Chapter Six

Spying on Love

 

JUSTKIDDING.

You didn't die!

That was a prank ^^

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

~Jaejoong's POV~

No. It couln't be. She can't die. She's ________.

Half mad, and half sad, I rushed down to where ________ lay, motionless. I carefully slid my arms under her limp body and carried her off the ground. I prayed to God that she was still alive as I reached to feel her pulse.

Looks like God might be on my side.

 

~Eun hee's POV~

I can't believe it. How can any guy resist me? I have the looks, the body, the money, and everything else they would want.. Dont I?

I asked Jaejoong to break up with her. And that stunned expression he had on his face already said no. And I probably looked to y when I told him that she would die today of he refused since he didn't give in. And that glare he gave me when I threatened him was seriously unhuman.

How can a guy glare at a goddess like me?

Whatever. i hoped my plan worked this time. He would HAVE to break up with her after this.

 

I took out my phone and texted Jaejoong

I was serious about what I said.

I never said you weren't.

I could imagine his angry expression as I read his response.

So are you going to do it? Or should I kill her a second time?

You can't.

What do you mean I can't?

Your funny.

Well I won't be when I show you ______'s corpse.

_________'s corpse? So they killed her? Panick-stricken I bolted right out the door.

 

"I thought I said just to injure her!" I exclaimed when I saw them.

"Oh well. She was just a girl," the guy _________ was trailing shrugged.

"Just a girl?" I hissed, "What did you do to her?"

"Not much," another guy answered, "We just had her fall off the fourth floor."

I restrained my urge to slap them.

"BWOH?!" I shouted, "That was not part of the deal!"

"Well, you gave us a good stack of your money, so just think of this as a gain for you," they replied calmly.

"Gain? Gain my ," I spat and stormed off.

 

I knew where Jaejoong was already. Every time I got injured, he would take me to his house and help me clean my wound and wrap a band-aid around it.

I rang the doorbell.

A few moments later, he appeared at the door.

I looked him up and down. His shirt was ripped, revealing a patch of toned muscle.

"What do you want?" he said.

"Where's _________?" I asked as I stepped inside the house.

"She's inside," he answered

"Is she still alive?" I wondered, half to myself.

His eyes flashed, and he pushed me outside, leaving just the two of us in his back yard.

"You touch her again, and I swear, you'll end up just as bad as she did today, but much worse."

"It wasn't my fault," I said nonchalantly, "You were the one who refused to break up with her."

"Well, even so, you didn't have to bribe the criminals to kill her," he growled.

"I gave you a choice," I retorted.

"It was either break up with her, and it had to be your way, or get her killed."

"Well breaking up with her my way is better then getting her killed. And besides, she deserves to die."

He was about to say something when we heard a gasp.

It was ___________.

 

~Your POV~

I woke up in a strange place. It was spacious and comfortable. What happened? Where am I? I stumbled out of bed and nearly tripped going down the stairs. There were two people in the backyard.

A girl and... Jaejoong.

I went for a closer look and realized the girl was Eun hee.

So this must be Jaejoong's house. Last time I checked, Eun hee's house had pictures of HER. Not Jaejoong. They were arguing over something, I could tell.

I limped to the backyard door. Why was I limping? Did something happen to me?

"You were the one who refused to break up with her," Eun hee said.

"Well, even so, you didn't have to bribe the criminals to kill her," Jaejoong growled.

Criminals? That somehow rang a bell in my memory.

"I gave you a choice," she retorted.

What choice?

"It was either break up with her, and it had to be your way, or get her killed."

That was when I remembered. Eun hee had to show him something. So she was threatening him that she would kill me if he doesn't break up with me? I recalled something else. I was chased by criminals all the way to the fourth floor of St. Philip and when Jaejoong came to save me, I fell.

"Well breaking up with her my way is better then getting her killed," Eun hee stated.

I would have agreed with her, but over these past few days... Jaejoong gained a new meaning in my life.

"And besides, she deserves to die," she continued.

I gasped. They turned and faced me, Jaejoong looked shocked. Realizing I wasn't supposed to hear all that, my instincts made me turn around and run.

I heard Jaejoong running after me, his footsteps got nearer and nearer. My legs got weaker. If I was healthy, I might have outran him.

I felt my knees give way. As much as i tried to keep going, my body wouldn't obey. It was exhausted, and in pain. Jaejoong caught me as I was about to hit the ground.

I struggled and tried to break free.

"_________, don't do that to yourself," he breathed.

I struggled more.

"__________, please. I don't want to see you in pain," he begged.

I stopped.

Well didn't I deserve to die?

He lifted me up gently and carried me to the room I was in beofre, when I was unconscious.

He set me down on the bed.

"How much did you hear?" he asked softly, like he didn't want to know.

"I didn't hear anything. What are you talking about?" I mumbled and turned away.

"Don't be like that," he coaxed.

I sat there, stiff.

He sighed.

"I always knew Eun hee didn't like me," I said to myself, "But I never knew she wanted me to die."

Jaejoong was silent.

"Maybe I should die," me mouth quivered.

I mean, Taemin was old enough to take care of himself. And I have no parents to worry about. Everybody in life hates me.

"I don't hate you," he interrupted my thoughts.

Wait. I said all that out loud? Great. =.=

My body turned and faced him.

Geez. Why did my body always disobey me? The last thing I wanted was for Jaejoong to see my tears.

 

~Jaejoong's POV~

My heart skipped a beat when she turned around.

She was crying...

My hand reached out to wipe her tears.

WHAT AM I DOING?!?!?!

"Don't cry..." I whispered.

Another tear rolled down her cheek and she leaned into my arms.

My eyes widened as I watched my own hand her hair.

 

~Your POV~

Eun hee is so lucky she has Jaejoong's heart.

I bet he would comfort her every time she's sad...

Smile and encourage her when things are tough...

And hug her and her hair when she's crying.

The worse part of this was... she doesn't even deserve it.

"I don't hate you ________. You have no idea how much you mean to me," Jaejoong told me softly.

"Not as much as how much Eun hee means to you," I replied matter-of-factly.

He snorted. "She means nothing to me now."

My heart stopped. What did he just say?

"W-What?" I stuttered.

"I don't like her anymore," he repeated.

"There's nothing she doesn't have," I objected, "How can a guy not like her?"

"She doesn't have a heart or that smile... " he explained dreamily.

I slowly faced him.

"You sound like your in love," I told him, faking a happy tone.

I can't stand it.

No i can't.

Something that's worse than having a guy you like love a is having the guy you like liking a girl that's nice AND pretty...

...Having him like someone you know is much, much better than you.

"Yeah," he answered.

I forced a weak smile.

"I hope that girl makes you happy," I said.

"She does. She's so nice... And sweet... And really pretty," he told me, his eyes sparkling.

My heart sank.

"I hope she'll like you back... I can be your fake girlfriend if she doesn't," I offered.

"There's no need," he responded.

I cocked my head.

"________. That girl I like... is you," he concluded.

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

So... is this chapter better than that prank chapter I did? ^^