Chapter III.

Project Bloodlines
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Erika stares down Yuri, eyeing all movements the Calor was making. It interested her, that there was someone in this strange world that could wield fire just as she can. “Hyoyeon, go alert the others,” she states calmly, never tearing her sight away from Yuri. “We will be needing help in this fight.”

 

“It would be better if I stay and assist you,” was Hyoyeon’s response.

 

Erika shakes her head. “If one of us doesn’t go and get help we could all die.” Finally tearing her eyes away from Yuri, Erika glances at her fellow vampire. “I don’t think Jessica would be too happy hearing that I died because someone didn’t go and get help.” Hyoyeon stands her ground. “Go. Now. Krystal and I can hold our own for the time being.” Hyoyeon glances at both Yuri and Juhyun before disappearing through the thicket.

 

“Sending for help?” Erika turns back to Yuri.  “That means we will have to send you running before your help arrives.” Erika scoffs. In a blink of an eye, the vampire closes the gap between herself and the Calor, startling Yuri. A punch is thrown and Yuri shields herself with her sword. The force slides Yuri back a few meters. Before Yuri could recover from the attack, Erika rushes towards her, slamming her fist repeatedly against the blade. The vampire’s knuckles turn red with blood but Erika does not seem to mind. She does not even bother unsheathing her sword.

 

Grunts continuously sound off from the Calor as she attempts to hold her ground from the barrage of attacks. Sparks burst from the sword as small bursts of flames erupt from Erika’s fists. Yuri manages to block them despite feeling the need to absorb the heat. Erika’s tolerance to the wounds on her fists amazes Yuri. The Calor wonders how much punches this stranger could pack before they tire out.

 

Sensing that someone was closing in on her, Erika dodges Juhyun’s strike, causing for Juhyun to strike Yuri’s blade. Hopping back, Erika observes the two. She notes how difficult it would be taking the two of them on together, especially since she was already beginning to feel weary from her fight with the werewolves and the large grey wolf. She would have to take one of them out now. Disable them. Crimson eyes flicker back and forth. Yuri would be the tougher one to fight, so that would make Juhyun the easier one to get rid of.

 

Rushing forward, Erika takes hold of Juhyun’s weapon with one hand and grabs a fist full of Juhyun’s tunic. With all of her strength, she yanks the sword out of her Juhyun’s hands, blood lining her palm. With a grunt she flips Juhyun over her shoulder, sending the Harmonian crashing into the snow.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter