh..... Calm down, I'm right here", he said softly as he gently Tao's cheek with his thumb. Tao's breathing was finally back under control once he felt his soothing touch to his cheek. Once Tao had calmed, Sehun calmed down inside too. Seeing Tao choking on air had worried him deeply, but he had to act calm to keep others calm. Letting out a sigh of relief, he smiled a little, joking around even to lighten up the mood,"Now you're dreaming about me? Gosh you must be so obsessed with me~", he said with a chuckle and brushed some hair out of Tao's face.

Tao sat up and shoved Sehun's shoulder,"Yah! Quit being so full of yourself. Not everyone is as in love with you as you are", he said as he scooted over away from Sehun, but Sehun laughed and pulled him into his lap.

"Not everyone, but you sure are~ When will you just admit that you've been dying to kiss me all this time?", Sehun asked as he wrapped his arms around Tao's waist gently, so he wouldn't disturb his healing ribs.

"You told me never to lie to you again", Tao stuck his tongue out childishly after he spoke. Sehun smirked a little, tempted to Tao's tongue and trap him in a kiss, but Chanyeol and Fea were watching, so he thought it best not to embarrass Tao in front of them. He knew that Tao would definitely cut off his other arm if that happened. 

Besides, it would be a little more romantic if it happened while they were alone, so instead he just sighed and rolled his eyes,"Stubborn Stubborn Stubborn.... How many more years do I have to wait before you'll give this up?", he asks.

"A million years, long after we're all dead", Tao answers with a huff as he crosses his arms across his chest with a pout. 

Sehun laughed,"Only a million? Ah well good thing I'm a robot, so I'll never die. I'll gladly wait a million years for you", he says, kissing the top of Tao's head.

"I'll still be dead in a million years, pabo....", Tao said and flicked Sehun's forehead.

Fea giggled a little from where she sat on the other side of the little campfire they had made once they got tired. "You two are a cute couple, so sassy and sweet to each other~ How long have you been together?", she asked curiously, while she Choro's fur as he laid across her lap.

Sehun looked at Tao and then pecked his cheek,"Hmmmm I don't know... How long has it been now Honeybuns~? Five years? Feels like twenty to me, but that just goes to show you what kind of marriage we have. We have so much fun loving each other go death that time seems to fly by and soon it's like we've known each other our whole lives", he says, smiling softly as Tao frowns deeply.

Tao squirmed out of Sehun's arms, and kept his distance from him. "We're not a couple, we're not married, and we're certainly not in love. It's not funny anymore, Sehun. I'm not in love with you, nor will I ever be in love with anyone so shut up already. And don't you ever tell anyone we're married again. I'm nobody's goddamn wife!", clearly the mention of marriage had hit a nerve within Tao, because Sehun's usual casual joking about love had never made Tao quite so angry before. Sehun just watched with shock as Tao climbed back into the truck and went back to sleep.