Chapter IV.

Project Bloodlines
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica’s voice echoes through the trees, freezing everyone in their spots. Lady Jung growls upon seeing the person in Jessica’s grip. Color drains from Sooyeon’s face the moment she spots who Jessica was holding.

 

A smile graces Krystal’s lips upon seeing the arrival of her other sister. Crimson eyes lock on her captor, noting Sooyeon’s reaction.

 

A snarl resounds from the back of Sooyeon’s throat. The sharp edge of the arrow presses firmly against Krystal’s throat. “Let my sister go,” growls Sooyeon through gritted teeth.

 

Jessica doesn’t let up on her hold. “Only if your release my sister.” Sooyeon’s nose flares. “You wish to have me let her go then you have to do the same. Release Krystal and I’ll release her.” Sooyeon looks Krystal in the eyes before glancing Jessica’s way. Her grip loosens slightly.

 

Sensing that her daughter was prepared to do as the mysterious girl said, Lady Jung jumps between the standoff. Muzzle pulls backs and teeth are bared. Snarling, Lady Jung stares up at Jessica and Soojung. Taeyeon looks back and forth before taking a stance beside Lady Jung, snapping at Jessica.  The huge grey wolf looks over its shoulder at Sooyeon.

 

The Halfling nods her head and takes two steps back, tugging Krystal along with her. “How am I to trust your words,” states Sooyeon in an unsteady voice. “How am I to know that if I release this demon, you would release my sister?”

 

Jessica eyes both Taeyeon and Lady Jung. A low hiss comes from the vampire. Fingers grasps Soojung’s chin and Jessica leans forward sliding her nose against Soojung’s cheek. “It would be a shame if her pretty little face freezes.” Soojung hisses at the cold touch and Taeyeon pounces. Within a blink of an eye, Erika crosses the ruined field tackling the large white wolf.

 

The vamp and the wolf roll amongst the snow. A whack of the paw was all it took to shake Erika off of her form. Taeyeon turns and lunges at Erika, ready to sink her teeth into the girl. Flames burst from Erika’s hand. A quick dodge to the right and Taeyeon knocks Erika off of her feet. Front paws slam onto Erika’s shoulder. Teeth bare and before she could snap yet again, a shadow breaks through the thicket and into the wolf sending it flying. Erika looks up to see Hyoyeon standing beside her with Sunny and Tiffany. “Need help?” Erika groans and pushes herself up onto a set of wobbly legs. The fight with Lady Jung had already taken a toll. Then her fight with Yuri had already pushed her to the brink of her limit.

 

“Jessica!” shouts Tiffany taking in the standoff. “Krystal!” Jaw tenses and the vamp prepares to rush in, head first, to aid Jessica.

 

A burst of light shines throughout the small clearing. “Enough!” Everyone freezes in their place. The large grey wolf phases out and Lady Jung’s human form phases in. Groaning, she struggles to her feet and once she was sure she could stand without falling over due to fatigue. Stern eyes glance around at all the young people. “Enough. No more fighting.”

 

“You’re a werewolf,” remarks Tiffany, curling her hands into fists. “You think we’d actually believe your words? You have Krystal hostage. You’re a-“

 

Sunny steps forward, laying a hand on Tiffany’s shoulder. “If we agree not to fight, do you agree to not fight?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter