Chapter IX.

Project Bloodlines
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sunny pats her older cousin on the shoulder before she turns her sights to Jessica, who was now surprisingly hugging the younger Halfling. “Oh, look. Jessica made a friend.” Sunny points out, shifting Erika’s gaze from Taeyeon and Sooyeon to Jessica and Soojung. Brows furrow at the scene but she shrugs it off when Jessica pulls away and pats the child on the head. Her eyes meets Jessica’s carnelian ones and a smile immediately graces Jessica’s lips before they avert to stare at Sooyeon.

 

Erika realizes that Soojung must have asked her twin and fiancée to talk with the older Halfling. Inhale. Exhale. She guesses that she wasn’t the only one tasked on knocking some insights into someone. She hopes, talking to Taeyeon would be easier compared to Sooyeon.  

 

-/-/-

 

“Growl at me one more time and I will freeze your tail,” mutters out Krystal as she concentrates on healing Sooyeon’s wound. “I’m trying my best to heal her.” The white wolf gazes up at the young vampire, causing for Krystal to flash her fangs. Muzzle is pulled back and teeth are bared.

 

“I think we should be trying to get along now, not trying to start another fight.” Both Krystal and Sooyeon look up to see Soojung approaching with Jessica following behind. Soojung rushes to her sister’s side; Jessica walks around Taeyeon and Sooyeon to take a peek at Sooyeon’s wound. The young wolf eyes her cautiously, but the vampire ignores it. “That’s a deep wound.” Jessica looks at Soojung. “You weren’t lying when you said your father’s blade struck deep.”

 

“You told her?” questions Sooyeon, staring at Soojung’s face.

 

“It slipped out; she was curious about your wound. The fight should not have caused for you to bleed that much, Sooyeon.”

 

“So, you are friends now? And just a moment ago you were scared beyond your wits, clutching at my cloak.” Soojung’s face heats up; grabbing a handful of snow she throws it at her sister, hitting her sibling square in the face. Laughter rings throughout the small clearing, causing for Sooyeon to growl in embarrassment. “Just you wait.” Soojung sticks her tongue out, before clamoring to her feet and rushing to their mother’s side in hopes of avoiding her sister’s wrath.

 

Krystal pats the top of Sooyeon’s head earning a low growl from the Halfling and causing for Sooyeon to tilt her head back. “Please be careful with your arm, other than that, I’m all done.”

 

“Good,” states Jessica as she observes Sooyeon, watching as Sooyeon fixes her clothes. “Sooyeon,” she calls out. Sooyeon stops moving; head turns and she glances at the vamp. “Is it okay if I speak to you?” A brow arches. “May I speak to you?”

 

“Speak.”

 

“I meant alone.” Taeyeon quickly stands and turns to Jessica, eyeing her. “As an older sister to an older sister, I would like to speak to you privately.” Confusion crosses Krystal’s face and Jessica just smiles in return. “Can we please talk?”

 

Sooyeon pushes herself up onto her feet. Head turns left and right as she looks at everyone, hesitant. Eyes land back on the Vampire who was looking at her expectantly. A heavy sigh and Sooyeon nods her head agreeing to talk to Jessica privately. “Soojung, Taeyeon… I will be right back.” Slinging her bow and quiver over her good shoulder, Sooyeon marches away. Jessica blinks before following after the Halfling.

 

A whine sounds from the white wolf, not liking the fact that Sooyeon had agreed to talk with Jessica privately.

 

Soojung laughs and pets Taeyeon on the head. Taking a seat on the snow beside the wolf, Soojung crosses her legs. Light flashes throughout the clearing and Taeyeon phases back to her human form. “Do you think it is okay to allow Sooyeon to be alone with her?”

 

“Jessica does not seem to be bad. Neither does Krystal. Krystal did heal my sister’s shoulder.” Taeyeon remains mum; eyes locked on the vampire and Halfling’s back.

 

-/-/-

 

Feet stop moving, but Sooyeon does not turn to face Jessica. A deep breath is taken and the Halfling listens intently to her surroundings. When seconds pass and Jessica does not speak, she takes a glance over her shoulder towards the vampire. “You wanted to speak? Why are you not speaking?”

 

“Forgive me for taking the moment to observe you,” remarks Jessica, taking a few steps forward and falling into place beside Sooyeon. “I would like to personally apologize for threatening to take away Soojung’s life.” Sooyeon scoffs. “You don’t find my apology to be sincere?”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter