Chapter I.

Project Bloodlines
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Vampire Hideout, France

 

The wolves have made their early assault on the hideout, catching the young vampires off guard. Erika, Sunny, Tiffany, Hyoyeon, Krystal, and a badly injured Jessica are struggling against a massive pack of werewolves cornering them. Hyoyeon asks the others to hold off their enemies as she summons a portal that would lead to their escape.

 

“I need help here!” Hyoyeon exclaims as she tries to widen the portal’s opening. She needs Seo in this or someone who is well-versed with dimension travel, but their group is quite lacking right now, especially with an injured Jessica.

 

“Krystal, help me up!” Jessica says as she forces her younger sister to leave the battle in order to help her assist Hyoyeon. “We need to escape now!”

 

Jessica, with Krystal supporting her, chants ancient spells which managed to expand Hyoyeon’s summoned portal. She wavers as the ancient magic wears her down. Krystal notices her sister’s struggle and calls for their comrades to enter the portal before Jessica and Hyoyeon use up all their energy, “Everyone, go through the portal now! We don’t have much time!”

 

“Sunny, Tiffany, you go first! I’ll hold everyone off.” Erika commands as she blasts a fire ball towards the incoming wolves. Tiffany summons a huge earthen wall before she exits through the opened portal while Sunny fires a bolt over the barrier, creating a huge flash of white light as a diversion.

 

“Let’s go, Erika!” Sunny pulls the leader into the portal once she has successfully created a room for them all to escape. Erika nods as she allows the petite vampire to pull her in, catching a glance at her fiancée and younger sister before she disappears past the magical door.

 

“Krystal, you and your sister need to go. I can hold this door for a bit.” Hyoyeon instructs the younger vampire. Krystal didn’t need to be told twice as she and her sister poise themselves for the travel.

 

“See you on the other side, Hyo.” Jessica mutters as she and her sister leap into the portal.

 

Hyoyeon momentarily looks to the barrier created by her cousin and sees a werewolf climbing over it. She gives it a teasing smile before she leaps into the vortex and closes the portal from the other side. Sunny and Tiffany finds themselves falling in a vortex of darkness as they travelled through time and space. Erika takes hold of her sisters as they slip out of the other dimension that Hyoyeon and Jessica had opened. Hyoyeon, who was the last among them to tumble into the strange land, grunted at the impact.

 

Jessica groans as her injury worsens when she and her sisters fell off from the portal. Krystal wastes no time to heal her sister’s wound while the other members scout the area they have just entered. Krystal places Jessica’s head close to her neck to which Jessica bites down on the pulse point as she tries to replenish her energy with her sibling’s blood.

 

“This place is strange.” Sunny remarks as her eyes take in the forested area covered by snow and silence. This place was neither like France nor England at all.

 

“Shh, I hear something.” Tiffany murmured as she senses sticks crunching. Someone else is around the area. The vampire looks to their leader as Erika trudges forward, braving the thick snow. Hyoyeon follows suit as they begin to scout the area for potential threats to their survival.  

 

-/-/-

 

Woodsea Forest, Asheel, Silva

 

Turning, she takes a glance at her youngest daughter. “Stay safe and keep an eye on Sooyeon, Soojung.” Soojung nods her head, climbing up on top of her horse. “And the two of you as well,” she turns and looks at both Juhyun and Yuri. “I am terribly sorry for whatever reckless adventures my oldest child has talked the two of you into.” Juhyun shakes her head as does Yuri. “Taeyeon,” a yelp and the wolf walks over to her. Kneeling, she runs her fingers through the white fur. “I am entrusting them to you,” she whispers.

 

Head tilts back; a long howl escapes from the young Skinwalker, causing for a smile to appear on the elderly woman’s face. “We may not be welcomed on Nimbus, but we are welcomed here. Remember that.” A tongue slides across her face and Lady Jung laughs. “It seems your suitor has given me a kiss.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter