Chapter Twenty Two

Spying on Love

~Your POV~

I felt the light steaming down on my face and opened my eyes ever so slowly. My vision was hazy.

I only thought of one thing: Jaejoong.

Gosh, I have gotten really attached to him...

"What time is it?" I mumbled sleepily.

"Seven o'clock," Jaejoong answered.

Startled, I lashed out my fist, attempting to smash his face into peices.

Jaejoong caught my wrist a split second before it reached his left cheek.

"Calm down," he coaxed, "it's just me."

I studied his face. At this moment, I realized just how much he meant to me. The thought of ever losing him stabbed at my heart. I must not love too much. Loving is dangerous.

"Sorry," I replied insincerely and got up.

I walked into the kitchen, feeling the cold floor touch my feet.

I searched for the pancakes, only to find out that we didn't have anymore.

I growled in frustration and heard faint footsteps come toward me.

I raised my head up sharply to see Jaejoong only a few steps away.

"What's with you today?" he said grumpily, handing me the pancakes.

What the...? I thought we ran out...?

"Hmm?" I replied.

He flashed me a look that I didn't bother to analyze. Why am I so out of it today? I sighed and tried to take out the frying pan, but dropped it.

I am not picking that up.

I glanced at Jaejoong, who simply stood there. I guess he's thinking the same thing.

I made my way to my bedroom, where I closed the curtains and hopped onto my bed.

I was about to close my eyes when I saw a figure by the door.

"Jaejoong, I wanna sleep," I told him briskly and turned so I couldn't see him.

I heard him let out a huff of air and walk down the hall.

My ears picked up some noise then some footsteps towards my room AGAIN.

"_____________?" a voice called.

"What," I grumbled.

"I-I just came to see how you were doing."

"I told you I wanted to sleep Jae-" I cut myself off as I realized who it was.

"Changmin!" I exclaimed, "why are you here?"

"...To see how you were doing," he stated the obvious.

I giggled, "Right," I said, "what a pabo," I added, directing the insult to myself.

He smiled and sat on the bed.

"Has Jaejoong been treating you right lately?" he asked.

Why should you want to know?, I thought, remembering what Eunji told me in my dream.

But that was a dream! Changmin wouldn't like you! He likes Eunhee!!!!

"___________?" he said, waving his hand in front of my face to get my attention.

"Oh! Um.. Yea," I answered, snapping back to reality.

"Good," he beamed, "if that little bastard ever does anything, just tell me ok?"

I nodded, still dazed.

Jaejoong appeared at the door.

"I'll be going now," Changmin mumbled and gave me a hug before going.

 

~Jaejoong's POV~

"So... what did you guys talk about?" I asked her.

She shrugged and laid back down.

"Why are you keeping secrets from me?" I sighed.

She pursed her lips, as if about to say something, but didn't.

"I know you want to sleep," I reasoned, "but if you ever... you know... dream about anything, you could always tell me."

I remembered what she had said in the hospital when she was unconscious.

"Ok," she replied indifferently, and if I hadn't been watching her, I wouldn't have caught that flash of panic in her eyes.

 

~Eunhee's POV~

I sat in a cafe, sipping coffee.

"Hey beautiful," a guy flirted. I noted how y his body was.

I plastered a smile on my face which seemed to satisfy him.

His other friends looked at me with interest as well. Leaving my troubled thoughts behind me, I walked up to them.

"What's your name?" one asked.

"What's yours?" I returned with a seductive wink before looking up to dismiss the waitor.

"Does it matter?" he said, falling directly into the trap.

"Mmmm," I pretended to be shy and twirled my hair in my perfectly manicured fingers.

The other guys let out a sigh of adoration.

I felt a firm grip on my wrist.

"Eunhee," _____________ whispered urgently.

I blinked. How dare she ruin my mission?

"Oh, is this hottie your friend?" one of the guys asked, looking her up and down, his gaze lingered on her chest.

"Yes," she answered before I could say anything, "I was supposed to go shopping with her today."

"But since you guys are so cute, we could stay..." I added smoothly, looking up at ________________.

"Right?" I purred.

She nodded and sat on a guy's lap, flashing him a sweet smile.

Together, we got them to drink five bottles of beer each after we coaxed them to go to a bar.

"Babe," one of the guys stuttered, "come," he ordered in a drunken voice.

What losers.

"Anything for you," _______________ replied sweetly, then made a disgusted face when the guy turned his attention to his drink.

I think I underestimated this girl's abilities to seduce men.

She strode over to him and he placed his hand right on her rear. I could see her jump slightly from this sudden move.

"So," she started to say, "I wanted to know something."

The guy looked displeased.

"Please baby?" she pouted.

I hate to admit this, but she's probably better than me at doing this.

"Fine," he gave in curtly, still somewhat unhappy.

"Where do you work?" she asked.

Finally, we're getting to the point.

The guy laughed.

"What's wrong, babe, you only sleep with rich guys?" he answered and _______________ looked startled.

"Well," he continued before she could respond, "since you're hot," he said and gave her a light spank, "I'll tell you I work for a... secret... agency."

"Secret agency?" she repeated, placing her hands on his chest.

I could see a lump in his pants. So unattractive.

"That's right, babe. You curious?" he purred, obviously out of his mind.

She nodded, then sat right on his crotch.

"Wanna tell me about it?" she whispered, giving him such a y look, Jaejoong would probably kill the guy if he found out about this mission.

"So..." he started to say, and soon all his secrets were revealed.

"Where are you going?" he grabbed at ______________ desperately as she got up.

"I need to go," she told him gently.

"Why," he growled, a look of anger flashed in his eyes.

Sensing danger, she quickly replied, "my boss is going to fire me if I don't go."

He remained motionless.

"I'm sorry," she told him apologetically, "I wish I could stay longer..."

With that, she turned and beckoned at me to go.

 I got up from the couch, carefully moving one of the guy's leg.

"Wait!" the guy called.

______________ turned around.

"What's your name?" he asked pleadingly.

"My name?" she said slowly, "my name is Eunji."

 

~Your POV~

We left the bar.

"I was kind of stupid for using your sister's name, huh?" I asked Eunhee.

She looked sort of startled, as if not expecting me to talk to her.

"No," she answered faintly.

"No," she repeated, in a stronger voice, "it was kind of clever, actually."

"You think?" I smiled.

She shrugged. "Well, she's dead right? He won't be able to find you."

I stiffened as old memories came back.

"...Listen, I'm sorry for what happened to-" I started to say.

"I know," she interrupted.

There was a moment of silence. The only noise was the clicking of her Gucci heels.

"Nice shoes," I commented.

She looked at me and seemed to be looking for sarcasm in my complement.

Finding none, she finally responded, "Thanks."

 

After arriving back at the Departments, we both walked our seperate ways to our offices. I only made it two minutes before hearing Jaejoong's footsteps and the touch of his hand on my back.

"Where were you?" he demanded.

"On a mission," I told him briskly.

"Why did you leave so suddenly? I went downstairs and when I came back up, you were gone," he wanted to know.

I turned to face him.

He looked like he was expecting me to say something first.

He can't know about the mission, I chanted in my head. I must change the subject.

I thought about what was on my mind for practically the entire day: Losing him.

"If... If there was another girl..." I said softly, unable to finish.

Argh! I didn't know trying to change the subject would end up like this! I'm supposed to be good at pretending and lying. I guess something fake can become real.

"There won't be another girl," he said firmly, "you're the only one I love."

I raised my eyes to meet his, not sure if he was trying to lie like how I did.

"But what if she was prettier?" I wondered, suddenly curious about this.

"You will always be more beatiful than her," he replied sincerely.

"But what if she was kinder, sweeter, and just more... dazzling?" I said, on the verge of tears.

He held my face in his hands.

"What's wrong ____________?" he whispered, concerned, "did something happen? Why are you suddenly asking me this?"

"I-I-" I gasped for air.

"I don't know," I blurted and threw my arms around him.

"I'm just afraid of losing you," I admitted.

He my back, comforting me.

"Don't be," he told me.

I took in his scent and the way his muscles moved whenever his hand my back.

"Nobody lasts forever," I argued.

He held me tighter.

"But we will," he promised and sealed it with a passionate kiss.