Chapter One

Spying on Love

This chapter might be a little boring (:

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

~Your POV~

Ugh. It's a new year. I hope this year would be better. Last year... Let's see, my bestfriend died in a car accident and her sister blamed me for it, my parents passed away, and I got accepted into the Department of Spies. That was the ONLY good thing that happened.

So now I'm stepping into the Department. I work in the Lower Department of Spies since I just got accepted. Ever since I was a little girl, I dreamed of being a spy and work in the Higher Department. My father, you see, was a top spy. He recently got into an accident and got killed. When my mother heard this, she had a heart attack. Literally.

The Department of Spies is actually a "bank". The first two floors of it is, and the rest of the 10 floors are all... spies. The eye scanner popped up as I pressed a secret button in the elevator. I winced as the scanning stung my eyes. Luckily, it finished scanning before I blinked. The elevator went up, up, up, up and ... you get the idea.

I stepped out of the elevator gingerly, as if the floor would break if I put all my weight on it. I looked around. It was still the same. Glass counters, glass desks, glass everything. Except the windows. We had none. The outside world cannot know what we are doing above the two floors of the bank. Especially my brother. He is my only family left. And I just cannot let him see how our father really died. According to him, our father was killed being a hero, saving a woman from bandits. But obviously, thats not what happened. It was just the opposite. A woman came with a bunch of bandits and killed him. Right on the spot. =.= Poor daddy. Didn't even get to turn around and see her face. But it was better that way. That woman was a traitor. She was his bestfriend. Sigh.

"Hey _____!" someone greeted.

I turned around. It was Mee yon, my childhood friend. Besides... HER. Yes HER. The one that died... HER

"Hi Mee yon," I replied.

Ewh. My voice was all croaky.

Mee yon linked arms with me and brought me to the water fountain. Yes, we get water from a water fountain. Mhmm, I know. You don't have to say it. We're too cool for you (:

"Unnie drink some water," she told me with her usual aegyo.

"Thanks," I replied, with my (ewh) still croaky voice.

"EWH. Someone looks -and sounds- like a toad today!" a y cry came from behind me.

We spun around to find ourselves face to face with the usual person... Eunhee. Aish that . What did I ever do to her? Oh yeah. She's still blaming me for her sister. Why would I ever hurt her sister? She was my best friend. Sighh. I guess she had nobody to blame so she thought of the most generous person... ME.

"Toad? Haha. Well I can change how I sound and how I look," I retorted and took a sip of water,"but unfortunately, you can't change that inside you," my voice sounded like silk.

Eunhee's eyes burned and strutted away. Those eyes. They are the same as HERS (her sister). Except on Eunji, it adds a softness to her face. Eunhee wears it like how a girl would wear a dress. Beautiful, stunning, and mesmorizing. Everything I'm not.

 

~Jaejoong's POV~

The sidewalk is dark. The air is silent. Everything is perfect... Or, should I say, WAS perfect. I was trailing the governor since it's my mission and then suddenly, one of his guards excused himself saying he might have saw something. The next thing I knew, there was a bullet in my arm. I have no idea how I will get myself out of here. I winced in pain as I stumbled to a nearby hospital.

 

~Your POV~

My next mission is to trail one of the most wanted criminals?!?!?! Well, he's a suspect. But since I'm in the Lower Department, I only have to find evidence. Good enough. I took a cab to the hospital he's at at the very moment. I looked out the window. Woah. It's HUGE. I quickly got out of the cab and slunk inside. Where's the restrooms?? Finally, I spotted the little dangling tag that read GIRLS. I changed into my doctor's outfit. Good thing this thing fits. I tugged on the collar and the hemline. It's a bit short... And a bit low... But it doesnt reveal anything. So I'm fine. I smiled at the mirror and strode out to the front desk.

"Hello, I am Doctor..." I looked around and thought of a random last name ,"ASGUEST" I blurted.

"Pardon?" the lady answered.

"Um, I'm Doctor Choi."

"Oh Doctor Choi. You must be the new doctor that graduated from Harvard!" she exclaimed.

I beamed at her and thought WTF IM SO SMART.

"Your office is on the fourth floor, third room," she continued.

"Oh okay. Thanks." I replied and made my way towards my new office.

 

~Jaejoong POV~

"Hello what can I do for you?" the lady asked when I walked in.

WHAT DO YOU MEAN 'WHAT CAN YOU DO?' CAN'T YOU SEE I HAVE A BULLET WOUND?!?!?!?

"I got injured," I responded. As if that wasn't obvious.

"Oh! You can see the new doctor on the fourth floor, third room!" she exclaimed.

"Thanks." I grumbled and took the elevator.

I walked into the room. I looked around. A clean, white, organized space. And the doctor, the pretty doctor, was sitting at her desk.

"Um. Hi," I said.

"Can I help you?" she looked up and looked at me with concern when she saw. Her face looks... familiar. "Is that a bullet wound?" she gasped.

"Yeah" I grunted.

"How'd it happen?" she asked.

I stared at her blankly, not knowing what to say. I can't just tell her i was trailing the governor. Um...

"Nevermind," she concluded, "let me see that injury."

I sat down and tilted my wounded shoulder towards her. I winced. She carefully looked at it. That's when I got to clearly see her face. She looked kind and somewhat friendly. The more I look at her... the prettier she gets. She lookeded up.

 

~Your POV~

I really didn't know that much about medicine. But I took first-aid lessons when I trained. I watched as the guy sat down. His wound looked really bad. Although he didn't tell me how he got it, I know it must have hurt. I gently examined it. It wasn't deep, and I should treat it soon before it gets infected. I looked up. His face was inches away from mine, his eyes intense and hypnotising.

"Er..Y-Your wound," I stuttered slightly,"I should treat it."

He nodded and I felt his gaze burn into m back as I turned around to get some medicine. Was he staring at my skirt? Was it too short? I panicked.

He chuckled.

I turned and faced him.

"Why are you panicking?" he smirked.

"Panicking? Pshht." I dismissed calmly as I walked over to him and dabbed away the blood.

"Your were panicking," he insisted.

"No," I denied.

"Yes you were," he objected.

I glanced up. "Stop distracting me. If this doesn't get done well, your gonna have a scar."

He smirked, "Oh really?"

I stopped and stood up. "You wanna see?" I sneered teasingly.

He stared me straight in the eye. My heart thumped. His eyes were so -

"Then she wouldn't ever like me," he breathed.

I gazed at him curiously. He shook his head.

"Do me a favor, person and-" I started.

"Jaejoong," he interrupted.

"Do me a favor Jaejoong, and just sit still and stop protesting," I corrected myself.

"Then do me a favor too," he answered.

 

~Jaejoong POV~

"What favor?" she asked in her melodic voice.

Should I?

"Be my fake girlfriend?" I said timidly.

"Bwoh??"

"Be my fake girl friend. So she can like me."

"Who's she?"

"A girl. That I like."

"Ooh..." she mused, and dripped alcohol into my wound. I winced.

I took a deep breath. "You don't have to if you son't want to, I mean it's your choice and all but I just really like this girl and I really need her so I was wondering if you could, but then it might not be the best idea ever, so if you don't want -" I ranted.

"Haha let me think about it." She took out this silver thing. My spy training made me snap and stand up. She stared up at me, shocked.

"Sorry," I mumbled.

She blinked, and took the silver thing to my arm. With great concentration, she removed the bullet. I gasped in pain as I looked at my poor arm. Blood was gushing out and dripping on the floor... and on her clothes. ITS DRIPPING ON HER CLOTHES.

 

~Your POV~

I carefully took the bullet out. I was successful, but then a sea of blood spilled out. To my horror, some of it got on my clothes.

"Oh my gosh. Sorry you had to see this," I panicked and scurried to the restrooms.

There, I found extra clothes and put them on. They looked just like the one I had on before... except less fancy. I checked myself in the mirror and went back.

 

~Jaejoong POV~

Ugh. What have I done?? She just ran off and probably won't come back. Ever. I'm such a bastard. Screw-

"Um. Sorry about that," a voice said, embarrassed. I looked up and there she was. Damn. Her legs are so long. And her hair frames her face so well. Maybe if that dress was lower...

"Hello? Are you there?" she waved her hand in front of my face.

"Of course. Why?" I replied casually.

She shrugged and handed me a band-aid. "Here," she offered.

I took it gratefully. I studied the band-aid. Aren't these the ones from the Spy Departments? Not a lot of places have the same band-aids as them. There is a special healing formula in it that makes the wound heal faster without a scar. Could she be... No she can't be. But maybe... Nawh. She doesn't even look like one.

"I'll put it on for you if you don't know how to put on a band-aid," she murmured.

I realized I was busily looking at it and didn't even put it on.

"Oh. Um. I. Well. I know how to put on a band-aid. It's just.." I tried to think up an excuse.

"Just?"

"Just that I... thought... my...." Come on, THINK. "Er... I just never saw this kind of band-aid before," I concluded stupidly.

I must look like a fool. She cocked her eyebrow.

There was a long silence.

She pulled out a chair and sat down. Her thighs are -

"So I was thinking about what you said earlier," she started, her eyes are glittering, making her look so beautiful. I opened my mouth to speak but she cut me off. "I guess it wouldn't hurt to be your fake girlfriend...But-"

"But..?" I wondered.

"You can't make any moves on me," she finished.

"What do you mean?"

"No holding my hand-"

"But then how would I prove that your my girlfriend?" I protested.

"Fine," she gave in, "You can hold me hand. But no kissing, and no hugs."

"No hugs?But-"

"Okay. Fine Hugs are allowed," she sighed.

My heart thumped. Why is it like that? I don't like her. She handed me her number.

"Call me when you need to," she flashed a smile and left.

I read the post-it note. "____________? That's a pretty name," I remarked to myself.

 

(The next day)

~Your POV~

It's a new day! Time to report my findings to the Department. Yesterday, when I trailed the criminal, I found him talking with another dark looking man. I entered the elevator. There was another person entering with me. Shoot. Guess I'll have to use Plan B.

The elevator dinged and we were at the second floor. Let me explain. Plan B is to go to the second floor since the person coming with you has no idea what is above the banks. Then after they get off, go do your stuff.

So I was going to close the elevator door when I realized the person has not yet exited. Wait a minute. This is... weird. Is he also a...?

I took a sideway glance at the person. It was a guy. Then I realized.

"IT'S YOU?!?!?!" we gasped at the same time.

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Hehe tell me what I should improve on (: And was this chapter okay?