Chapter Two

Spying on Love

Please leave a comment (:

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

~Your POV~

"IT'S YOU?!?!?!" we gasped at the same time.

I couldn't believe me eyes. Am I blind? Illusional? Mentally retarded? Because standing right in front of me, was Jaejoong.

 

~Jaejoong POV~

It's _______. I never knew she's a spy. Argh! I should have guessed. That band-aid, her steady gaze that can be used for aiming a gun, and her careful observations. She couldn't have been anything BUT a spy.

She was staring at me in awe. I swear... if was unhinged, her jaw would have already fallen to the floor. Which reminds me, that jawline of hers is-

"Is that why he had that bullet wound?" she said to herself. Then when she realized what she just said aloud, she turned away and blushed. "Oops," she cursed under her breath.

I chuckled and scanned my eye. It would've hurt, but I was already used to the lasers searching every last corner of my pupil. The elevator shot up to the tenth floor. I saw her eyes widen.

"What?" I wondered.

"You are in the Top Department?" she gaped. I nodded and she sighed.

"Wow. I'll never get there."

"Yes you will," I encouraged, "One day you'll be working on the twelfth floor, looking down at the other spies."

She smiled up at me. "In my dreams. I have to be one of the top spies to work there!"

"What makes you think you can't do it?" I flashed her a smile and exited the elevator.

 

~Your POV~

Omo. His smile.

My phone vibrated.

Noona can you buy more banana milk?  -Taemin.

I smiled and stepped out of the elevator to the fifth floor.

"Unnie!" Mee yon ran up to me gleefully. "Guess what?" she exclaimed with excitement.

"What?" I replied, getting excited.

"YOU GOT PROMOTED TO THE SIXTH FLOOR!!!!" she screamed on the top of her lungs. I think all the glass just broke.

"BWOH?!?!?!?!?" I squealed.

"YOU GOT PROMOTED!!!!!" she repeated, in a higher pitched tone. Oh no. I think all the glass in Africa just broke.

"AHHHHHH" I started jumping up and down.

"Um. You guys need to go to the mental hospital or something?" Eun hee cut in our glorious moment. 

"You should say that to the guy who ran over your sister," I said, and immediately regretted it.

"You-" her eyes filled up with tears. I gulped.

"Im sorry! I didn't mean- I wish I could take that back-" I apologized.

"!! YOU WERE THE ONE WHO TOLD HER TO COME OVER FASTER!! YOU WERE THE ONE-" she broke down in sobs.

I felt like an idiot. No matter how mean she was, I knew I shouldn't have said that.

"Eun hee. I'm really sorry," I told her softly.

The elevator dinged. Eun hee's mother, my boss, stepped out.

"Sweetie, what's wrong?" she said worriedly.

I stared at my feet.

"N-Nothing mother," Eun hee replied unconvincingly.

I bit my lip.

Jaejoong suddenly stepped out of nowhere. My eyes widened as he put his arm around Eunhee's waist.

 

~Eun hee POV~

That . She told my sister to come quicker and then... UGH.

Stop crying. Stop...stop...stop...

I felt an arm wrap around my waist. Jaejoong. He's always there for me. Like how a boyfriend would be...

"________ could you take Eun hee to calm down?" he asked.

What? He knows her?

"Ok," ______ agreed quietly. She sounded very guilty. As she should be.

_______'s arm gently took my elbow and led me towards the restroom. She took a paper towel and dabbed at my tears with cold water. I remembered the times when she, my sister, and me would dress each other up and she would dab makeup onto my face like that. But now that my sister died...

"Here, use my mascara," _____ offered in her usual kind tone. I glanced up at her. Her eyes told me she was sincerely sorry, and quivered slightly. I took the offer, rather roughly then I intended.

Volumizer.

She sure knows how to make her lashes look longer. But she learned all that from me. I taught her everything she knows, even though she only puts on subtle makeup. Just like my sister.

 

~Your POV~

Eunhee snatched my mascara away and glanced at it before applying it to her gorgeous lashes. I saw a bitter smile form on her face as she looked me in the eye.

"You're just like her," she stated coldly before leaving.

Just like...her?

I looked up, but she was already gone.

 

~Jaejoong POV~

I hope Eunhee is alright. I don't like it when she cries.

And there was something I didn't understand. Why was there so much tension between Eunhee and _____? Eunhee told me once that her sister's bestfriend killed her. But... it couldn't be ______ right?

My thoughts were interrupted by a new assignment popping up on my phone.

The governor is on Oak Street.

I immediately rushed out of the Departments and got in my car. I drove to Oak Street and parked my car in front of a restaurant and pretended I was going in. Then, I spotted the governor. He was across from me. Then, I noticed something else. _____.

 

~Eun hee's POV~

I decided to go shopping on Oak Street. They have the biggest malls there. I was on my way to inside the large buildings when I spotted Jaejoong. He had a panicked expression on his face. Curious, I walked towards him for a closer look.

My heart skipped a beat when I saw the scene in front of me. The governor was just across the street. And so was ______. A little boy was crossing without looking at the truck that was charging towards him.

To my horror, ________ ran towards the little boy to pull him back. Half of me wanted her to get crushed. The other half did not want another person to die in front of my eyes by being hit... by a truck. I knew _____ could not make it. She had told the boy to go, and he did, to the safety of the sidewalk while she gently nudged him to make sure he doesn't trip.

Then Jaejoong leaped, risking his own life, to push _____ aside. No. This cannot happen. There was a puff of smoke as the truck tried to halt, but couldn't. It raced on. My heart fell. So it was the both of them? Gone? Just like that? 

I clutched onto my way-too-short skirt the little boy emerged from the gray atmosphere shouting "Mommy! Mommy!" and running to his mother. Then, to my relief, I saw two figures come out after him.

One limping, and the other one - Jaejoong- let her lean on him.

"Omma! Those two people saved my life!" he cheered.

"Omo. Thankyou so much!" she dipped her head gratefully.

"No problem," ________ replied in a raspy voice. I guess it was because if the heavy smoke.

I let myself breath again.

"Eunhee," Jaejoong smiled meakly,"What were you doing here?" he asked.

I smiled, "Shopping."

He looked at _______. Which reminded me...

"You could have kept trailing the governor, you know." I told him.

"Yeah. I know," he answered. There was no regret in his voice.

"Then..." I trailed off, slightly puzzled. Was there something I should know?

"________ was more important," he admitted.

I stared at him.

"She's my girlfriend."

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

So was this chapter a bit better? Thanks for reading! I'll try to update soon....